Options

Sinead O'Connor has Died

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
She was only 56.

Got to see her perform at Lilith Fair many years ago.

RIP

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,952
    wow, RIP!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    Sad news, RIP.

I suspect the cause will be either suicide or an overdose. She was devastated when her son committed suicide last year. Awful story all around.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    I did not know she was still with us.  RIP.  I remember seeing a disturbing video of her a few years ago.  Not how I wanted to remember her.
  • Options
    jh275312jh275312 Posts: 89
    I am sad 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    RIP brave soul! She was correct in her condemnation of the Catholic Church.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    Sorry to hear this. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    Poncier said:
    Sad news, RIP.

I suspect the cause will be either suicide or an overdose. She was devastated when her son committed suicide last year. Awful story all around.
    Yeah I had forgotten about that I can’t imagine loosing a loved one to suicide not sure I could survive it myself 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    What a talent. 

It's been a LONG time since I listened, but I remember really liking the Lion & The Cobra back in the day when my older brother was playing it. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    RIP brave soul! She was correct in her condemnation of the Catholic Church.
    yeah that SNL performance was legendary
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,930
    Tragic. I saw her perform in the 90s. Her voice was angelic. I remember looking for I Do Not Want What I haven’t Got on vinyl a few years ago. I have it on CD. But maybe I will start looking again. I remember when her son committed suicide. I don’t think people ever get over something like that. I can’t even imagine. 
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    Saw her in Vancouver in February 2020 and was completely blown away. One of the most powerful and emotional concerts I've ever attended. I cried during Black Boys on Mopeds. I was 15 when The Lion and the Cobra came out and my buddy and I listened to it on repeat for months. An incredible talent and amazingly brave human. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    RIP
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,836
    Sad news!  Beautiful voice.  
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    Sad all around. Pure speculation, but I'd imagine getting through the suicide of her son was damn near impossible while she was in the midst of her own mental health issues.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,958
    This is sad to hear, RIP. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    Really, really sad. I listened to her a lot, back in the day. I’ll have to dig out a couple of CD’s. RIP Sinead.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    What a bold and brave woman.  I'm very saddened by what I think we all agree to too young to be gone.  Her life was too often a struggle.  I hope her passing was at least fairly painless and easy.  Very sad.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    I'm not too familiar with her work but the 2 songs she sang on on Richard Wright's solo album Broken China are great; Reaching for the Rail and Breakthrough.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    Alanis and Foos did one of her songs in Japan last night. RIP
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,882
    beyond a couple songs, I really wasnt familiar with her work. ran through her catalog last night while working. imagine my surprise to hear a standards record for the 3rd record. straightforward, honoring the music. damn shame snl performance overshadowed that. she was there in promotion of it.

the rest was a very pleasant surprise.  left with wanting more than she gave us. something live as well...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,882
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    She was way ahead of her time in what she felt was true. She took a Prince song and made it known world wide. A great voice and an exceptional beauty that carried her to the end. This brave soul will be missed, I think her heart may have just given out on her.

Ri✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)