Preorder DARK MATTER…single OUT NOW!!!

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I have a feeling the new songs are not called Wrecker or Dark Matter. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Today would be a perfect day!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    I feel like this lost traction. I wonder where PJ online got their info for that story. 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Kwieneke said:
    I feel like this lost traction. I wonder where PJ online got their info for that story. 
    Probably some insider person who saw some working song titles and shared those out. There has been chatter over the last 10 years or so of a few fans who are connected to some of the band's inner circle. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,613
    Kinda have a feeling its not dropping until after that party next week. 

• Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 590
    I think someone mentioned Dance of the clairvoyant dropped a week before the listening party ev was at in Hollywood? Positive wishing 
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    I hope we get something sooner than later but at this point I’m kinda expecting everything at once on 2/13, album announcement plus tour plus single. 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    Sirens4 said:
    I think someone mentioned Dance of the clairvoyant dropped a week before the listening party ev was at in Hollywood? Positive wishing 
    The listening party was after DOTC was released but before SBWM. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,465
    Sirens4 said:
    DOTC was released 2 days before the gigaton party but they teased us 3 days before for midnight release 
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    deb1211 said:
    Sirens4 said:
    DOTC was released 2 days before the gigaton party but they teased us 3 days before for midnight release 
    I don't think we're getting anything without a similar 3 day type of teaser which means we can probably kiss this week goodbye.  Hopefully next week!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335

How sure are we that the listening party is actually happening? All I've seen is one post that someone shared purporting to announce the event, with no sourcing or attribution. Did I miss something where someone cited an official source for that information?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,974
    Fake news
  • dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 387
    BF25394 said:

How sure are we that the listening party is actually happening? All I've seen is one post that someone shared purporting to announce the event, with no sourcing or attribution. Did I miss something where someone cited an official source for that information?
    Precisely. 

On another note: why does this band and their management insist on such an archaic approach to the release of new material? I’m sure many of you recognize that most other artists do things entirely differently than we’ve seen from PJ in the past. No need to “tease” us or go through the protracted roll out. You don’t build hype for album releases any more bc there is so little profit derived from this revenue stream now. Also, this band has a cult following ; they’re not gaining much in the way of new listeners. There’s nothing to attract. So, honestly, just release a strong track when it’s ready to go (which it presumably already is) and there is your single. With it, announce album details and release date a couple weeks out. Give everyone one week to update memberships, and then release tour details. Pre sale a week later. Hell, this can all be done in a few weeks once tour dates are locked. We don’t need a multi month process leading up to an album “release”. That whole concept is for the dinosaurs. Let’s hope they’ve…..evolved. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    dwjmu84 said:
    BF25394 said:

Precisely. 

On another note: why does this band and their management insist on such an archaic approach to the release of new material? I’m sure many of you recognize that most other artists do things entirely differently than we’ve seen from PJ in the past. No need to “tease” us or go through the protracted roll out. You don’t build hype for album releases any more bc there is so little profit derived from this revenue stream now. Also, this band has a cult following ; they’re not gaining much in the way of new listeners. There’s nothing to attract. So, honestly, just release a strong track when it’s ready to go (which it presumably already is) and there is your single. With it, announce album details and release date a couple weeks out. Give everyone one week to update memberships, and then release tour details. Pre sale a week later. Hell, this can all be done in a few weeks once tour dates are locked. We don’t need a multi month process leading up to an album “release”. That whole concept is for the dinosaurs. Let’s hope they’ve…..evolved. 
    If you weren't on this message board you'd know nothing other than a couple festival dates and whatever you teased out of an interview if it even came across your radar. It feels like this because we've put ourselves in the deep end.
    My Morning Jacket likely has an album and tour on the way and all I know so far is a handful of festivals and what I've pulled out of interviews I've seen.
  • dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 387
    edited January 25
    pjl44 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    BF25394 said:

Precisely. 

If you weren't on this message board you'd know nothing other than a couple festival dates and whatever you teased out of an interview if it even came across your radar. It feels like this because we've put ourselves in the deep end.
    I don’t see it that way at all. I didn’t put myself anywhere by what I read here. I don’t read much on this board frankly. I have read and heard what Ed, Mike, and Stone have said about a new record. To be fair, Jeff has been quiet as has Matt (mostly). Additionally, you’ll notice I said “in the past” as a reference to how they have done things for previous albums. So, maybe they have something more streamlined in mind. My only point was there is no need for a “rollout” anymore. It’s an antiquated concept. When it’s ready, simply release the damn thing. We don’t need the build up. Maybe a week or two between announcing tour dates and presales, as that does take planning. But, for new music…stop talking about it in guitar world, on podcasts, etc and just release it. They will be judged on the merits of the music, which we will all listen to very intently. 
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,725
    pjl44 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    BF25394 said:

Precisely. 

The same tour rumors and album speculation have been posted many times on the Facebook pages as well, so it has reached a larger audience.  If you're a semiactive 10c member and still in the dark, I don't know what to tell you. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    I like the foreplay …. Some like to get to… you know what 🤣🤣

it’s good to anticipate
    Never mind. There's thumbs that need twiddlin' folks.
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 896
    CROJAM95 said:

it’s good to anticipate
    Then try being a Tool fan with your giggleberries tickled for over a decade and no end in sight. Everything in moderation...
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    JT167846 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

it’s good to anticipate
    Then try being a Tool fan with your giggleberries tickled for over a decade and no end in sight. Everything in moderation...
    I am, went to MSG Saturday before last

great show

been battling FLU because of it😬
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    dwjmu84 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dwjmu84 said:
    BF25394 said:

Precisely. 

I don’t see it that way at all. I didn’t put myself anywhere by what I read here. I don’t read much on this board frankly. I have read and heard what Ed, Mike, and Stone have said about a new record. To be fair, Jeff has been quiet as has Matt (mostly). Additionally, you’ll notice I said “in the past” as a reference to how they have done things for previous albums. So, maybe they have something more streamlined in mind. My only point was there is no need for a “rollout” anymore. It’s an antiquated concept. When it’s ready, simply release the damn thing. We don’t need the build up. Maybe a week or two between announcing tour dates and presales, as that does take planning. But, for new music…stop talking about it in guitar world, on podcasts, etc and just release it. They will be judged on the merits of the music, which we will all listen to very intently. 
    I think what happens is that Pearl Jam is more or less a part-time concern at this point, and has been for a while, but the individual members also have their various side projects and charitable endeavors for which they do press. Naturally, when doing that press, they get asked questions about Pearl Jam, because that is what of most interest to most people who are reading interviews with members of Pearl Jam, but there isn't often much specific for them to say. And then we read a lot into these vague, often conflicting and subjective statements because it's all we have.

To be clear, Pearl Jam the business is a full-time concern. But Pearl Jam the band is part-time in the sense that the members probably only see each other here and there, writing sporadically, getting together to record Pearl Jam material for short periods of time years apart, and then touring for a few months every other year or so. The lion's share of their time is spent on family and personal interests (which is their prerogative, of course).
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 896
    CROJAM95 said:
    JT167846 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

it’s good to anticipate
    I am, went to MSG Saturday before last

great show

been battling FLU because of it😬
    Nice. Diseases and Tool gigs go hand in hand apparently...saw them twice in Auckland in February 2020 then a week later mainstream news media was telling everyone who went to call Healthline as one if the first Covid cases in NZ went. Plot twist Maynard had it at the time too!
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    JT167846 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

it’s good to anticipate
    I want Pearl Jam giggleberry tickles!!!
  • SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    11 months till Christmas, give us the single!
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,168

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    would be a nice birthday present if they released something tomorrow. Just sayin'.....
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,154
    demetrios said:

I’m thinking this too if this listening party is happening, because why bother having an exclusive event like that and then drop the single before it. I’d say the single happens very shortly after. With other possible info too. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
This discussion has been closed.