Is Josh still in the band?

StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
edited August 2023 in The Porch
With this upcoming tour I was wondering if Josh Klinghoffer was still providing assistance to the band? I haven’t heard much this tour. But always appreciated his additions!
Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
Post edited by StardogChamp79 on

Comments

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    PJ radio had a voiceover with the band all saying, "this is......."  both Boom and Josh had their voices on it with the big 4
  • hrd2imgn said:
    PJ radio had a voiceover with the band all saying, "this is......."  both Boom and Josh had their voices on it with the big 4
    Big 5?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,155
    Someone posted recently they met Josh at a diner in LA? (Not 100% sure of location) and he mentioned a few things about the new album (not disclosed by the OP) therefore he has been in the studio with the band recording. I’d say more as a session musician and live musician as opposed to having writing credits. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,040
    We'll find out in < 3 weeks. 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    He is going to be playing the upcoming shows.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    Yep.

BF25394 said:
    Last night, I stopped in to grab a quick bite at a local establishment in the L.A. area, when I noticed a very familiar figure seated a few seats away from me at the counter. It was Josh. I don't usually bother celebrities when I encounter them in the wild, especially when they are with other people (and he was with someone), but this was obviously going to have to be an exception. We ended up chatting for close to fifteen minutes. He could not have been more friendly or welcoming. Out of respect for his and the band's privacy, I don't want to get into details about anything that we talked about (or where I ran into him), but I will say that he did tell me that he plays on the new album a little bit.

I let him be, went back to my seat and ate my food. When I asked for the check, the server told me that someone had already picked it up.