Please Help Me Understand *****Update Thank you United Center and 10 Club!*****

StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
edited August 2023 in The Porch
Hey guys!
I hope you are doing well! I am slowly recovering from my surgery, but I had to bail on MN Tickets due to doctor's orders. I am still holding hope that I will be able to go to the CHI shows. My tickets are in the 300 level and in the middle row, which can be an issue when I have to have my leg out straight due to the brace. I am worried about going up to the 300 level, being in the row's middle seats, and having people going up and down and possibly ramming into me. I reached out to Ticketmaster, and they told me they could not exchange these tickets as they were issued by Tickets Today (same company, mind you). Tickets Today said there is no inventory left, so they can not issue a refund or exchange. I see on Ticketmaster's website seats behind the stage that are much more accommodating and on an aisle for me to stick my leg out, and I am willing to take those, but no one can help me out or make accommodations. I reached out to the United Center, and they cannot help either. I can not help that I needed this surgery and purchased tickets before I knew I had to have the surgery. Don’t get me wrong I am appreciative of the 10 Club Tickets and love this community and this band! I just feel stuck and I am not sure what else to do...   
Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
Post edited by StardogChamp79 on

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Guest services at the United Center couldn't help? I bet if you do go and find their office on the night of the show, something can be done. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    Guest services at the United Center couldn't help? I bet if you do go and find their office on the night of the show, something can be done. 
    They told me I could go to ADA on the 300 level, which does not help my situation going up to the 300 level. 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • JimmyV said:
    They told me I could go to ADA on the 300 level, which does not help my situation going up to the 300 level. 
    Plenty of elevators at the UC. I believe around the bar areas there’s lots of room.
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    edited August 2023
    JimmyV said:
    Plenty of elevators at the UC. I believe around the bar areas there’s lots of room.
    Thank you @elvistheking44. I just worry about other people ramming into me and being stuck in the middle with nowhere to go with me and the crutches and nowhere for the leg to go. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    JimmyV said:
    Thank you @elvistheking44. I just worry about other people ramming into me and being stuck in the middle with nowhere to go with me and the crutches and nowhere for the leg to go. 

I m currently on crutches and I m just thinking to myself, that s quite a distance to go with or without an elevator.  Can you go that far on crutches? I mean the entire experience would require you to go from  car to venue to seat and then back.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Right. This is why I am concerned. I am going to try my best to make a go of it. My kids really want to see this band with their dad!
    edited August 2023
    Good luck man.  I cancelled my trip to msp because I ruptured my Achilles and required surgery two weeks ago. I m non weight bearing for the next four weeks (six total). No way I could do a concert on crutches.  This is the first tour I ve missed since my first show in 1996.   
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Good luck man.  I cancelled my trip to msp because I ruptured my Achilles and required surgery two weeks ago. I m non weight bearing for the next four weeks (six total). No way I could do a concert on crutches.  This is the first tour I ve missed since my first show in 1996.   
    Oh man! That is a tough one too man! My buddy had that and it is no joke! I hope you have a speedy recovery and hopefully they tour next year and you are able to get out there again!
    Thanks bud and right back at ya.  Getting old
    sucks.  
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    It really doesn't make much sense to buy unknown fan club tickets anymore, from any band.  All bands are now locked into LN/TM Platinums, and apparently also LN/TM holding back a ton of great face value tickets (to maybe show false scarcity to try and unload the $$$ Platinums).  But we're now 3+ years into this and most shows (other than Taylor Swift) still have tons of great face value tickets released a few days before the show.

The best ticket buying strategy now is to wait to buy until week/day of show
  • dmbolp said:
    It really doesn't make much sense to buy unknown fan club tickets anymore, from any band.  All bands are now locked into LN/TM Platinums, and apparently also LN/TM holding back a ton of great face value tickets (to maybe show false scarcity to try and unload the $$$ Platinums).  But we're now 3+ years into this and most shows (other than Taylor Swift) still have tons of great face value tickets released a few days before the show.

I understand your point. I am just stuck with Fan Club Seats that I am unable to sit in due to my medical condition at the moment. If I wasn’t like this my argument would be irrelevant and I would be fine where I am but I am stuck in a predicament due to not having a whole lot of room for my leg and still wanting to attend the show but putting myself at risk. I know it’s my choice and I don’t have to go but…
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,151
    dmbolp said:

I understand your point. I am just stuck with Fan Club Seats that I am unable to sit in due to my medical condition at the moment. If I wasn’t like this my argument would be irrelevant and I would be fine where I am but I am stuck in a predicament due to not having a whole lot of room for my leg and still wanting to attend the show but putting myself at risk. I know it’s my choice and I don’t have to go but…
    Would an aisle seat work better? You could find someone around you to switch. Especially if they're a couple rows behind you.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    Best of luck and you McGruff. Injury and health are a motherfucker . We are old 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Thanks Rob! 
  • When you arrive, you should go to the nearest box office/guest services window and tell them the situation. Venues need to, and do, comply with ADA. They will have a spot for you. Don't schlep up to the 300 level first. Good luck, and I hope you have an amazing night with your kids!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    Wheelchair or scooter it.

In the parking lots you can park in HC, they usually accommodate you.  They usually have buggies to give you rides too.  Well at least out here in NY they do.
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    edited August 2023
    Quick update The United Center called, and they are making arrangements for me! I am grateful that I will still be able to attend these shows! My kiddos are ecstatic that they are going to their first shows with their Dad. Thank you again to the Ten Club for getting me into the building and the United Center for being so accommodating. Also, thank you to this community for all the support and well wishes! I believe in miracles! I hope everyone has a good show, gets all the merch they want, and hears all the songs they are requesting! Let's have a good tour and enjoy it while we can! 
    Quick update The United Center called, and they are making arrangements for me! I am grateful that I will still be able to attend these shows! My kiddos are ecstatic that they are going to their first shows with their Dad. Thank you again to the Ten Club for getting me into the building and the United Center for being so accommodating. Also, thank you to this community for all the support and well wishes! I believe in miracles! I hope everyone has a good show, gets all the merch they want, and hears all the songs they are requesting! Let's have a good tour and enjoy it while we can! 
    Glad to hear this! Enjoy!

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,429
    sweet!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Great news.
    edited August 2023
    Great news! Be safe bud.  Please get me a few guitar pics if you end up sitting on the stage.  ;)
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Im going to yell STARDOG at everyone in Chicago with a limp.
    RS65573 said:
    Im going to yell STARDOG at everyone in Chicago with a limp.
    This is the best idea ever. 

• Ugh! I would settle for a limp right now. It's a full leg brace and crutches still for me! Just happy to be there! I missed going to PJ shows!