Options

*** St Paul, MN 2 Fanviews Here 9/2/23 ***

Comments

• Options
    VoncasterVoncaster Posts: 29
    edited September 2023
    I was in GA for night 1 and floor reserved seating for night 2.

I liked night 1 better. Ignoring where I was seated, I think I like the night 1 setlist more. From Ten, I like Why Go and Black more than Once and Jeremy. I also liked the number of Vs songs from night 1.

That said I enjoyed night 2. Anytime I can see Pearl Jam its a treat. I think this is the first concert where I've heard Once, which was very fun. McCready's solo (on Evenflow IIRC) with the guitar behind him was also a highlight. Purple Rain was definitely something that I was not expecting.

Was Jeff's shirt for Duluth's Low? If so, that was a nice touch.

I thought the band sounded great and energized both nights.

The lighting looked phenomenal both nights.

Post edited by Voncaster on
    2023-09-02 St. Paul, MN
    2023-08-31 St. Paul, MN
    2018-08-08 Seattle, WA
    2016-08-20 Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2014-10-19 St.Paul, MN
    2010-05-03 Kansas City, MO
    2009-08-24 Chicago, IL
    2008-06-25 New York, NY
    2007-08-05 Chicago, IL
    2006-06-26 St. Paul, MN
    2003-06-16 St. Paul, MN
    2000-08-10 East Troy, WI - The Ice Bowl
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis, MN
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    Wasn't "Unthought Known" also the song that was chosen off the request list that Ed handed to people at the front of the pit in Inglewood (L.A.) last year?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    4th PJ show. Wasn’t at night 1. LOVED the show!! The crowd brought this show to the next level, it was an unreal experience. Everyone in the band sounded amazing. Setlist I thought was spectacular.

This pic is from when the crowd held up their flashlights before Ed returned to the stage to play Won’t Back Down. Super special moment, it was awesome.
    ~It's funny how things change so much, it's all state of mind~

October 1, Ohana Encore 2021
    October 2, Ohana Encore 2021
    May 9, Phoenix AZ 2022
    September 2, St. Paul MN 2023

• Options
    Colaresi said:
    I loved it. Eddie sounded great, the band was in synch and I felt the emotions in almost every song. Joy, frustration, regret, exuberance, in turn. I love Prince and Purple Rain so I thought that was a great closer. In Hiding was fantastic and Last Exit and Whoever Said were highlights for me.
    Wow, it looks like you were right next to me.
    I was 101, row 5, on the aisle.  You?

• Options
    Yessss!!
    Another Incredible PJ Night
    FnEh!!

• Options
    Yessss!!
    FnEh!!

Holy hell, what kind of camera did you use?
  • Options
    Yessss!!
    FnEh!!

No kidding, what camera? Great shots 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    What a show! I thought N1 was good, but N2 blew it away. The band was on fire from start to finish. I’ve had some great times at PJ shows before, but this was honestly the most fun I’ve ever had at a PJ show. I was on the rail directly in front of Stone. The energy in the pit was out of this world. And Stone was probably the most animated I’ve ever seen him. That was one of the best main sets I’ve seen in a long time (the only main set in recent history that I think might have better was Camden). Off he goes is one of my all-times favorites, so it was great getting to see it from so close up. Mike’s guitar on NAIS was incendiary. Other highlights for me were last exit, brain damage into I am mine, severed hand, and in hiding. And although the encore was hit-heavy, they rocked the hell out of them and the crowd was wild. Such an incredible night! Plus I got a stone pic!

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    steven87 said:
    What a show! I thought N1 was good, but N2 blew it away. The band was on fire from start to finish. I’ve had some great times at PJ shows before, but this was honestly the most fun I’ve ever had at a PJ show. I was on the rail directly in front of Stone. The energy in the pit was out of this world. And Stone was probably the most animated I’ve ever seen him. That was one of the best main sets I’ve seen in a long time (the only main set in recent history that I think might have better was Camden). Off he goes is one of my all-times favorites, so it was great getting to see it from so close up. Mike’s guitar on NAIS was incendiary. Other highlights for me were last exit, brain damage into I am mine, severed hand, and in hiding. And although the encore was hit-heavy, they rocked the hell out of them and the crowd was wild. Such an incredible night! Plus I got a stone pic!

Hey Steven, so nice hanging out with you. I saw Stone hand you that pick - lucky. You did what I did - Mike's side night one, Stone's night two. But no Stone pick for me. Hope to hang out again soon.

• Options
    Voncaster said:

Was Jeff's shirt for Duluth's Low? If so, that was a nice touch.

Yes, that was a Low tshirt. I am sure a shout out with the recent passing of Mimi Parker.
  • Options
    Colaresi said:
    I loved it. Eddie sounded great, the band was in synch and I felt the emotions in almost every song. Joy, frustration, regret, exuberance, in turn. I love Prince and Purple Rain so I thought that was a great closer. In Hiding was fantastic and Last Exit and Whoever Said were highlights for me.
    Wow, it looks like you were right next to me.
    I was 101, row 5, on the aisle.  You?

Yeah I was 101 row 3 “window” seat; it was incredible. Sorry I did not get a chance to meet you. It was only my 3rd PJ show and first in 20 years, for various life reasons. I will make sure I get back to another one (or 4) as soon as I can. Great picture by the way!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    What a night! First show in 5 years did not disappoint. Crowd was on fire the whole night. Ended up with much better seats after a fellow10c member offered to trade his other pair so his whole family could sit together. Closest I’ve ever been for a PJ show. Can’t wait for 2 more in Chicago this week!

• Options
    Yessss!!
    FnEh!!

No kidding, what camera? Great shots 
    Thx. 

Sony point & shoot, fits in a pocket if needed. 

Sony - Cyber-shot RX100 VII

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    steven87 said:

The elusive stone hand-off. Way to go!!
  • Options
    Rare
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    Blew night 1 out of the water. Way better show. Had great flow, crowd was amped and the band sounded great. The main set was on fire. My first Nothing as it Seems!!!

Highlights:  NAITS, Pendulum, Severed Hand, Last Exit, In Hiding, Got Some

Night two reeled me back in!  Can’t wait for Indy next weekend. 
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,747
    URthekey said:

Eddie in the Air Jordan 10. 🔥 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    Great first set. 

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    PJammin' said:
    URthekey said:

Eddie in the Air Jordan 10. 🔥 
    Underrated Jordan Silhouette. 
  • Options
    URthekey said:
    Loved hearing Severed Hand again and that Brain Damage into I am Mine was next level. Loads of energy in the crowd & the band was on fire!
    Met some great people in MN this weekend, from all over the world!
    Some pics from my view 3 deep in front of Ed:

^^^^^^ check out his feet and how 
               he's on-the-edge there !  Great goodies
             great capture!  Thanks!
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 260
    My 27th and 28th shows.  Both were fantastic, but I'd give a slight edge to night 2 as I just feel In Hiding and Last Exit immediately make any setlist pop.  So glad I made the trip to Minnesota!
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    edited September 2023
    Got some cool photos from N2. I was on Stone’s side this time. In Hiding was a treat for me. First time seeing it live. It almost made up for for Undone remaining undone  I had a blast! 

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Got some cool photos from N2. I was on Stone’s side this time. In Hiding was a treat for me. First time seeing it live. It almost made up for for Undone remaining undone  I had a blast! 

Love these!
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,121
    Show was on fire and caught two picks from Mike! Thanks to @aisleseats for the drop! Finally got NAIS. Always great to hear In Hiding. I Am Mine was great and Severed Hand a nice surprise. Lots of energy from the band. It was clear that they were on a mission to tear it up last night. 
    So happy for you! Glad I could help.
    I had a blast also. I was sitting next to Jill. We became fast friends. She's actually incredibly sweet and kind.
  • Options
    Brothe2000Brothe2000 Minneapolis Posts: 2

• Options
    Brothe2000Brothe2000 Minneapolis Posts: 2

• Options
    NEweather said:
    URthekey said:
    Loved hearing Severed Hand again and that Brain Damage into I am Mine was next level. Loads of energy in the crowd & the band was on fire!
    Met some great people in MN this weekend, from all over the world!
    Some pics from my view 3 deep in front of Ed:

^^^^^^ check out his feet and how 
               he's on-the-edge there !  Great goodies
             great capture!  Thanks!
    Hanging 10!!

great pics!

🌊
  • Options
    Great show, packed house for n2!!

buddies and I were in GA on Mikes side about 7 rows back! Great energy, good vibes from all that were around. 

The first set Off he goes, NAIS, daughter, , then the 3 string bangers of Evolution, Last Exit, ONCE was crazyyy! I was sweaty and blood pumping after those 3! I am mine was awesome.

In Hiding is what I told everyone pre-show I wanted to hear. I was going nuts! 

IN HIDING - CORDUROY - PORCH omg

Thank you StPaul!!! Checked MN off the list 

• Options
    Blew night 1 out of the water. Way better show. Had great flow, crowd was amped and the band sounded great. The main set was on fire. My first Nothing as it Seems!!!

Highlights:  NAITS, Pendulum, Severed Hand, Last Exit, In Hiding, Got Some

Night two reeled me back in!  Can’t wait for Indy next weekend. 
    I really enjoyed both nights.  Night 2 I was in a great spot in GA and it did have a bit of a different feel.  Unsure if it was because I was in GA or something else.  Whatever that feel was made it just a bit better than N1.  And while I loved them both, I did enjoy the setlist N2 a little bit more playing some songs I wanted to hear. 

I actually enjoyed N1 seated set a decent bit more than N2, but I preferred the main set N2 quite a bit more and then the encore N2 a little more. Regardless, both still amazing shows for me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Mikey DMikey D Waltham, MA Posts: 9
    My first visit to Minnesota and it didn't disappoint.  Flew in Saturday and left yesterday and was able to make it a weekend of it with my wife and youngest son.  

Highlight for me was Brain Damage into I am Mine.  Loved Purple Rain - I really was expecting it after not on the setlist N1 and the location.  They crushed it and it was good to hear something different than Baba or RITFW.  My wife's favorite song is Unthought Known, so the added request made her happy.

Met someone who I've known online for over 20 years on another forum, but never met in person.  It was good to hang out with him and his friends & family prior to the show.  Had fun just shooting the shit.

Enjoyed meeting other fans during and after the show over the weekend.  Seemed like a lot of out of towners stayed at the MoA.  Good thing, because it was hot as hell over the weekend.  You Minnesotans will probably be shoveling snow soon.  Sorry for that.

If anyone has the pdf of the setlist, please PM it to me.