Options

St. Paul 1 and 2 Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    Mnys58746Mnys58746 Posts: 4
    I was headed to Las Vegas for my 1st ever show last May.  I found out while boarding the plane that the show was canceled.  So...that sucked.  

So now I was able to get good side-stage single tickets for both shows and St. Paul is 3 hours from my house.  Sections 126, and 120.  I plan on bringing down the family and taking in the fair on Friday.  

We went to Springsteen in March at Xcel and the bars around the area are standing room only before the show.  So get there early if you want a seat.  Afterwards they fill up again and Ubers and Lyfts are super expensive, if you can get them.  The Uber ride before the show is reasonable, after is around $80 or more, with an hour long wait.  At least that was my experience.  If you are driving, now is a good time to reserve your parking spot on parkwiz, or some other app.  Reserved parking will probably sell out for anything close by.
  • Options
    lazyjc22lazyjc22 Posts: 128
    Appreciate that information about the area around the venue.  Four of us are coming from VA, we have seats in 102 and 103 for night 2. We'll be sure to visit the local watering holes and look forward to some good fare and good times.  Staying at the Darby?, I think.  
  • Options
    WonderMikeWonderMike Salem, Mass. Posts: 22
    I'm still waiting to hear back from Ticketmaster and the Ten Club on claiming my Night 1 seats (I still haven't gotten an email for that show). I know the Ten Club has reached out to Ticketmaster for me, and I've emailed them and Ticketstoday myself several times.

I think I got caught in the whole "assign the seats/take the seats back/charge the credit card/don't charge the credit card" back-and-forth. But who knows.

Anyway, considering I already have a flight booked, I'm hoping to be there and in the building that night. 
    My name's actually Nick. Some PJ writing.
  • Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 389
    edited May 2023
    Saint Paul 1
    103, row 1

Saint Paul 2
    GA

1.2 mile walk from my home . . .
    Post edited by nooram on
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,162
    If you are around Saint Paul, two breweries I’d recommend are Bad Weather and Barrel Theory
    I'm just gonna cross the border, grab about 12 cases of Spotted Cow, and I'll be good.  B)
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    If you are around Saint Paul, two breweries I’d recommend are Bad Weather and Barrel Theory
    I'm just gonna cross the border, grab about 12 cases of Spotted Cow, and I'll be good.  B)
    Poor choice.

Barrel Theory is terrific.  I like Black Stack quite a bit as well.  And actually enjoyed Modist on my last visit.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    lazyjc22lazyjc22 Posts: 128
    /\ Sweet, Barrel Theory is right down the road from my hotel.
  • Options
    Lol. I know taste is very much subjective. And SC definitely has its share of detractors. But for some reason, it has been my favorite beer for well over a decade. I always stock up whenever I'm in WI.

But I'm always open to finding a new favorite. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    +1 for Bad Weather, my favorite for both the beer and feel of the brewery.
    I'd recommend Keenan's as a fun dive bar with some great burgers a little further down 7th street.
  • Options
    Lol. I know taste is very much subjective. And SC definitely has its share of detractors. But for some reason, it has been my favorite beer for well over a decade. I always stock up whenever I'm in WI.

But I'm always open to finding a new favorite. Thanks for the suggestions.
    I was being more playful and less of an ass than my message may have appeared... But I am also in the crowd of thinking spotted cow is supremely overrated...but to each their own.  Lots of great local beer in the MSP area.  But drink what you like!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,909
    Mnys58746 said:
    I was headed to Las Vegas for my 1st ever show last May.  I found out while boarding the plane that the show was canceled.  So...that sucked.  

So now I was able to get good side-stage single tickets for both shows and St. Paul is 3 hours from my house.  Sections 126, and 120.  I plan on bringing down the family and taking in the fair on Friday.  

We went to Springsteen in March at Xcel and the bars around the area are standing room only before the show.  So get there early if you want a seat.  Afterwards they fill up again and Ubers and Lyfts are super expensive, if you can get them.  The Uber ride before the show is reasonable, after is around $80 or more, with an hour long wait.  At least that was my experience.  If you are driving, now is a good time to reserve your parking spot on parkwiz, or some other app.  Reserved parking will probably sell out for anything close by.
    Parking shouldn't be an issue, there is a lot of parking around the venue within walking distance.  Never an issue in my experience for other sold out concerts and MN Wild games.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Wish St Paul had the equivalent of Ohio's DORA laws.  Lots of cities and towns in ohio have areas where you can get a beer in a special plastic cup and then you are allowed to be outside, even go into stores that allow it, with a beer.

Any locals have opinion on Gambit brewing?
    Post edited by cincybearcat on
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    jwhjr17 said:
    Mnys58746 said:

Parking shouldn't be an issue, there is a lot of parking around the venue within walking distance.  Never an issue in my experience for other sold out concerts and MN Wild games.
    I was going to also say not to panic about parking. I have never had a problem. They can handle it, lots of events go on throughout that area all year long. I've never heard of actually having to reserve a parking spot ahead of time. 

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,531
    Saw MN just voted to legalize cannabis... I suppose it's too much to hope for dispensaries being up & running by the end of August. 

:D 

Kidding... MA took years to get that shit up & running. I can't expect it there in only a few months.  
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Section 102 for both nights.  Rows 8 & 11 - 10C# 109xxx
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,473
    mcgruff10 said:
    Airfare is expensive as hell from Newark and Philly. Ugh.  $574 apiece for the flights I want.  
    Pack the car up and drive?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,930
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Airfare is expensive as hell from Newark and Philly. Ugh.  $574 apiece for the flights I want.  
    I teach so my flying window is very small. First day back is September first.  No way I could drive it from jersey.  (18 hours)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I teach so my flying window is very small. First day back is September first.  No way I could drive it from jersey.  (18 hours)
    Yeah, especially since there's a show on the 2nd. You'd need a DeLorean.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    I will be at the Thursday show with my pregnant wife.  Very excited to tell my child later on they were at a PJ show while your mom was 6 months along with you.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,996
    Just upgraded my N1 to section 103. Very excited about that.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,550
    Dang, hoping for an upgrade to one of the first two side sections also. Might be a long few months looking, unless someone wants to time a drop with me! ISO single or pair. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,950
    We're like two hours into Fan 2 Fan and my willpower to not add night 1 is already slipping. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,930
    JimmyV said:
    We're like two hours into Fan 2 Fan and my willpower to not add night 1 is already slipping. 
    Just do it!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    hepcatpunkhepcatpunk Posts: 174
    Both nights:

N1: GA (with daughter or son)
    N2: Section 110, Row 15 (whichever kid didn't get N1)

Driving up from Madison----we've been to Chicago millions of times, but MN just once, so thought this would be the better trip.  Can't wait!
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    JimmyV said:
    DUDE DO IT!!!! You're already hitting one night :p
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    incognitonyincognitony KY Posts: 140
    I have  221 row 7 and 220 row 2, high up but near the stage. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,473
    mcgruff10 said:
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I understand.

I'll be making the drive from NJ.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    I'm honestly surprised by the amount of people who are only doing one show. The way I look at it, if you're gonna go thru the trouble of making the trip, you may as well get the most out of it.

But I understand, not everyone can make it happen.
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    The wife and I are coming from CO for night 2 
    SEC 116 ROW 12
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    Coming in from Colorado with my husband.  N1 FLRL row 2 and N2 SEC 116 row 2.  This will be our first trip to Minnesota.  So excited for the fall!
    We'll be coming in from CO as well, but only for night 2.  Looks like I'll be about 10 rows behind ya!