Ten CC suggestions

2»

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    JZ280705 said:
    BF89905 said:
    That 2010 MSG fanclub sale was a pride swallowing, multi hour ordeal that I will never repeat.
    Can you elaborate on that?  
    I'm guessing it was the old F5 system.  Where 10c tried to sell the tickets directly but the website isn't designed for that kind of traffic (even TM struggles with it now, and does random queues).   The F5 system would crash the website, but you kept smashing F5 to refresh your browser because sometimes, if you were persistent enough, you could the website to just work long enough to get in your order.  I always got tickets via F5, but it could mean spending half a day constantly refreshing the screen.

It got progressively worse with every tour.  The 2011 Canada tour was the Final straw. It collapsed and they couldn't sell the tickets.   That's when 10c farmed it out to TM.   I suppose the 2010 tour was the last successful tour f5 was used, which means it was the worst it got  (aside from 2011 when it failed).
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited September 2023

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • The 1st Fenway show was the last time I got 3rd row in between Ed & Stone! So if they do stadiums with seats up front I’ll try for tickets, this year was a shit show with allocation of tickets after complaining they put me in section 113 row 10 good seats but by far the farthest I’ve gotten from looking at pictures! And I couldn’t make the show ughh I transferred the tickets to a 10C member 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    It sure would be a shame if all these pj premium seats that are still for sale 5 hours before the ft worth show go empty instead of being enjoyed by 10club fans like they should have been in the first place.

edited September 2023
    And now row 9 has magically shown up at face value. 3 hours ago you can see in the screen above if these seats weren’t even for sale.  In fact all the seats in blue are now for $161. Earlier they were $230.  What a load of shit. These seats should have gone to 10club members. 
    Post edited by mcatake on

• mcatake said:
    It sure would be a shame if all these pj premium seats that are still for sale 5 hours before the ft worth show go empty instead of being enjoyed by 10club fans like they should have been in the first place.

This is the bullshit I’m talking about. Presumably held back for VIP’s who didn’t want them.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    know1 said:
    This place would burn if seniority was eliminated. 
    What does seniority even mean anymore? After 20 years of a continuous membership, my seat locations just keep gradually getting worse. I've never had any significantly better tickets than my first show with fan club seats. 

Between barely having any shows, selling premium seats, different lottery structures and various other modifications to the way the ten club seats are allocated over the years, seniority doesn't really get you anything of value. And now you can just buy seats as good or better for face value from the fan to fan exchange.
    They don't get better because nobody with higher seniority leaves, they opened up GA, and they started acquiring more and more tickets. You were never promised better seats as the years go by.
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 941
    mattcoz said:
    know1 said:
    What does seniority even mean anymore? After 20 years of a continuous membership, my seat locations just keep gradually getting worse. I've never had any significantly better tickets than my first show with fan club seats. 

Between barely having any shows, selling premium seats, different lottery structures and various other modifications to the way the ten club seats are allocated over the years, seniority doesn't really get you anything of value. And now you can just buy seats as good or better for face value from the fan to fan exchange.
    They don't get better because nobody with higher seniority leaves, they opened up GA, and they started acquiring more and more tickets. You were never promised better seats as the years go by.
    Yeah but they shouldn’t be getting worse over time either. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    mattcoz said:
    know1 said:

What are you talking about? It is impossible that in 20 years, every single membership above me has been continuous. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    ZoSoTim said:
    mattcoz said:
    know1 said:

Yeah but they shouldn’t be getting worse over time either. 

GA pushed everyone back, more tickets pushed everyone back, and yes premium tickets pushed everyone back too. Seniority still counts in what's left.
    know1 said:
    mattcoz said:
    know1 said:

What are you talking about? It is impossible that in 20 years, every single membership above me has been continuous. 

It's called hyperbole, I obviously didn't mean NOBODY.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    know1 said:
    mattcoz said:
    know1 said:

It would be a very small portion of people that have let their membership expire since around the 1995-1998 era.  I finally opened my TC membership in late 1995 and I have never lapsed and never will.  I would guess from just conversations and postings over the years that around 80% of people who began in those years have kept their membership in tact.  From 1998 on, I would guess it is closer to 90%
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    PB11041 said:
    know1 said:
    mattcoz said:
    know1 said:

It would be a very small portion of people that have let their membership expire since around the 1995-1998 era.  I finally opened my TC membership in late 1995 and I have never lapsed and never will.  I would guess from just conversations and postings over the years that around 80% of people who began in those years have kept their membership in tact.  From 1998 on, I would guess it is closer to 90%
    I highly doubt it's 80%. There are other reasons memberships would lapse besides just not wanting to let it lapse - financial difficulties, loss of interest, forgetfulness, health reasons, death, etc. 

But even if what you say is true, my tickets should be 10% better. Not the other way around. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I get the sense many people have been lax with renewing at some point over the last 25-30 years. We currently have member numbers stretching into the 700,000s. I have a 435*** number, and I think that is probably pretty close to middle of the pack seniority.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • I actually went to London in 2018 and Amsterdam last year as it was easier to get tix and 2 shows each.  And each city had one show cancelled at the last minute.  What was really frustrating about the London show was the Stones we’re playing the same night a couple hours away and would have gone had the cancellation come earlier in the day.