Options

F2F Confusion

LShanahanLShanahan Texas Posts: 9
I would like to give (ideally F2F) my Austin tickets to my sister. She is not officially a Ten Club member though. First question, can we F2F in Texas and how?  Second question, who is eligible to be a "Fan"?  Or what is the best way to give her my tickets? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    Your best bet is to just give her your TM login. You can't transfer her the tickets, so you would have to put them up for sale and have her buy them immediately. Unfortunately, there's so many people watching the F2F marketplace that there's a chance the tickets would get bought before she could.
  • Options
    So giving her my TM login aside, the only way to "unload" them is to sell through Ticketmaster?  But anyone can buy them if so, right?  How is that F2F?  And, as mentioned, she is not a Ten Club member but it sounds like that wouldn't matter anyway?  
  • Options
    Anyone could buy them on F2F, 10c member or not as they are technically not transferable. You could try to time a ticket drop with your sister at a time with potentially less traffic to maximize the chance of her getting them.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,863
    Give them your login 

Problem solved 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 646
    Log into your TM account on her phone. Put the tix in her phone wallet. Log back out. All set.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    LShanahan said:
    So giving her my TM login aside, the only way to "unload" them is to sell through Ticketmaster?  But anyone can buy them if so, right?  How is that F2F?  And, as mentioned, she is not a Ten Club member but it sounds like that wouldn't matter anyway?  
    It's "Fan 2 Fan" not "Family 2 Family" :)
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,313
    LShanahan said:
    I would like to give (ideally F2F) my Austin tickets to my sister. She is not officially a Ten Club member though. First question, can we F2F in Texas and how?  Second question, who is eligible to be a "Fan"?  Or what is the best way to give her my tickets? 
    I am sorry.  You cannot do this. You will have to give your Austin tickets to me.

jk

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    LShanahan said:
    I am sorry.  You cannot do this. You will have to give your Austin tickets to me.

jk

Fan2RatherStarved 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,311
    F2F is shorthand for the "Fan-to-Fan Face-Value Ticket Exchange." The F2F part of that simply means that one fan is giving another fan the opportunity to purchase the tickets for face value. There's no mechanism to "give" or transfer the tickets to a fan of your choice. But the methods mentioned above will work for that 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    you don't need to give anyone your TM login.  You can download tickets from TM to the wallet on your phone (like Google Wallet).  All you need to do is log into your TM account on your sisters phone and download them to the devices wallet. Once that's done I don't think you need to log into TM again.

Fan2Fan is supposed to be to random fans.  If you could choose who the tickets went to, there's nothing stopping you from asking someone to send you extra money or compensation outside of the portal for you to send them those tickets.   It needs randomness to work, or it's no different then making tickets transferrable.  It's not perfect, you can arrange a middle of night time, post them and have your sister try to get them as soon as they show up, but overall I think the randomness is important if you want to combat scalping.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,863
    Zod said:
    you don't need to give anyone your TM login.  You can download tickets from TM to the wallet on your phone (like Google Wallet).  All you need to do is log into your TM account on your sisters phone and download them to the devices wallet. Once that's done I don't think you need to log into TM again.

Fan2Fan is supposed to be to random fans.  If you could choose who the tickets went to, there's nothing stopping you from asking someone to send you extra money or compensation outside of the portal for you to send them those tickets.   It needs randomness to work, or it's no different then making tickets transferrable.  It's not perfect, you can arrange a middle of night time, post them and have your sister try to get them as soon as they show up, but overall I think the randomness is important if you want to combat scalping.
    The wallet does not always work for every show. I just had issues with it at GNR and had to use the TM app to get in. I think it was the scanners fault but still if I did not have the login I was not getting into the show. Maybe thats rare I am not sure. 

If it was my sister I would not want them to have issues the day of the concert. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:

The wallet does not always work for every show. I just had issues with it at GNR and had to use the TM app to get in. I think it was the scanners fault but still if I did not have the login I was not getting into the show. Maybe thats rare I am not sure. 

If it was my sister I would not want them to have issues the day of the concert. 
    oh crazy.  I've never had problems with Google Wallet.  Seems to work fine (as long as it has internet).
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,313
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:

oh crazy.  I've never had problems with Google Wallet.  Seems to work fine (as long as it has internet).
    I have also experienced it failing.  They don’t always have the right reader at every entrance.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. Curious to know if I end up selling them F2F, are there extra TM fees for me or for the recipient? 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,163
    LShanahan said:
    Thanks for the advice. Curious to know if I end up selling them F2F, are there extra TM fees for me or for the recipient? 
    If you're the original purchaser, and it's the first time they're being listed, you'll get back exactly what you paid. If you bought them on F2F, and they've already been resold before, you'll end up taking a $3-$6 loss (depending on which show). But if you used a cc that offers 5% cash back, it more than makes up for it. ;)