Options

Happy 90th, Willie Nelson!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
One of the best ever! 
HAPPY 90th BIRTHDAY, 4/29/23, WILLIE!  :joy:
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Just amazing that he's 90 now! Would be so cool to be in LA for his 90th birthday concert gathering...
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    Just amazing that he's 90 now! Would be so cool to be in LA for his 90th birthday concert gathering...

For sure!  I would love to be there!
    I saw Willie and his Family Band at the Dixon May Fair in Dixon, CA in 2005.  Not only was it a great show, the sound was the best of any show I've even been to, bar none.  Willie and band played outside on a stage facing bleacher seating.  The sound level was perfect- not overpoweringly loud like 99% of shows are, and clear as a bell.  We could here every note of every voice (mostly Willie, of course), and on every instrument.  It was amazing.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847
    Shoot me in the foot, black my eyes and kick me in the teeth. Didn't know he was 90. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Shoot me in the foot, black my eyes and kick me in the teeth. Didn't know he was 90. 

LOL, LJ.  Reminds me of this great line from "Good Morning Vietnam":
    "Lieutenant, you don't know whether you're shot, fucked, powder burned, or snake bit."  :lol:

• Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    Willie is a national treasure! Saw him about ten years ago with my dad. Definitely one of the best shows I've been to. He's one of the last of the outlaw country legends that I'm a fan of. 
  • Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 384
    Here’s the 2 posters for the shows & shirt tonight. Can’t wait!!  gonna be 2 great shows. Happy B-Day Willie. Super happy to get to spend your 90th birthday with you. Hope for many more. 😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Here’s the 2 posters for the shows & shirt tonight. Can’t wait!!  gonna be 2 great shows. Happy B-Day Willie. Super happy to get to spend your 90th birthday with you. Hope for many more. 😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁😎🍁

How COOL!!!  :smiley:
    Would love to hear more about how the show goes if you get a chance some time. 

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    Willie is awesome. Great songwriter, such a unique presence and a very underrated guitarist. His music was constantly on in my house growing up. My Mom and Dad saw him live well over a dozen times. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Last nite show was almost 4 hours long. Billy Strings kicked off show. 1 by 1 performers would come up tell a Willie tale and play a song. Roseanne Cash and Kris Kristofferson together was awesome.Neil played 2 songs with Stephen Stills and 1 with Willie. Everyone played 1 song except a few played 2. Willie came out at end and finished the show. Can’t wait for tonite. Dave Matthews & Keith Richards were added to list.
  • Options
    A bunch of videos on YouTube looked like it was a great show with an incredible lineup. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Last nite show was almost 4 hours long. Billy Strings kicked off show. 1 by 1 performers would come up tell a Willie tale and play a song. Roseanne Cash and Kris Kristofferson together was awesome.Neil played 2 songs with Stephen Stills and 1 with Willie. Everyone played 1 song except a few played 2. Willie came out at end and finished the show. Can’t wait for tonite. Dave Matthews & Keith Richards were added to list.

Thanks for the reviews.
    And, OMG, you got tickets for both shows?   Awesome!

• Options
    Here last nites full set list. 😎🍁👍
  • Options
    Great on-the-spot review of last night's show here.  I really hope this comes out on DVD so I can watch it (no streaming here, if you can believe that),

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Great on-the-spot review of last night's show here.  I really hope this comes out on DVD so I can watch it (no streaming here, if you can believe that),

They have cameras set up so i’m pretty sure it will be coming out soon.
  • Options
  • Options
    brianlux said:

They have cameras set up so i’m pretty sure it will be coming out soon.

Great!

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Oh man, it's rare my FOMO (or it's not fear of missing out, I absolutely DID miss out!) is this bad! WOW what a lineup and what performances!

Hopefully it was filmed???
  • Options
    https://willienelson.lnk.to/Willie90

Willie's 90th birthday concert available for purchase 
  • Options
    GB281198 said:
    https://willienelson.lnk.to/Willie90

Willie's 90th birthday concert available for purchase 

Great- thanks for the heads up.  I guess one of these days I'll have to get a blue ray player.  Right now only have DVD player.

• Options
    With the increase in streaming it might not be long before Blu-ray players become obsolete like the VCR 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Wtf is a Blue Ray?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Wtf is a Blue Ray?

One of these dudes, but I'm not sure which one:
    Blue Man Group - Wikipedia

• Options
    https://blackbirdpresents.com/willie-nelson-90-coming-to-cbs-paramount/

Don't buy a Blu-ray player it's going to be on tv
  • Options
    GB281198 said:
    https://blackbirdpresents.com/willie-nelson-90-coming-to-cbs-paramount/

Don't buy a Blu-ray player it's going to be on tv

Thanks for the heads up.  
    Now for the real shocker- we don't get much TV reception here- sometimes none- and not enough data to stream.   We're in a peculiar little niche of El Dorado County.   Even Placerville, the county seat, often has trouble with internet connections and such.  This place is so backwards its not even funny.  Fortunately, I can access the internet using my android phone as a hot spot.

• Options
    Reminder that Willie's birthday concert will be on CBS Sunday night the 17 at 8:30 Eastern time. Also on Paramount+
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262

wow ty for posting this
    i would have loved to seen this show
    seen willie a few times over the decades
    and where was ed ved for this show?

Ziggy Marley @WillieNelson "Still is Still Moving to Me" 04/29/23 Hollywood Bowl, LA, CA