whos your fave players tone?

2»

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    i know man.

i saw him on the hurricane relief too (as the trio).

he's great when he wants to be..

I saw him last year, pre-Trio, with Maroon 5 and he was damn good then. I so wanted to check him out with the Trio in NYC, but tickets sold out in like 5 minutes. Next time.

The pop songs do kind of ruin his cred, but he's obviously trying to move beyond that image, which is cool.
  • moster78 wrote:
    I saw him last year, pre-Trio, with Maroon 5 and he was damn good then. I so wanted to check him out with the Trio in NYC, but tickets sold out in like 5 minutes. Next time.

The pop songs do kind of ruin his cred, but he's obviously trying to move beyond that image, which is cool.
    he did a terrific cover of "Kid A" by Radiohead.

i wasn't sure it was okay to like it though..

If Hitler made the most amazing chocolate chip cookies in the world.. would it be okay to eat them? (although that example may be a bit harsh ;) )
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    If Hitler made the most amazing chocolate chip cookies in the world.. would it be okay to eat them? (although that example may be a bit harsh ;) )

Yeah, that is a bit harsh. =)
  • I was always partial to, in the most annoying, but good, tone category, Ian Mackaye, Fugazi, especially

I love that tone too. Him and Guy do so much with just amp and guitar.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    moster78 wrote:

That NYC show at the Beacon was awesome. Actually, one of my favorite times seeing him (I've seen him a ton b/c we've been friends since we were like 11 years old). I really like the Trio....it's a damn cool concept.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

chimpat wrote:
    That NYC show at the Beacon was awesome. Actually, one of my favorite times seeing him (I've seen him a ton b/c we've been friends since we were like 11 years old). I really like the Trio....it's a damn cool concept.

Hopefully he'll keep touring with the Trio as I definitely want to check it out before he goes back to his usual band. Or, maybe he may never go back!
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    moster78 wrote:
    Hopefully he'll keep touring with the Trio as I definitely want to check it out before he goes back to his usual band. Or, maybe he may never go back!

Well, I can tell you that he's been having a lot of fun with it. He's back in NYC right now recording an album with the trio and he plans on playing more shows this year. He was telling me about a mini tour in San Fran he'll be doing right around New Years.....the JM3 and Phil Lesh. Should be pretty cool.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

chimpat wrote:
    Well, I can tell you that he's been having a lot of fun with it. He's back in NYC right now recording an album with the trio and he plans on playing more shows this year. He was telling me about a mini tour in San Fran he'll be doing right around New Years.....the JM3 and Phil Lesh. Should be pretty cool.

Yeah I saw that, being that I'm on the East Coast, going to San Fran just isn't in the cards right now. Next time he plays NYC I'm definitely going to try to get tickets.
  • chimpat wrote:
    he was telling you...?

palling it up with old mayer are you..?

if you are, tell him to denounce his pop songs so we can openly enjoy his good music ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    he was telling you...?

palling it up with old mayer are you..?

if you are, tell him to denounce his pop songs so we can openly enjoy his good music ;)

+1
    Amen to that
    Mayer is the perfect example of wasted talent IMO.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board

Ah, I openly enjoy his music. Yeah, some of the pop is weak, but the rest is decent. Besides, the pop stuff earns points with the ladies. A couple of chords from Daughters can work wonders.