Please give my review a good read.

I went to St. Louis last year, to see Pearl Jam, and came home with COVID.

I went to the Chicago Shows this week, and came home with COVID. 

Ya just can't make this shit up!!!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    Hoping you didn't have to wait in a long line to obtain your covid!

Feel better soon!
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    Hoping you didn't have to wait in a long line to obtain your covid!

Feel better soon!
    For the 1st time in a good decade, I got some merch. But my wife went during the show, took my credit card, and I told her to go nuts. I told her get 1 of everything, I don't care. hahaha 
    I think I have a Hockey Jersey for each day of the week! 
    So, no, I never ever waited in any kind of line. 

I hope my triple bypass ass doesn't end up on a ventilator. 

Wow, that's a hell of a statement. 
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    edited September 2023
    And Im only having fun....We didn't purchase everything in sight. 

We each got a Hockey Jersey, I bought another for a friend, and I have 1 cartoon shirt that doesn't fit. 
  • I have contacted every single person I was in contact with. And like St. Louis, I hope none of them get sick. 
    I cant believe this happened again. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    edited September 2023
    I popped for COVID a few days after St Paul night 2. I’ll pin the blame on the person in the row behind me who was sneezing and screaming all show long. Even told myself, “This bastard is going to give me COVID…” Great show though.

My wife tested positive today. She told me that she had tolerated the PJ obsession, but no more. I played Binaural during dinner tonight out of spite! 

I’ll go out on a limb and guess there’ll be more than a few folks going home from these shows with this “souvenir.”
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited September 2023
    Landed back in Boston from St. Paul on Sunday afternoon, COVID symptoms started that night. Real sick by Monday evening. On the other side of it now but still testing positive. My first confirmed case. Suuuuucks. 

Hope you are all on the mend soon. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    My wife and I came back from Nashville/St Louis last year with Covid. It was like a light cold. Nothing like the first time I had covid in 2020.

For now - we came back fine from St. Paul. And honestly, I didn't realize people were still testing for covid when they got they got sick.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Tested positive yesterday. Shit is starting to come back where I live. Fully vaxxed/boosted and this one hit me harder. Fucking body pain like the worst all day yesterday. Thankfully today much much better, hope you’re on the mend Speedy. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Thank you for the reality check 
  • Goofs from my previous post aside, I hope everyone gets on the mend.

I ran a fever around 102 for 2 1/2 days. Over that, now I just have a headache and flat out tired. Not a lot of fun. 

Stay healthy out there!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    Where's the review?
    I miss igotid88
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    edited September 2023
    I got covid a couple  days ago and didn't go to a show. Bummer. 1st time so out ran it a while. Covid seems to be everywhere again round here.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Kids back in school is always a virus spreader. But we’re past lethal stage I think. I’m 3 shots deep and it’s just about time for annual flu shot+ Covid booster again. This is just life now. 
    1996-09.22; 1998-06.14,07.02,07.13,07.14,08.17,08.18; 2000-08.18,08.20,10.11,10.27,10.28; 2003-04.23,04.26,06.18,06.19,06.22; 2004-10.02,10.03,10.05; 2006-05.16,05.17,05.19,05.20,06.23,06.24; 2007-08.05; 2009-08.23,08.24,09.28,10.31; 2010-05.06,05.07; 2011-09.03,09.04; 2013-07.19; 2014-10.01; 2016-04.26,08.20,08.22; 2018-08.18, 08.20; 2022-09.17; 2023-09.05, 09.07; 2024-08.26
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    I went to St. Louis last year, to see Pearl Jam, and came home with COVID.

I went to the Chicago Shows this week, and came home with COVID. 

Ya just can't make this shit up!!!
    The good news is you saw the shows. The bad news is your immunity is 💩 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,407
    edited September 2023
    Stay safe everyone..... best wishes to the original poster and others impacted for sound recoveries.......N95 masks work..... your loved ones and friends need more we than me social approaches and policies. 
    Post edited by BF89905 on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,150
    Sarava said:
    My wife and I came back from Nashville/St Louis last year with Covid. It was like a light cold. Nothing like the first time I had covid in 2020.

For now - we came back fine from St. Paul. And honestly, I didn't realize people were still testing for covid when they got they got sick.
    You can't go around telling everyone about it if you don't confirm it in the bathroom lab
  • Stay safe all, and SPEEDY RECOVERY!!
    ... I got some merch. But my wife went during the show, took my credit card, and I told her to go nuts. I told her get 1 of everything, I don't care. hahaha... I think I have a Hockey Jersey for each day of the week! 

My son once went to a Red Sox game, with his brother and cousins as box seat guests of one of the most financially wealthiest persons by any standards - an “acquaintance” of my sister (Little shits all of them for getting the invite - I was in Chicago).

The group of them were told they had 5 minutes to pick out any one thing in the gift shop.,,, My son took off and was gone. The others all stayed in a group, calmly selecting a cute stuffed Wally...., a hat, ....

My son returns at the 4:59 mark with a member of the Red Sox staff - the item he has selected is David Ortiz’s bat, enshrined behind glass in a locked case.

The verification requested by the attendant was more like “cute little kid, nice try…” but the answer, is:
     “Yes, I/he said he/I could get anything he/I wanted”

While technically true, its an answer that only make sense to two people in existence - my son and money bags - and together they agree on a ~$1,000 gift shop purchase

Stay safe all, and SPEEDY RECOVERY!!