I knew something was wrong

16 days ago I walked into the Emergency Room, and I knew I was in for big adventure. Just didn't expect it to be quite this wild of a ride. 
I had an awful feeling that something went wrong with the 2 stents I had placed in my heart 16 months ago. I had never been more right about something in my life. 
When the doctor looked at me and said...."It was a critical situation, and you need triple Bypass. 

I almost fucking fainted. 
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    When the Emergency Room doctor checked me out, it was actually quite comical. 

Mr. Beck your chest xray is fine
    Your blood work is just fine
    Your echo is fine. 
    If it wasn't for your past history, I would send you home. 

I looked at him and explained, "If you were to put me on that tread mill, and just have me walk a normal pace, I would drop dead in less than a minute. 

He realized I was dead serious, and said, "Im going to call my friend the cardiologist". 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yeah I totally understand how that might feel when an MD tells you that! Glad you got yourself to the ER did the term widow maker come up? I had blockage but not in that artery 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Yeah I totally understand how that might feel when an MD tells you that! Glad you got yourself to the ER did the term widow maker come up? I had blockage but not in that artery 
    Widow maker was 16 months ago. 
    This time around it was 95% blockage to 3 arteries. 

No heart attack this time around
    No cardiac arrest this time around. 
    Just triple bypass. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Hopefully you're Speedy the cat with 9 lives, have only used up 2 at this point.

Good thing you listened to your body and got help. 

I assume you saw the credit card bill from the Disney trip and started having chest pains. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Hopefully you're Speedy the cat with 9 lives, have only used up 2 at this point.

Good thing you listened to your body and got help. 

I assume you saw the credit card bill from the Disney trip and started having chest pains. 
    Actually I knew before I left for Disney, that my days might be numbered. I decided to take my vacation, enjoy a week with my bride, and then come home to face whatever was next in life. 

People can say whatever they want to say about that choice. I don't give a fuck. 
    It was my choice. 
    Walking in Disney

If I walked at a snails pace, literally walking as slow as possible, I was fine. We covered 7-10 miles a day only having to really stop a couple times a day. 

But if I walked at a normal pace, like an average human being? My wife would have had to call 911 before we even left the airport in Chicago. 
    It’s def going to be a tough recovery after all your heart went through a tough event! Listen to your cardiologist do as they say specially with physical therapy that’s a must..be well Mike it’s great having you here!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    I am so glad you are ok. We often know our bodies so well that we can tell something is wrong. Always trust that feeling. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    This is crazy.  How the fuck are you supposed to get checked out then?  What are the doctors NOT seeing that they should?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    This is crazy.  How the fuck are you supposed to get checked out then?  What are the doctors NOT seeing that they should?
    I thought that. Installs no confidence 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    damn dude...glad you're ok
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    So glad you're ok & that you listened to your body, bud.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

Hello folks.

Yesterday I walked into a doctor's office for the 1st time since surgery. She asked me and my wife if we had any questions or issues that needed to be addressed. An hour and a half later we walked out of there, and I'm guessing we only discussed the open heart surgery for maybe 15 minutes. 

The rest of the time we discussed how my body has become a complete disaster the last 10-12 days. How every minute and every hour of being awake has become a complete struggle. 

Hopefully with some mew meds, and changes in meds, I can get somewhat back to normal. 

THIS HAS BEEN HELL. 
    Fingers crossed the meds changes help.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    They will work on the meds and get you sorted out.  Not all works on people the right way.

You'll be good to go soon.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jesus. glad to hear you're ok. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hoping your new meds work better for you, sorry to hear about not feeling like yourself you’ll get there but it will take a long time, don’t put any pressure on yourself let the meds do the work, we’re here for you! 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    I hope you feel better soon, and the new meds work better for you. 
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone. 

One day at a time.
    GlowGirl said:
    I hope you feel better soon, and the new meds work better for you. 
    thank you.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Damn dude, I need to check into AET more often.  Some major medical going on there.  Take good care and get better soon.  You know, like get well speedy!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Wow, you’ve been through a lot lately Speedy.  If my dad was any indication, finding the right meds and then dosage  can be quite a long and frustrating journey.  I hope your pathway is an easier and quicker one.  It sounds like you’ve got a good support system at home and in your doctor.  You are already doing the right thing and listening to your body and trusting your instincts.  You’re still here and hopefully you will be for a long time yet.  ((((Hugs))))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Wow, you’ve been through a lot lately Speedy.  If my dad was any indication, finding the right meds and then dosage  can be quite a long and frustrating journey.  I hope your pathway is an easier and quicker one.  It sounds like you’ve got a good support system at home and in your doctor.  You are already doing the right thing and listening to your body and trusting your instincts.  You’re still here and hopefully you will be for a long time yet.  ((((Hugs))))
    Listening to my body was actually pretty simple. Because for the 2nd time in 16 months, I knew if I didn't go walk into an emergency room, I was going to be dead in a matter of days.
    YIKES!!!

Looks like we are heading in the right direction with the medication. I feel SO MUCH BETTER than i did a week ago. 

Thanks so much for the well wishes. 
    Good to hear things are on the upswing.
    My new infomercial

For 3 easy payments of $29.99, I will take a chainsaw to your chest cavity, and you will watch the pounds melt away!

Results guaranteed or double your money back! 
    My new infomercial

For 3 easy payments of $29.99, I will take a chainsaw to your chest cavity, and you will watch the pounds melt away!

Yeah you had the most invasive kind of surgery they opened your chest cavity! When they do elective heart procedure’s here they use robot system! They had no choice with you it was an emergency 
    My new infomercial

Yeah you had the most invasive kind of surgery they opened your chest cavity! When they do elective heart procedure’s here they use robot system! They had no choice with you it was an emergency 
    Did you ever get decent seats for Chicago?
    I was following your ticket posts.
    Did they ever get you out of the 3rd balcony?
    My new infomercial

Did you ever get decent seats for Chicago?
    I was following your ticket posts.
    Did they ever get you out of the 3rd balcony?
    Yes they ended giving my section 113 9th row I can’t wait to see my daughters face 😀 it’s her 1st time seeing them, she loves all the hippie bands and goes to a ton of festivals so this should be a bit different for her! Hope you have a safe rest of summer! You’ve been through a lot 
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    My new infomercial

hope to see you at St. Paul.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    My new infomercial

hope to see you at St. Paul.
    Hopefully
    I just don't see it happening though.
    Guess we will see how this healing process turns out.
    But I just can't see myself being able to put my body through a rock concert. 

But we will see.