Long Road song request for late brother - Austin 2

SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
edited September 2023 in The Porch
I can't believe I'm tying this, but here goes.

Would like to get a request for Long Road at Austin night 2 for my big brother Marty who just passed away in a sudden, tragic work accident on August 21st.  He was 49.  After talking it over with his wife Heather, my wife Melissa and I decided to go ahead with traveling to these shows.  We were considering cancelling our trip.

This is a big one for our family and so many friends.  He was 1 of us 5 brothers.  We’re all close and this hurts beyond belief.  Would like to get this dedication out there for him on behalf of myself and my wife Melissa, along with my other brothers Mike, Jared, and Brent.  Also with Marty’s wife Heather, and their kids Tristan and Maia.  And to my parents Alan and Patty Mundis.  (I know that's a lot)  I had Long Road played at his funeral.  Really could be either night in Austin, but we have GA on night 2.

Marty was a big Pearl Jam fan from way back.  He’s the reason I got into the band in the first place.   We used to cruise around back in the early 90’s listening to PJ constantly.  Played Vs so much on tape that it broke.   It’s probably the original reason I’ve been to so many shows once I was old enough to go.  We continued the PJ fandom through our teens, 20’s, 30’s, and now 40’s.   We never had the opportunity to get to a show together.  He never made it to one.  I always said that we’d get to one at some point.  His family was priority number one, so a lot of stuff like that was put off.  But he was ok with that.  He was a dedicated husband and father(which is an understatement, trust me.)  And he was a man that I was beyond proud to be able to call my brother.  So much of who I am as a man is due to him.  There is so much more to say, but I’ll just stop here.  Would just really appreciate this dedication if at all possible.  Thanks.  Jason Mundis

My brother's FB

https://www.facebook.com/marty.mundis

Post edited by Sidnum on

Comments

• Jason, sorry for the loss of your brother. I hope they see this and play the song in honor of Marty. 
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Jason, sorry for the loss of your brother. I hope they see this and play the song in honor of Marty. 

Thanks a lot.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,672
    So sorry for your loss. Hope you get Long Road!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    So sorry for your loss. I know it's hard. I lost my brother suddenly at the age of 47 back in 2019. This morning on my way to work I was crying while listening to Come Back and thinking about him and my Dad who we lost recently. I hope you get your wish. They are due to play The Long Road anyway. :) Either way, enjoy the shows and I hope you get some relief from the pain you're all suffering.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I lost my one and only sibling 9 months ago. I know your pain OP and wish peace for you and your family. Bump this one up to the stars. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,930
    Bump!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore