*** The Movie Discussions Thread ***

13»

Comments

• Got my ticket for The Abyss next week!
    Unnatural image? The screenshots from the True Lies 4K "restoration" are really bad, weird AI sharpened.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    edited December 2023
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Unnatural image? The screenshots from the True Lies 4K "restoration" are really bad, weird AI sharpened.

Unfortunately I had to cancel my ticket. Turns out my son’s band concert was that night. A bummer, but glad I canceled, as the pieces they played and their performance was pretty awesome.
    Teaser for Francis Ford Coppolas "final" film. He sold his winery and paid for it himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzYsESj1UvU
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,841
    Heard all kinds of interesting things about this one.
    Heard all kinds of interesting things about this one.
    Looks a lot better than I thought. Visually.
    Agreed. Be interesting to see it. I read the synopsis, but it seems strange considering the stopping time moment in the trailer.

edited May 20
    I’d be surprised if this is anything other than the X-man named Dazzler. She’s a pop star mutant.

Post edited by CarryTheZero on

I’m very excited for this. So I watched the teaser trailer, but I will attempt to not watch the new trailer. I’ve found for some movies it helps me enjoy it more (no spoilers or preconceived notions of what I think it’ll be).

I’m interested in Fede’s take on this. Evil Dead and Don’t Breathe did not pull punches in the gore or horror department.

Between this and the upcoming FX show (Timothy Olyphant!), it’s looking like a good time to be an Alien(s) fan.
    edited July 9
    Saw the character posters. Will see the trailer when I get home! Read it shows a lot of the film
    It shows a lot I would think. Just going to watch it the one time. Couldn’t resist. 
    Gladiator II looked ok. 

Teaser for this was released also:

Saw that yesterday. I love comic books, so I’m always excited about stuff like this. Hopefully this one is more Winter Soldier. 

Fun to see Harrison Ford (replacing William Hurt). I’m curious how they will work Red Hulk into this (not my favorite character). 

I’m also interested in seeing Tim Blake Nelson in this.
    Saw that yesterday. I love comic books, so I’m always excited about stuff like this. Hopefully this one is more Winter Soldier. 

Fun to see Harrison Ford (replacing William Hurt). I’m curious how they will work Red Hulk into this (not my favorite character). 

Don't know anything about red hulk. The MCU has started to feel so much... like you know... a hard rock band 30 years in and no original members are left in the band... I'm not really interested. I'll watch Deadpool 3 though, because of the cheap references and the "Wolverine is back"- gimmick.

edited July 15

Don't know anything about red hulk. The MCU has started to feel so much... like you know... a hard rock band 30 years in and no original members are left in the band... I'm not really interested. I'll watch Deadpool 3 though, because of the cheap references and the "Wolverine is back"- gimmick.

Funny comparison! I don’t disagree. It’s funny it’s actually just like comic books. They’ll be amazing for awhile, but then the writer and artist change and you have to wait for someone to come along with a really fresh idea that breathes life back into it.
    Sounds like there are some crazy Romulus popcorn buckets coming.

Funny comparison! I don’t disagree. It’s funny it’s actually just like comic books. They’ll be amazing for awhile, but then the writer and artist change and you have to wait for someone to come along with a really fresh idea that breathes life back into it.
    That’s what made me and my brothers lose interest in spider-man in the mid/late 90s with the clonesaga and stuff. Mark Bugley drawing be damned. And just went back looking for old 60/70/80s issues
    Mark Bagley! Met him one time. He lives near me and was signing at a comic shop once.
    Excited for this. Timothy Olyphant as a terminator! You had me at Timothy (also in the upcoming FX Alien series).
    @Spiritual_Chaos if you are looking for more Aliens fun, I highly recommend this collection. It says Marvel, but it is collecting the first licensed comics by Dark Horse. These pick up directly after Aliens (published well before Alien 3), and they imagine a story with Newt and Hicks as the main characters. Ripley’s disappearance does get addressed. The first two volumes in this are stellar (unless they haven’t aged well). The third volume is pretty good. 

They are comics really written for the adult fans of the movies (or this 11 year old back in the day who wanted more Aliens immediately!).