Options

looking for drummer (Chicago area)

neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
cross-posted from The Porch:

Times have been a little quiet with Brain of J so in the meantime, Chris (tree789), Jon (evolution10) and Amy (neenerbean) have been writing some tunes for an original project (completely apart from Brain of J). We are looking for a drummer to round out the line-up (Jon will be playing guitar). If you play drums relatively well, can commute to the chicago suburbs (namely Glendale Heights & Elk Grove Village) and really want to be in a band, please contact Chris at chris@brainofj.net.

This is all about fun for us, but at the same time being completely committed...we are not looking for god's gift to drummers so if you aren't excellent, it's ok! Cause neither are we :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    If you needed a guitar player in the Boston area, I'd be so there ;)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Damnit! I'm in Boston too... Why can't I find offers this cool around here?
  • Options
    simple solution: move to Chicago! :D
  • Options
    i like that idea!!
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

facebook.com/greendaytribute

GO GO WHITE SOX!! 2005 CHAMPS!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
  • Options
    jon??? just curious....why u moving to guitar??? your a freaking drumming machine!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by SPEEDY MCCREADY
    jon??? just curious....why u moving to guitar??? your a freaking drumming machine!!!!!
    he's a guitaring machine too! among other things ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by neenerbean
    he's a guitaring machine too! among other things ;)
    i dont even wanna know....i figured my sizzlin comment got me in enough trouble for one day.....hehehehehehe
  • Options
    does this mean that brain of j will be tailing off in their number of shows? i know you guys haven't played much recently and you're playing in march every week, but do you guys think this may be the beginning of the end for brain of j?? please say it ain't so.

not that i won't support your new band... that will fuckin rock, no question. if jon is half as good on guitar as he is on drums, you guys will blow people's minds. :)
    "Nobody is ever promised tomorrow. Increase the peace."
    ~Juan Azize
  • Options
    no, we'll still do Brain of J. as far as the original band is concerned, it just stems from our desire to write, make and perform music :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by SPEEDY MCCREADY
    i dont even wanna know....i figured my sizzlin comment got me in enough trouble for one day.....hehehehehehe
    what?! he plays a mean harmonica! get your mind out of the gutter, MIKE ;)
  • Options
    We'll still be going stong with brain of j!!...and hopefully with our original band too!
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    Thanks speedy and bisepost!!!
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    what?! he plays a mean harmonica! get your mind out of the gutter, MIKE ;)
    ok im gonna go dip myself in some holy water......and then its off to work...have fun jon and amy...talk to ya soon.....speedy.....
  • Options
    tree789tree789 Posts: 23
    brain of j is our main project and like amy said, we are filling our desire to write....unless this original band takes off..and i mean really takes off, brain of j will be front and center for us...who knows, we may even open for ourselves in march...we are tossing around that idea...

and thanks for the kind comments about brain of j...its nice to know we have the support during our down period...soon enough we will get together and do a promo kit so we can start contacting clubs and getting booked for shows...hopefully march is the start of a great year for B.O.J....

anyone got a dollar?

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

"I have a bigger cock than Flea and Patrick Ewing combined, but I don't want to brag."
    ed - 11-5-00
  • Options
    Originally posted by tree789
    brain of j is our main project and like amy said, we are filling our desire to write....unless this original band takes off..and i mean really takes off, brain of j will be front and center for us...who knows, we may even open for ourselves in march...we are tossing around that idea...

anyone got a dollar?
    hahaa... opening for yourself would fuckin rock!!!! i can just see the line-up: francois dillenger (sp?), brain of j, atrophe annie, and new band

and if you get any merch, i'm all over it... good way to make a buck or two (one for each fan?)
    ~Juan Azize
  • Options
    how about reversable t shirts...ha ha

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

"I have a bigger cock than Flea and Patrick Ewing combined, but I don't want to brag."
    ed - 11-5-00
  • Options
    how about reversable t shirts...ha ha
    dude, write brain of j on a piece of paper, and i'll buy it from you :) its a poster
    ~Juan Azize
  • Options
    Originally posted by bisepost
    dude, write brain of j on a piece of paper, and i'll buy it from you :) its a poster
    dude, you rule. like, TOTALLY.

*bows to bisepost*
  • Options
    *bows to bisepost*
    one of the most unnecessary things EVER! you're the one with the two bands! i just like pj, and support my friends :)
    ~Juan Azize
  • Options
    Originally posted by bisepost

you rock!!! :)
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    I am *so* making a t-shirt that says "I (heart) Dan" on it. Or "Dan is the biz-omb" or "Dan RULES!" :D

and I'm wearing it onstage.

and you better not try n' stop me :p
  • Options
    I am *so* making a t-shirt that says "I (heart) Dan" on it. Or "Dan is the biz-omb" or "Dan RULES!" :D

and I'm wearing it onstage.

and you better not try n' stop me :p
    haha... that would be fantastic! i've never had anyone make a shirt and wear it for me :) ... but you'll have to give me a heads up when you're going to wear it so i can get a shirt that says "AMY!!! YEAH!!!!" as my saying goes :D

i'll post it here, because all you brain of j folk read this thread: come to chicago one wednesday night... me and a few friends go to kareoke night at a bar nearly every week. its a blast with a lot of cool people. they have over 10,000 songs to chose from (only 8 pj songs though) and when it gets packed, its a mad house when great music gets sung (which is frequently... a lot of people have really good taste in music there). it would be a great time had by all!!
    ~Juan Azize
  • Options
    i need a shirt that says "stupid" and jon needs a shirt that says "im with stupid"

www.brainofj.net

www.evenflowrocks.com

ed - 11-5-00
  • Options
    i need a shirt that says "stupid" and jon needs a shirt that says "im with stupid"

LMFAO!!!

hey dan, i work wednesday nights but thanks for the offer anyway!!
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    Originally posted by evolution10
    LMFAO!!!

hey dan, i work wednesday nights but thanks for the offer anyway!!
    thats cool... don't worry about it. are you taking off for march on wednesday nights?
    ~Juan Azize
  • Options
    yeah, i can't miss our shows!!! :)
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    yeah, i can't miss our shows!!! :)
    ahhhhhhhhhh we don't need you ;)

KIDDING! :p
  • Options
    ahhhhhhhhhh we don't need you ;)

KIDDING! :p

lol...you COULD just use chris' pedal! :)
    The Dollars
    www.thedollars.net

• Options
    lol...you COULD just use chris' pedal! :)
    nawh, it's not as cute :p
  • Options
    hey neenerbean, you rock :-) i was on your site and it looks like pretty amazing to see such an attractive in a band performing Pearl Jam....:-) i wish a the girls were the same and had same attitude to music...anyway i wanted to make a new band with two guitars,bass drums and vocals and i wanted to name it "Brain of J" but you were first to do so....fuck...:-)
    me: www.myspace.com/mariomarcinek

my band: www.myspace.com/mofokillerain

official site: www.stonerock.sk