New Brad album! (And Shame reissue)

13»

Comments

• Completely agree.
  • bigjilmbigjilm Posts: 186
    Anyone else notice the bell sounds that open the new record also close out Shame 30th? To my knowledge they haven't been on any previous release. I still have a copy of Shame on CD from the 90's that has Shawn's manipulated voice at the end as well as one without it and I was curious if they'd include it here. I figured they wouldn't but imagine my surprise when I heard a new ending to the record which doubles as the beginning of the new one.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,154
    Record sounds great! So grateful for this release! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    bigjilm said:
    Anyone else notice the bell sounds that open the new record also close out Shame 30th? To my knowledge they haven't been on any previous release. I still have a copy of Shame on CD from the 90's that has Shawn's manipulated voice at the end as well as one without it and I was curious if they'd include it here. I figured they wouldn't but imagine my surprise when I heard a new ending to the record which doubles as the beginning of the new one.
    Does anyone know the story of that ending? I always thought it was a disturbing way to end what was fantastic and gentle album. I wasn't surprised that it was omitted from reissues, but I wonder what they were thinking in the first place. Why did they like it enough to put it on the record.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169
    Has anyone received the opaque blue pressing of Shame & the pink In The Moment That You're Born vinyl pressings?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    demetrios said:
    Has anyone received the opaque blue pressing of Shame & the pink In The Moment That You're Born vinyl pressings?
    I have the opaque blue (indie store edition) for Shame. Plays flat. Sounds great.

My record store sent me a message yesterday that they just got my Pink "In the Moment..." in after a slight delay. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    Just received my Pink from Easy Street.  Haven't played it yet, but it was already unsealed when I got it.  Probably because they sent me a signed copy!!!!  I ordered mine on Sunday.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula
    AO253126 said:
    bigjilm said:
    Does anyone know the story of that ending? I always thought it was a disturbing way to end what was fantastic and gentle album. I wasn't surprised that it was omitted from reissues, but I wonder what they were thinking in the first place. Why did they like it enough to put it on the record.
    IIRC, Shawn once told me after a show that he didn't like it either and didn't want to include it but said Stone wanted to so they did. I think it was only on the original Epic CD version and nothing else. I'll have to check my cassette to see if it's there as well.  

I just thought it was cool to end the reissue the same way the started the new record. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    TA243471 said:
    Just received my Pink from Easy Street.  Haven't played it yet, but it was already unsealed when I got it.  Probably because they sent me a signed copy!!!!  I ordered mine on Sunday.
    Wow, congratulations! 
    TA243471 said:

Whoa!!! Sweet score!
    LukinFan said:
    demetrios said:
    I have the opaque blue (indie store edition) for Shame. Plays flat. Sounds great.

My record store sent me a message yesterday that they just got my Pink "In the Moment..." in after a slight delay. 

Cool. I'm still waiting on those indie record store releases. 
    edited August 2023

Brad – Shame (1993) - New LP Record 2023 Brad LLC Opaque Blue Vinyl - Alternative Rock

Regular price $32.99

https://www.shugarecords.com/products/brad-shame-1993-new-lp-record-2023-brad-llc-opaque-blue-vinyl-alternative-rock
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    bigjilm said:
    AO253126 said:
    bigjilm said:
    IIRC, Shawn once told me after a show that he didn't like it either and didn't want to include it but said Stone wanted to so they did. I think it was only on the original Epic CD version and nothing else. I'll have to check my cassette to see if it's there as well.  

I just thought it was cool to end the reissue the same way the started the new record. 
    Thanks! That CD is the version that I came to know and love after picking it up as a cutout for $1 at a local store not too long after it was released. It kind of opened my eyes to how good a side project could be, but I think Shawn's vocals set that bar incredibly high. It's still my favorite Brad album and I think my favorite Pearl Jam "side project" album. Mad Season is a very close second. Closer than the USWNT came to advancing yesterday.
    AO253126 said:
    bigjilm said:
    AO253126 said:
    bigjilm said:

Thanks! That CD is the version that I came to know and love after picking it up as a cutout for $1 at a local store not too long after it was released. It kind of opened my eyes to how good a side project could be, but I think Shawn's vocals set that bar incredibly high. It's still my favorite Brad album and I think my favorite Pearl Jam "side project" album. Mad Season is a very close second. Closer than the USWNT came to advancing yesterday.
    Just checked my cassette and the manipulated voice is there too, so I imagine it was on all the original issues and then removed from all reissues.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    TA243471 said:
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer person!  Congrats, man! Hope all is well.
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    TA243471 said:
    Just curious, did you request/hint at a signed copy when you ordered?  I wondered if they might have a few left from the in-store event. But sadly, my copy from them was pristine and unopened. Didn't see anything about a possible signed option in the order process, just hoped. When I saw your post, I thought darn, it wasn't an unreasonable wish! Congrats!
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    No. I just happened to order it on Sunday because I forgot to do it sooner, and saw the posts on this thread about the Pink vinyl. I knew that I had missed the signing, but couldn't fit that, and the Rockfords show all into the same day, since my wife worked until 3pm that day.  Also got one of the Band Signed posters from the Rockford show that night.  Ended up being a pretty good weekend for me!!!
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    Definitely 👍!
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,381
    Received a signed copy from Easy Street that I ordered after seeing someone in here get one. Don't recall it saying limited number of signed copies when I ordered, but super stoked.

Canada

Brad - In The Moment That You're Born (Pink) $39.99 CDN https://lenoise.ca/products/brad-in-the-moment-that-youre-born-pink

Brad - Shame (Coloured) $44.99 CDN https://lenoise.ca/products/brad-shame-coloured

https://shop.horizonrecords.net/UPC/793227078654

In The Moment That You're Born pink & white vinyl editions are selling out at many record stores.

Thank you Good Records To Go. They came through. :)