Options

RIP Paul Reubens AKA Pee Wee Herman

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    Yeah I didn't realize that either. I always think of him in Nice Dreams whenever I hear his name.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Really sad day.

His heart was filled with good humor and kindness.  I am a fan and didn't know he was ill either.  

Do your adult-self a favor.  Get together with some friends, smoke a joint, and watch Pee Wee's Big Adventure.  It is a masterpiece.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

put the flags at half mast ....

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    MayDay10 said:
    Really sad day.

His heart was filled with good humor and kindness.  I am a fan and didn't know he was ill either.  

Do your adult-self a favor.  Get together with some friends, smoke a joint, and watch Pee Wee's Big Adventure.  It is a masterpiece.
    Watch Pee Wees TV show, the OG and see all the people that were on it like Laurence Fishburne!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    MayDay10 said:
    Really sad day.

Watch Pee Wees TV show, the OG and see all the people that were on it like Laurence Fishburne!
    Phil Hartman too

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    I watched his show, Pee Wee's Big Adventure dozens of times as a kid

even big top pee wee, he will be missed

He was great in BLOW

RIP PAUL
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Always will remember Cheech & Chong guy yhe most.
    Classic role
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    Yeah I didn't realize that either. I always think of him in Nice Dreams whenever I hear his name.
    Same.. I'm sorry.......I'm not sorry.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Always will remember Cheech & Chong guy yhe most.
    Classic role
    "It's LIZARD MAN!!!!!!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Very sad to know he was battling cancer for so long. I've always felt so bad for Reubens - He didn't deserve the treatment he got for what he did.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Very sad to know he was battling cancer for so long. I've always felt so bad for Reubens - He didn't deserve the treatment he got for what he did.
    He went on MTV shortly after that and poked fun at himself and owned it.  He still had work after.  He didn't get cancelled.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    PJ_Soul said:
    He went on MTV shortly after that and poked fun at himself and owned it.  He still had work after.  He didn't get cancelled.

I disagree. His career was ruined by it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, that matches my recollection... he never regained the popularity or success he had before the incident. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I thought everyone moved on.  he was in Blow, Mystery Men shortly after the incident.  Tons of parts in shows and movies. I always saw him in things.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Sad news RIP.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Saw the news this morning and am saddened by the loss.  Reubens was so funny and amazing as Pee Wee Herman.  I just loved that show.
    R.I.P. Paul Reubens.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Same.. I'm sorry.......I'm not sorry.
    hamburger dude

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Pee Wee is now with Large Marge!

I got to see his live show a few times.....once in the 80s before his first movie came out, and again in 2010....very funny stuff!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I thought everyone moved on.  he was in Blow, Mystery Men shortly after the incident.  Tons of parts in shows and movies. I always saw him in things.
    I think it took some time.  Both of those were years later.  He was going to be stuck as Pee Wee after that role was so popular but he had to put the hold on that after his handy press

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    I got to see his PeeWees Playhouse live tour in 1983 I think.
    I had no idea what I was in for and left a believer.

• Options
    I remember watching it on a very early HBO special.  For any of you to have seen it live, wow.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I don't think he got cancelled. he got "paused". TODAY he'd be cancelled for sure. a kid's (sort of) entertainer caught diddling in public? not a good look in today's climate. 

we used to smoke weed and watch Playhouse saturday mornings. It was a trip. Big Adventure was something else. I've been trying to convince my kids to watch it forever. Maybe now they will. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    You know, every once in a while a celebrity passes and the amount of nice things people say about their character is overwhelming. Most recently Bob Saget comes to mind. This time it’s Paul Reubens. The man clearly was kind to others.
  • Options
    You know, every once in a while a celebrity passes and the amount of nice things people say about their character is overwhelming. Most recently Bob Saget comes to mind. This time it’s Paul Reubens. The man clearly was kind to others.
    Yeah if he was a jerk I don't think he would have got the work he did.  It's nice to hear good things about him.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z0VMI67a4Y

I always thought this was fucking hilarious

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    His Mugshot was more rocking than most so called rock stars  =)

He was an original for sure
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,849
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    What did he do? Take a piss in public?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -