Chicago Shows - GA/Reserved Seating - Ticket Swap

SM423SM423 Posts: 17
Hi All - 

I never post on here so apologies if this isn't the right forum for this topic but hopefully this is ok.  I have tickets to both Chicago shows in September and I've learned over the years that I really don't like standing in my seat and prefer the GA vibe where I can find a spot that works for me.  I've been a fan-club member forever and these will be my 92nd and 93rd show so I think my reserved seats are the 1st and 2nd row on the side of the stage in the closest section from the stage.  I'd like to find people who have GA tickets but actually prefer reserved seats and swap, if possible.  

My seats are:
  • Section 121, row 10 on Tuesday (Sep 5)
  • Section 131, row 11 on Thursday (Sep 5)
Let me know if you're interested in discussing a trade.  
Tagged:

Comments

• SM423SM423 Posts: 17
    If anyone knows where else I should be trying to find the PJ concert community, let me know - thanks
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    SM423 said:
    If anyone knows where else I should be trying to find the PJ concert community, let me know - thanks
    Your tickets are row 10 and 11 not first and second correct?
    I'm pretty sure that on the side, they remove the lower part of the section to make room for the GA space.  I've had these types of tickets in the past at other arenas and row 10 is actually row 1 because the first nine rows of seats are removed altogether.
    SM423 said:
    I'm pretty sure that on the side, they remove the lower part of the section to make room for the GA space.  I've had these types of tickets in the past at other arenas and row 10 is actually row 1 because the first nine rows of seats are removed altogether.
    There are definitely rows 1-9 ahead of you fyi. Most of them went as premium priced tickets. Still amazing seats just wanted to clarify. 

There is Given to Fly forum on this board that might get you some more eyes on your trade as well as a Facebook group for Chicago.

Be careful though since you are transferring great seats to someone else make sure its a solid deal and you do not get caught transferring first and being ghosted after with no tickets transferred back to you in return. 
    Oh wow, thanks for the info - really appreciate it.  I'll check out the other forums.  

So premium priced tickets go ahead of 10C members?  That seems lame.  I figured the other rows were gone because I used to get the first or second row of the best section every time based on my very low 10C number but it looks like things have changed.  
    edited June 2023
    Chicago has a lot of friends and family as well as the premiums. Same thing happened with MSG last year. Premiums are definitely pushing people further back but 10 club also got more tickets.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    Needless to say if you decide to sell any one or more of these tickets, I would be happy to oblige!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    SM423 said:
    Hi All - 

I never post on here so apologies if this isn't the right forum for this topic but hopefully this is ok.  I have tickets to both Chicago shows in September and I've learned over the years that I really don't like standing in my seat and prefer the GA vibe where I can find a spot that works for me.  I've been a fan-club member forever and these will be my 92nd and 93rd show so I think my reserved seats are the 1st and 2nd row on the side of the stage in the closest section from the stage.  I'd like to find people who have GA tickets but actually prefer reserved seats and swap, if possible.  

My seats are:
    • Section 121, row 10 on Tuesday (Sep 5)
    • Section 131, row 11 on Thursday (Sep 5)
    Let me know if you're interested in discussing a trade.  
    I believe you mean Section 113 for the 7th?

You should post this offer in the relevant groups on the Facebook. Definitely gain traction there.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    Yes, thank you - I did mean Section 113.  
  • goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    edited June 2023
    SM423 said:
    You really think they take out 9 rows of permanent seats at a hockey arena for GA?

stop.

this is either your 1st show or you know better. Side of stage is on an incline. How the F that gonna work for GA? It’s one thing to ask for a swap, it’s another to lie to people to try to get it.
    Post edited by goblues82 on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,151
    SM423 said:
    I have never seen them remove loge seats at an arena so I would get straight on what you're offering a potential trade partner
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,430
    goblues82 said:
    SM423 said:
    You really think they take out 9 rows of permanent seats at a hockey arena for GA?

stop.

this is either your 1st show or you know better. Side of stage is on an incline. How the F that gonna work for GA? It’s one thing to ask for a swap, it’s another to lie to people to try to get it.
    wait..so my sec 302 tix in row 9 aren't front row?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Like I explained in my initial post, I said I wasn't sure because I have definitely had the first side section that looks over the pit in certain arenas over the years start at different rows because they were removed but maybe it was in Europe or South America.  I've gone back and forth with a few interested parties and have explained that I was wrong.

@goblues82 and @Gern Blansten - thanks for the reminder of why I've never participated in a forum like this.  

• wow...such unnecessary hostility for what seems like an honest mistake...
    This is my first time going to see PJ in the US and there are some differences from Europe and SA, like the seating areas in the floor.
    Hope you get GA man...regardless, 113 seems like a great spot...I have 112 for the 7th...cant wait
    lol...put your big boy pants on folks

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,273
    Or, don’t be a dick for a guy making an honest mistake. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    In Europe they fold in the first few rows to make the GA section wider.  Not so much in NA but I don’t think the OP was trying to trick anyone.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    Or, don’t be a dick for a guy making an honest mistake. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Several honest mistakes...wrong date, wrong section, implying front row when it's not

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,363
    SM423 said:
    Like I explained in my initial post, I said I wasn't sure because I have definitely had the first side section that looks over the pit in certain arenas over the years start at different rows because they were removed but maybe it was in Europe or South America.  I've gone back and forth with a few interested parties and have explained that I was wrong.

@goblues82 and @Gern Blansten - thanks for the reminder of why I've never participated in a forum like this.  

The sooner your realize that this place is the absolute worst part about Pearl Jam the happier you will be. 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,541
    behind the stage seats start in row 12. row 12 is actually row 1 behind the stage.so it cant be completely unheard of, right? seems like an honest mistake 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
    SM423 said:

I assume you mean you never participated in the forum because your blatant lies and exaggerations would be called out.
    Kwieneke said:
    behind the stage seats start in row 12. row 12 is actually row 1 behind the stage.so it cant be completely unheard of, right? seems like an honest mistake 
    I can literally go from here to the seating chart on Ticketmaster in less than 15 seconds to see what he’s saying isn’t true. 

The same way you can see behind the stage starts at row 12. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,652
    goblues82 said:
    SM423 said:

stop.

You're actually folded under the rest of the section. Good luck seeing anything.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    goblues82 said:
    SM423 said:

stop.

You're actually folded under the rest of the section. Good luck seeing anything.
    my first assignment was Sec 106....was really happy with those

I normally would never engage like this but since this thread keeps going, I'll provide more info so that it will hopefully allow the majority of us to still believe that people are inherently good and maybe it'll make some of you a little less cynical:
    • Like I mentioned earlier, I've been to 91 PJ shows. I've been a 10C member since 1994.  My 10C number is very low and I have been lucky enough to get great seats my whole life.  There have definitely been times where I had seats that were in row 9-10 (somewhere around this number) on the side of the pit and when I showed up, they were actually the first row because the arena had removed the lowest section for the GA pit.  So I was standing with my feet above the heads of the GA audience with a guardrail.  I've never been issued tickets - until now apparently - that aren't in the closest section and in the first row or two.
    • When I wanted to post about this swap, I didn't think tickets were available on TM so I only looked at StubHub and Vivid Seats.  If you look at the side sections, you will see there is no one selling tickets less than Row 9 (which made sense to me because of my previous point).  
    Everyone should try to be like @PJNB - this person explained why I might be wrong, provided some information/context around the new "premium seating", and even PMd me with a suggestion about a Facebook group for Chicago to join.  You'll find that you'll get more enjoyment out of life if you think the best of people.  Why on earth are adults arguing on an internet band forum?  This a rhetorical question.  

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,151
    edited June 2023
    The tone policing and over explanation all stem from the same place of not giving a shit whether their trade partner was actually in the first row as long as they got what they were after
    Post edited by pjl44 on