Since the inception of Fan 2 Fan, do you put in for more shows?

Before F2F, I would only put in for a select number of shows based on location, budget etc. I've been shut out more than a few times.

Now with F2F I find myself entering more since I know I can generally sell them back/transfer, and as a backup.

With all the talk of seniority and seats getting worse (for some)......this has to factor in right?

Since the inception of Fan 2 Fan, do you put in for more shows? 81 votes

More
18%
PJamminEddieredderdanlee1095AKmattgw246601PJNBhihobiboJBob87Ms0331jimjam1982SHZAEl BobGroda03ChrrieKwieneke 15 votes
Less
2%
tschavandrew68 2 votes
Same
79%
cincybearcatRiotAct10Vedd Heddpjhawksfall by the waysideSmarter_Than_USomethingCreativeCopperTomDukeSpiritGibsonaustinevolution10foriginalsinjosevolutionKevinmanryph raphlolobuggiOnlyownMymindjromemfc2006jwhjr17 64 votes

Comments

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Same
    I live in Illinois, so same.
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    Same
    Same #. I'd rather spend only on the shows I plan on going to. I simply don't have funds to put in for more and wait until end of September (at best) for the money back.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Same
    I still just apply for the shows that I plan to go to.  If my calendar frees me up for more shows later on, then I go the F2F route. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Same
    I just sold a couple cure tix last week. It’s only suppose to take 5-7 days to get paid now.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Same
    If they had a bigger tour I might do more. If I thought there was a 50/50 chance of going I might put in. But out of the 9 shows, most I know I have no chance of attending based on mid-week, location or both. 

Now give me 2 or 3 shows within a 5 hour drive and I might do it.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Same
    I put in for three this time around with no expectation of hitting my third pick, but the show was in Illinois so F2F wasn't a factor. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,693
    Same
    I put in for the 3 shows that I realistically could make it to based on location and day of the week. It ended up being both Chicago shows and Indy. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Less
    Hometown shows in Chicago are the same, but if I want to travel I can wait it out and see what good seats pop up to reconsider adding/traveling to another show. Did it last year when thinking of heading to St Louis, same this year with adding St Paul. That way others have a better chance of getting closer if I'm non-committal.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,177
    Same
    Only usually do 1show these days! Maybe next year if they do Maine Vermont and New Hampshire specially if they do a couple of weekends I’d be down for a great weekend! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    More
    In hindsight, given the lack of a GA-only option, I should have put in for less, since I could probably get better seats on F2F. I put in for more, to have a backup in case I didn't get my top choices, but not expecting that I would get upper deck seats for multiple shows. Now I'm hoping I can sell them on F2F, but I wouldn't say I requested more because I expected to be able to sell them back on F2F. Last tour many people got stuck with unsellable tickets for California 
  • Same
    Free cancelation hotels is a totally different story 😂
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    More
    SHZA said:
    In hindsight, given the lack of a GA-only option, I should have put in for less, since I could probably get better seats on F2F. I put in for more, to have a backup in case I didn't get my top choices, but not expecting that I would get upper deck seats for multiple shows. Now I'm hoping I can sell them on F2F, but I wouldn't say I requested more because I expected to be able to sell them back on F2F. Last tour many people got stuck with unsellable tickets for California 
    The covid situation definitely factored into resale last tour. I definitely know people that ate tix to some shows. Definitely risk, but for the most part its mitigated IMO. 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Same
    Same. I'm not interested in fronting money for extra shows for 5 months, nor making more work for my taxes.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    Same
    Same, I always put in for two shows only
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)