Options

WHY ARE THERE PJ TIX FOR SALE ON VIVID SEATS

StephanieL19StephanieL19 Posts: 211
edited May 2023 in Given To Fly (live)
Does anyone know how, or who, or why there are PJ seats or sale on Vivid? What is Vivid Seats? There are no seats on Stubhub, which makes sense.

I thought you can only do Fan To Fan via Ticketmaster?

----
November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center

Post edited by StephanieL19 on

Comments

• Options
    TkapfhammerTkapfhammer Seattle Posts: 1
    edited June 2023
    Same question. 
    Post edited by Tkapfhammer on
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,397
    For Chicago, tickets are transferable, so they could totally be on those sites, albeit, 10c tickets found there above FV could be cancelled.

For the other shows, the sellers are gambling that they will find a way to get the advertised ticket into the buyer’s hands by show time.  The hacks for that are known by people other than me, but they exist.  In a lot of cases, the only remedy to the buyer is reimbursement if that fails, so it’s very much buyer beware especially if traveling and incurring a bunch of unrecoverable costs based on a purchase like that.  Personally I’d steer clear of it for lots of reasons, not the least of which is respecting what PJ is trying to achieve.  

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    Does anyone know how, or who, or why there are PJ seats or sale on Vivid? What is Vivid Seats? There are no seats on Stubhub, which makes sense.

I thought you can only do Fan To Fan via Ticketmaster?

Season ticket holders for the teams that are the main occupant of the buildings don’t have the same restrictions ten club does. I know someone that bought off vivid last year and there were no problems. 
  • Options
    Cenelson43Cenelson43 Providence, RI Posts: 13
    Getting a little nervous about the Vegas shows since I purchased my tix through Vivid. I've been to a few before with tix from Vivid with no issue, but I read a few complains online recently, and there was an article about a show in April where over 200 people were turned away with fraudulent Stubhub and Vivid tickets. 

Anyone else in the same boat and uneasy about it? If I was turned away, I'd be hustling to scalp tickets last minute. Is scalping on site even a thing any more though?
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,442
    Getting a little nervous about the Vegas shows since I purchased my tix through Vivid. I've been to a few before with tix from Vivid with no issue, but I read a few complains online recently, and there was an article about a show in April where over 200 people were turned away with fraudulent Stubhub and Vivid tickets. 

Anyone else in the same boat and uneasy about it? If I was turned away, I'd be hustling to scalp tickets last minute. Is scalping on site even a thing any more though?
    Tickets are available on ticketmaster until 8:30. If you go right at doors and the tickets don't work, you'd have time to find something on TM. Scalping on site isn't really a thing anymore with mobile tickets but there are always fans with extras 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,996
    edited May 8

There will be face value tickets available on TM for Vegas the day of the show so you will get in the building for sure. Just look at both Vegas shows right now on TM. There are plenty available. 

With regards to Vivid tickets working you are at the luxury of Portland fans having to be the people that will first find out if they will work or not. 

What do you have right now for your ticket? A barcode or nothing yet?
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Phew, that's tremendously reassuring. Thank you both. Right now I've got a barcode for night two, and a promise of e-delivery by 5/15 for night one. What I was reading though said that even a barcode with the line scrolling across it can be fake. I'll report back!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,085
    Phew, that's tremendously reassuring. Thank you both. Right now I've got a barcode for night two, and a promise of e-delivery by 5/15 for night one. What I was reading though said that even a barcode with the line scrolling across it can be fake. I'll report back!
    Let us know if you can add it to your wallet. That is the main issue now. Apparently, the tickets need to be in your Apple or Google wallet to work. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Let us know if you can add it to your wallet. That is the main issue now. Apparently, the tickets need to be in your Apple or Google wallet to work. 
    Really? They won't accept them on the Vivid phone app?
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,442
    edited May 13
    GlowGirl said:
    Really? They won't accept them on the Vivid phone app?
    Seems like they backed off the wallet requirement, at least for now. If there's a barcode that can be scanned, you should get in