Ten CC suggestions

How about instead of lottery where you don’t know what your tickets are, do the following:

1) Switch to market pricing. No Platinum. Standard price fixed.
2) Give members presale access. Eliminate lottery.
3) Allow resale at OR BELOW  price paid to eliminate scalper but protect fan from losing all.
4) Eliminate seniority which gives the same people the great tickets or give long time members discount on 10 cc fee or some other benefit like limited edition merch.

Comments

• This place would burn if seniority was eliminated. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • I'll take things that will never happen for $500 Alex
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    JZ280705 said:
    How about instead of lottery where you don’t know what your tickets are, do the following:

3) Allow resale at OR BELOW  price paid to eliminate scalper but protect fan from losing all.
    4) Eliminate seniority which gives the same people the great tickets or give long time members discount on 10 cc fee or some other benefit like limited edition merch.

Do you know how many people I have seen get GA the last two years that have been in the club since like 2020?  I don't complain because that is the seniority elimination.  And I will be damned if I am going to spend a night and a day sleeping on the street outside the arena on purpose. 

If you make a modicum of effort getting to know people and just being generally a decent human you can get into any show you want with good seats.  There are always exceptions, like when they do only one show at an MSG or play for the first time in a major city in over 5 years, and first time in an area in over 10.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• You guys are right. But given that, what’s the point of being in the fan club.  After 8 years, the only tickets I’ve ever “won” were tickets I wouldn’t buy. Plus I had the hassle of reselling them. Never got an MSG ticket.  I first joined around 2005. Quit a few years later for the same reason.  Senior members aren’t going to drop so it’s pointless.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    This place would burn if seniority was eliminated. 
    What does seniority even mean anymore? After 20 years of a continuous membership, my seat locations just keep gradually getting worse. I've never had any significantly better tickets than my first show with fan club seats. 

Between barely having any shows, selling premium seats, different lottery structures and various other modifications to the way the ten club seats are allocated over the years, seniority doesn't really get you anything of value. And now you can just buy seats as good or better for face value from the fan to fan exchange.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    JZ280705 said:
    You guys are right. But given that, what’s the point of being in the fan club.  After 8 years, the only tickets I’ve ever “won” were tickets I wouldn’t buy. Plus I had the hassle of reselling them. Never got an MSG ticket.  I first joined around 2005. Quit a few years later for the same reason.  Senior members aren’t going to drop so it’s pointless.
    seniority stopped mattering for several tours after the 2005 tour.  They reverted back when they began going back to GA for all as a more fair allotment. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    edited September 2023
    JZ280705 said:

Personally, offering limited edition landfill fodder, er, merch isn’t really a perk.
    Post edited by bicyclejoe on
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Wishlist, but not necessarily foolproof solutions...

1. Keep seniority, but offer 2-3 price tiers to pick from (GA, Lowers, Uppers/Back) as part of the lottery process. Allows potential of higher 10C to move closer in some sections
    2. Ensure first picks of a show's date in lottery are filled before giving second/third priorities tickets, regardless of tiers selected
    3. Allow F2F resale below cost
    4. More transparency in Premium zones or make all Premium available at general onsale vs last-second drops in varying locations
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    I deserve nothing, but want everything...how do we ever satisfy that?
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Let's go the opposite direction.  Eliminate GA, seniority based floor seating with some lottery rows.  I was told GA is dangerous and so is camping out in large US cities.   =)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • hrd2imgn said:
    running for political office  =)
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    They started the lottery because the site would crash every time and was a total mess. 
    Half the reason to renew every year is to keep your seniority.
    edited September 2023
    mace1229 said:
    They started the lottery because the site would crash every time and was a total mess. 
    Half the reason to renew every year is to keep your seniority.
    Has your seniority ever gotten you better tickets as the years have passed? Or have they gotten slightly worse as mine have for 20 years?

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Noload said:
    Let's go the opposite direction.  Eliminate GA, seniority based floor seating with some lottery rows.  I was told GA is dangerous and so is camping out in large US cities.   =)
    Agreed.  Plus it's the same people up front every show in GA.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • jpgoegel said:
    hrd2imgn said:
    running for political office  =)
    Ok, now that's funny 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    With the exception of Chicago this year, I've never had a problem with my 10c seats. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    I posted this during the last 10c lottery and no one commented in it. I'll copy and paste here...

"I didn't put in for any tickets for this tour because I'm not interested in travelling to shows as much anymore, so this isn't a sour grapes complaint post. But this idea came to me reading the board after the 2020 ticket lottery. I got my 1st and 3rd priority shows in that drawing but many people were saying they didn't get their top priority show. Some people's top priority show was the one I got as my 3rd choice. It seemed a little unfair I was picked for 2 shows while others were missing out on the only show in their town on the tour.

So I thought 10C could do 2 drawings for each tour. The first drawing, you only put in for your 1, single, highest priority show. This would allow more people to get tickets to shows, especially the people that can only go to their hometown show. Then, a second lottery with its own new entries can be held with the remaining tickets where you can put in and prioritize for as many shows as you want. Shows like NYC would be nearly impossible to get after the first drawing but shows like that are nearly impossible to get if not top priority with the current system. Who knows? It might even spread peoples' top choice around and make it easier for locals to get tickets to some of the more popular cities.

I guess this would be less advantageous to the travelling fans that go to a pile of shows every tour, but I think it would allow more individual ticket winners and greatly help out the single-show attendees. Not sure if this would work or if there is something I'm missing. Tell me what you think..."
    JimmyV said:
    With the exception of Chicago this year, I've never had a problem with my 10c seats. 
    My complaint is that they've gotten slightly worse over 20 years. 

• mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    edited September 2023
    Seniority means very little anymore. It started with GA. Seats started moving back but a nice trade off was having ga again especially for those without seniority. But the introduction of PJ premium just completely changed things. That bullshit we were fed that “we scored more 10c tix than ever but in order to do so you may notice your seats not as good as past tours” was just a way of saying we are pushing most everyone back in order to accommodate pj premium seats. Then they slowly release them over time to 1. Create scarcity 2. Don’t let you see just how many great seats were held back for pj premium. I have a 198 number and had 10c tickets to 35 shows and have never had seats anywhere near as far back as this tour. As long as pj premium exist seniority lacks any real meaning. 
    Post edited by mcatake on
  • Interesting to read comment that a 20 year member isn’t getting good seats.  It’s not like $35 a year is a big deal, but the system just doesn’t work.  I’d rather pay $300 for a good side view than than $160 behind the stage or way in the back.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Member since 96’ and my seats have remained straight consistent across many cities. However I only put in for 1-2 shows if that’s even a factor. So a 20 year member, that’s 2003, is getting worse and worse seats? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Soul GloSoul Glo Posts: 8
    edited September 2023
    17 year member here. I have never had an issue with my fan club seats until the United Center show last week. I was in the 300 level at the show. My member number had me in the 100 level at the same venue in 2009. A coworker decided to go to the show last minute and scored seats that were better and cheaper than my fan club seats. 

I’ve never been one to complain about the club. I’m hoping this was a one time thing. 
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    This place would burn if seniority was eliminated. 
    This...
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,407
    Member since 2000..... seats at shows have been consistent lower bowl or floor.

The yearly membership fee is easily worth the cost to me simply so I don't have to waist my time and the frustration with Ticketmaster sales and bots. 

I apply for tickets in two minutes, forget about it, get email letting me know if I'm successful or not and move on with life. 

That 2010 MSG fanclub sale was a pride swallowing, multi hour ordeal that I will never repeat.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    JZ280705 said:

1) I've been wondering that myself.  If they took the extra revenue they gain from platinum and spread it out amongst the other tickets, how much of a price difference does this make? Would it only add $20 or $30 bucks to existing prices?  Might be worth it to stomp out platinum.

2) Yah, that's not going to work.  Even ticketmaster doesn't do first come first serve anymore.   We broke the 10c website in 2011, and there's no going back.  TM mostly does verified fan, with random spot in the queue to manage demand.   I don't think the lotto is going anywhere.  I would like to see them bring back the GA only option, so you don't have 10c'ers putting it, getting seats, then selling them on fan2fan to non 10c'ers.

3) Absolutely

4) Never going to happen.   If they eliminate seniority there is no reason for any of us to need to reup our memberships every year.  Usually there's rumors or a tweet before a tour gets announced, so you'd just sub when there's a tour.   Not sure if you notice, but we sort of support Pearl Jam's whole operation.  The Fan Club isn't only the fan club.  They run the website, their online merch, almost everything, and I'm pretty sure it's funded with the dues.  Seniority goes, and you only need to sub if there's about to be a tour you want to go to.  It would have a big impact to 10c's revenues, and how the operation works.

That's my thoughts.  I don't think the lotto or seniority are going anywhere.. but they could make some tweaks to improve them.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Yeah, I can see some changes getting made, but I don't think they will ever touch the seniority. That's what this whole operation is built on and that's how it's maintained its numbers.
    Like @Zod says we wouldn't pay for a membership if we didn't retain our spot.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Rejoined 10C in 2015.  My reserved seats have generally been in the lower bowl towards the back corners.  Have scored floor seats on a couple occasions (Greenville 16' and Vegas 22').  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • I get people that have seniority not wanting to see that changed.  But what point is there joining now if you’re not going to get decent seats?  I’ve been a member for 8 years (would have been longer if I didn’t quit 15 years ago out of frustration then) and the only ticket I used was Fenway - horrible seat - and sold my other ticket for half.  At this point I only renew in the hope the system will improve, but it only seems to get worse.  For example, the lotto changed from GA to GA/behind stage. Ridiculous. How about doing the lottery  by more options up with market based pricing?  GA, behind stage, 200’s, 300’s, side stage, etc.   
  • BF89905 said:
    That 2010 MSG fanclub sale was a pride swallowing, multi hour ordeal that I will never repeat.
    Can you elaborate on that?