Time For A Proper Canadian Tour (like 2005/2011)

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,539
    demetrios said:

JimmyV said:
    Fact...Canada is one of the best places to see this band. 

Fuckin' eh!

Such a surreal experience, so glad I won tickets to that show :)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763

• SpunkieSpunkie Posts: 6,499
    Man, that lake looks prettier than I remember it, photographing fish on their last legs three decades ago!
  • MikeDigsMikeDigs Posts: 1,248
    I would love to see a Calgary show and visit Banff National Park

Ed played here. Someday Pearl Jam will ...

demetrios said:

Home sweet home - did I ever spend a lot of time in that neck of the woods! (aA headquarters steps away.)

I like your picture of Toronto Massey Hall, too. Neat photos to promote Canada, D! Thank you!
  • MikeDigsMikeDigs Posts: 1,248
    edited October 8
    PJ35 / Pearl Jam Week near Banff National Park :prayer::rock_on:
    I think Calgary makes the most sense for this kind of show.

The glacial lakes in Banff are stunning.
    Peyto Lake...

demetrios said:

What venue is that?

Also if PJ play it, it probably means they're on the decline. Hopefully it's not for a long while :)

• qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 784
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

What venue is that?

Also if PJ play it, it probably means they're on the decline. Hopefully it's not for a long while :)

Massey Hall. If they ever play Massey Hall, I will walk down the centre aisle during the first song and do an Irish jig in front of the stage!
    Sadly I think the next time they do a show in Toronto, they will probably play Rogers Stadium, which has not been built yet.

Spunkie said:
    demetrios said:

Home sweet home - did I ever spend a lot of time in that neck of the woods! (aA headquarters steps away.)

I like your picture of Toronto Massey Hall, too. Neat photos to promote Canada, D! Thank you!

Of course! We gotta bring Pearl Jam BACK to the Great White North.
  • Imagine if they did Benny 2 at Massey. That would be incredible. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited October 10
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

What venue is that?

Massey Hall. If they ever play Massey Hall, I will walk down the centre aisle during the first song and do an Irish jig in front of the stage!
    Sadly I think the next time they do a show in Toronto, they will probably play Rogers Stadium, which has not been built yet.

I've heard of Massey Hall, but never seen it.  That looks like an amazing venue.   I also had no idea Rogers Stadium hadn't been built there.  Was almost tempted to go to Toronto see Oasis next summer, might be regretting not getting tickets.  They're going to build a whole stadium in the next 10 months?

• HaijayHaijay Posts: 383
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:

What venue is that?

I've heard of Massey Hall, but never seen it.  That looks like an amazing venue.   I also had no idea Rogers Stadium hadn't been built there.  Was almost tempted to go to Toronto see Oasis next summer, might be regretting not getting tickets.  They're going to build a whole stadium in the next 10 months?
    Its basically some vendor areas and stands on the sides of a big open field. Wont take long at all

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,913
    The trek to Vancouver this year for both shows was enjoyable. The weather was perfect and the city was very welcoming to explore and enjoy. 

Who could have known about Got To Give!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • southpsouthp Posts: 295
    No Montreal since 2011. We are long overdue. 
    It is strange. I mean, how many times have they been right there and no show? 
      Shows in 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, then nothing. Weird
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,913
    Haijay said:
    It is strange. I mean, how many times have they been right there and no show? 
      Shows in 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, then nothing. Weird
    Once the venue in Quebec City opened they began paying a premium for acts to book.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    Hmmmmmm, too bad. I heard those Montreal shows were always loud loud loud. 

• rummyrummy Posts: 4,437
    southp said:
    No Montreal since 2011. We are long overdue. 
    i'm surprised it's been skipped but I guess them playing in both Quebec City and Ottawa in 2016 and 2022 is a nice compromise?

• jefftjefft Posts: 658
    A Calgary date around the stampede would be amazing.  
    edited October 16

"Come Back" to BC (Salmon and PJ)! 
    https://columbiariversalmon.ca
    Post edited by Spunkie on

Since Vancouver was covered last year, maybe it's time to come back to Victoria.   They haven't played here since 1992, a show here would be amazing.