Pearl Jam at Fenway

2»

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,176
    JimmyV said:
    Travel in the spring, home shows in the fall. 

I like Fenway for shows. So much easier to get in and out of if you are coming from MetroWest. 

TD Garden and Mansfield are both a pain in the ass to get to, and Gillette sucks for shows. 
    I like Fenway do you think they’ll have the seats up front like they did the 1st time they played there? And does platinum prices come into play, 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JimmyV said:
    Travel in the spring, home shows in the fall. 

I like Fenway for shows. So much easier to get in and out of if you are coming from MetroWest. 

TD Garden and Mansfield are both a pain in the ass to get to, and Gillette sucks for shows. 
    I like Fenway do you think they’ll have the seats up front like they did the 1st time they played there? And does platinum prices come into play, 
    I would think it will be the same layout. And yeah...plat is probably the new normal now
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Loujoe said:
    JimmyV said:
    RS65573 said:
    Ill go to Fenway a 5th and 6th time of course, but PLEASE don't play the same songs both night, were all there both nights.
    Amen. Draw the Line and Taillights Fade were fine once. It was overkill playing them again on N2 in 2016 and 2018, respectively.
    Draw The Line only happened twice because Tom Hamilton showed up unexpectedly. Agreed on Taillights Fade, though. That was kinda weird. 
    "Weird" is putting it nicely. 
    Draw the Line was hot! I only went to second show so heard it once.
    2018...arms aloft (me no likey) dirty water with df tease....grrrr.(seemed like Mike wanted to play df).
    Love pj and sure to do what they want. 

I liked Draw the Line... I was referring to Tailights Fade in 2018. 

& yeah... Arms Aloft was a huge momentum killer after the 1st 3 songs that night. 

Gern Blansten said:
    JimmyV said:
    RS65573 said:
    Ill go to Fenway a 5th and 6th time of course, but PLEASE don't play the same songs both night, were all there both nights.
    Amen. Draw the Line and Taillights Fade were fine once. It was overkill playing them again on N2 in 2016 and 2018, respectively.
    Draw The Line only happened twice because Tom Hamilton showed up unexpectedly. Agreed on Taillights Fade, though. That was kinda weird. 
    Disagree...it was the perfect opportunity and it's not like everyone that was at night 1 was at night 2. There were only 5 repeats on night 2.
    Different strokes... it didn't do much for me N1, and hearing it again N2 was another momentum killer. BJ's forced Boston accent didn't help the moment either. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,974
    Platinum will push 10c back more. Stinks.
  • Loujoe said:
    JimmyV said:
    RS65573 said:
    2018...arms aloft (me no likey) dirty water with df tease....grrrr.(seemed like Mike wanted to play df).

& yeah... Arms Aloft was a huge momentum killer after the 1st 3 songs that night. 

Gern Blansten said:
    JimmyV said:
    RS65573 said:
    Disagree...it was the perfect opportunity and it's not like everyone that was at night 1 was at night 2. There were only 5 repeats on night 2.
    Different strokes... it didn't do much for me N1, and hearing it again N2 was another momentum killer. BJ's forced Boston accent didn't help the moment either. 
    wait....isn't BJ from Boston? 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Loujoe said:
    JimmyV said:
    RS65573 said:

Gern Blansten said:
    JimmyV said:
    RS65573 said:
    wait....isn't BJ from Boston? 
    He is and it reminded me of Matt Damon (also from Boston) in the Departed. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,176
    Loujoe said:
    Platinum will push 10c back more. Stinks.
    Yeah that’s exactly what happened last round of shows 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169
    PJNB said:
    Booked a hotel. It’s insane how expensive hotels are right now. And then they have the added resort or hotel fees hidden on top of the already crazy prices. 

I am not too excited to go back to Fenway but with airfare prices being insane now as well this is a no brainer being able to drive. 

Oh ya and $65 a night for parking. Awesome 

$65 US a night for parking?!? WOW!

It sounds like the Fenway shows are the only closest driving Pearl Jam 2024 shows next year for us.