High 10C Numbers getting GA..

Just talked to an ex coworker and asked if he got any tickets for the shows.  He said he scored GA for Ruoff, I was like really what is your number?  He said 509xxx and mine is 210xxx and I requested GA 1st choice.  My tickets are up in section G row K.  Then I asked him if he was reassigned on the Ruoff and he said no, but was reassigned one of the Chicago shows.   I am not mad, happy to be in the venue and not in the lawn, but it just sucks I have been trying for years to get GA and never do. 
Indy 2000
St. Louis 2000
Champaign 2003
Indy 2003
St. Louis 2004
Cincinnati 2006
Indy 2010
Hampton 2016
Lexington 2016
EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
Chicago N1 2018
Chicago N2 2018
Nashville 2022
St Louis 2022
Oklahoma City 2022
Denver 2022
Chicago N1 2023
Chicago N2 2023

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    Just talked to an ex coworker and asked if he got any tickets for the shows.  He said he scored GA for Ruoff, I was like really what is your number?  He said 509xxx and mine is 210xxx and I requested GA 1st choice.  My tickets are up in section G row K.  Then I asked him if he was reassigned on the Ruoff and he said no, but was reassigned one of the Chicago shows.   I am not mad, happy to be in the venue and not in the lawn, but it just sucks I have been trying for years to get GA and never do. 
    Your 10C number does not matter for GA selection. 
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    edited May 2023
    Pit is a complete lottery. They pretty much have to do it that way, otherwise what is the incentive for new people to join the 10C if all they’ve got a shot for is lawn/upper level behind the stage tickets.
    and for the reassignments, because that was a separate drawing for tickets, pit wasn’t reassigned. I kept holding my breath, having pit tickets for Indy, but it was only the assigned seating that was affected.
    Post edited by JD87070 on
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    JD87070 said:
    Pit is a complete lottery. They pretty much have to do it that way, otherwise what is the incentive for new people to join the 10C if all they’ve got a shot for is lawn/upper level behind the stage tickets.
    and for the reassignments, because that was a separate drawing for tickets, pit wasn’t reassigned. I kept holding my breath, having pit tickets for Indy, but it was only the assigned seating that was affected.
    Maybe by the time your name was randomly chosen your first priority was gone.  I’m not sure why people have trouble with this.  Before your priority matters your name has to be randomly selected. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    JD87070 said:
    Maybe by the time your name was randomly chosen your first priority was gone.  I’m not sure why people have trouble with this.  Before your priority matters your name has to be randomly selected. 
    But but but I've been a member of the jamily since like 2019 and I have every Volcom release and I should always get g.a. so I can be close to the boys.

Did I do that right?
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Yah, it was the whole point of the GA pit.  Because of seniority the same people got a lifetime pass to the front rows.   Most people aren't going to forget to renew because of that, and new members don't really get much advancement in seat location.   A 10'er in 2003 in the fan club for 12 years would absolutely get better tickets than a 10'er in 2016 who had been in the club for 13 years :)

GA pit mixed it up so the same people weren't up front :)
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    edited May 2023
    Zod said:
    Yah, it was the whole point of the GA pit.  Because of seniority the same people got a lifetime pass to the front rows.   Most people aren't going to forget to renew because of that, and new members don't really get much advancement in seat location.   A 10'er in 2003 in the fan club for 12 years would absolutely get better tickets than a 10'er in 2016 who had been in the club for 13 years :)

I really wish they would go the way of Phish and other bands and do a lottery for the entry as well. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:

I really wish they would go the way of Phish and other bands and do a lottery for the entry as well. 
    Absolutely they should.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • elcazador83elcazador83 Posts: 100
    528*** pit for Fort Worth. Also, be happy that got tickets to Noblesville, a lot of folks didn't. 
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:

Absolutely they should.
    Agree, the camping out two nights to have any shot at rail is kind of ridiculous when there’s easier ways to do it. That said, i’ll be happy hanging out with my buddies in the lot most of the day and being at the back of the pit, still way closer than i expected to be!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    As a fan club member for years (208xxx) I have never requested GA and I find my seat assignments for most venues very good.  I think the whole 1st preference, etc. makes it more of a logistical nightmare for fan club ticket assignment.  A friend of mine won the lottery once and we sat 2nd row (no GA) and it was awesome.  GA is just not my thing.  You youngsters have at it and enjoy.  Just behave. 
  • JimFletcherPearlJamJimFletcherPearlJam Posts: 358
    edited May 2023
    Dude, the best shows I've ever attended have typically been general admission shows. I can't stand being stuck in a fixed seat for the whole concert. I'm 52, and my wife and I scored pit tickets for the Friday Fort Worth show. I must say that she and I have aged pretty well though, so that certainly helps. Heck, the members of PJ are a handful of years older than us, and if they can spend the whole show performing on stage, then we can certainly stand for a few hours without any problems. 
    Post edited by JimFletcherPearlJam on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,979
    ^Get me a Jeff pick!  Mike can throw his pretty far...Have fun!!
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Sadly the higher 10C #'s now only get the worst seats in the house. So that minor chance at GA is all we got really.
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:

I’m confused.  Isn’t the random lottery by PJ exactly as you indicated, a lottery for entry?  Choice of GA or reserved doesn’t have anything to do with entry.  Entry is a random lottery selection.  Can someone explain the difference please?  
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    ^ I think PJNB is referring to Phish’s policy of randomly selecting a ‘starting number’ for GA entrance based on a wristband you pick up some time during the day. Then near show time a number is chosen and that is #1 through the door with sequential numbers following afterwards. So no need to sleep on the street and everyone has a chance of winning the coveted 1st in line spot.
    But what do I know,…The last time I saw Phish was in 1989 when they were playing clubs in Burlington VT.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    edited May 2023
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:

I’m confused.  Isn’t the random lottery by PJ exactly as you indicated, a lottery for entry?  Choice of GA or reserved doesn’t have anything to do with entry.  Entry is a random lottery selection.  Can someone explain the difference please?  
    He’s referring to the actual entry to the GA section for people who won those tickets.  They assign everyone in GA a number and pick randomly to determine who goes in first.  This eliminates the need to camp out for the rail. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:

He’s referring to the actual entry to the GA section for people who won those tickets.  They assign everyone in GA a number and pick randomly to determine who goes in first.  This eliminates the need to camp out for the rail. 
    Yes, this is the same way Dave Matthews Band does it too. They even kept us in line as we entered the venue all the way until we got to the pit entrance last year. It was really nice! (And no i didn’t win the lottery, we were about 20 back from the front of the line at Pine Knob, but still got the rail off to the side in the corner of the pit in front of the keyboard player.
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:

Thanks so much for explaining!  I got lost somewhere along the string.  Have a great time at the concerts everyone!  
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    JD87070 said:
    That's not how it works. They do one show at a time, first priorities get first dibs, but if there are more than available they have to do a random selection. For GA, that's almost always the case, and many people who have that as their first priority won't get it. At least, that's how it's supposed to work, nothing really went how it was supposed to this time.

• I only recently joined 10C so my membership # is crap, (705xxx) but I was selected for StPaul GA N1 and couldn't be more excited.
    This is my 1st time scoring tickets through the fan club and I'm very grateful for the chance to experience the magic close up.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    mattcoz said:
    JD87070 said:
    That's not how it works. They do one show at a time, first priorities get first dibs, but if there are more than available they have to do a random selection. For GA, that's almost always the case, and many people who have that as their first priority won't get it. At least, that's how it's supposed to work, nothing really went how it was supposed to this time.

Was very surprised to land Chicago 1 & 2 with my 6th and 7th priorities.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    mattcoz said:
    cblock4life said:
    JD87070 said:

They are/were discussing how entrance to GA was/is.  I was confused thinking they were talking about the entire process. How do you know how the process works?  
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    mattcoz said:
    cblock4life said:
    JD87070 said:

They are/were discussing how entrance to GA was/is.  I was confused thinking they were talking about the entire process. How do you know how the process works?  
    Because there is only way the lottery can possibly work properly in its current format.
  • Loujoe, if I get a pick from Jeff Ament at the Fort Worth show on September 15th, I'll send it to you buddy. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    Loujoe, if I get a pick from Jeff Ament at the Fort Worth show on September 15th, I'll send it to you buddy. 
    No that's a real friend Lou.
    Great gesture.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -