8 - Aerosmith
    9 - The Killers
    10 - REM

Underrated:
    Goo Goo Dolls
    Smithereens
    Shinedown
    Bob Segar & the Silver Bullet Band

Agreed, Seger often gets over-looked.   I remember reading once that Bob Seger and Ted Nugent  shared a bill and between sets Nugent told Seger to "shit or get off the pot".  Much as I don't care for ol' shot-gun Ted, apparently that really fired up Bob and he really stepped up his game.  Seger has done dome great work.

I grew up in Michigan and I have no idea why Ted Nugent ever would be more popular than Bob Seger. I don't care much for either of them, but Seger has the larger, better catalog, I'd argue.

I totally agree.   The weird thing to me about Nugent though is that some of his early work with The Amboy Dukes is excellent.  Their LP Migration from 1969, for example.  I found a copy of that LP in a thrift store for something like $1.79, so out of curiosity I bought it, took it home, cleaned it, and put it on the turn table and was like, WTF? this is great stuff! 
    Nugent never got into drugs.  Maybe he is one of those odd cases for whom heavy drugs might have actually helped him.  I don't know what his trip is, but he traded in a very creative, potentially brilliant career for a life of schlock rock, bullshit politics and a blood thirst for killing animals.  So strange.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.