Credit card declined 4th charge due to suspicious activity. Lost tickets?

I initially got tickets to both nights in Chicago. After the reassignment, the second charge was declined because it was the 4th charge for the same amount in 2 days. I suppose I’ve lost those tickets? I emailed tickets today, but looking like the whole reassignment thing really screwed me. 
8/17/98 Noblesville, IN; 9/6/98 Knoxville, TN; 4/21/03 Lexington, KY; 6/24/03 Columbus, OH; 10/2/04 Toledo, OH; 6/14/08 Bonnaroo; 5/7/10 Noblesville, IN; 9/22/12 Atlanta, GA; 10/1/14 Cincinnati, OH; 10/3/14 St. Louis, MO; 6/11/16 Bonnaroo; 4/26/16 Lexington, KY; Chicago 8/18/18: Chicago 8/20/18; St. Louis 9/18/22

Comments

• JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    Go back to read ten club instructions.  If i recall they said if declined ticketstoday would contact you unless it was declined due to lack of funds.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• JWindmillJWindmill Posts: 17
    JB56195 said:
    Go back to read ten club instructions.  If i recall they said if declined ticketstoday would contact you unless it was declined due to lack of funds.
    Interesting. Hope I hear from them. 
    8/17/98 Noblesville, IN; 9/6/98 Knoxville, TN; 4/21/03 Lexington, KY; 6/24/03 Columbus, OH; 10/2/04 Toledo, OH; 6/14/08 Bonnaroo; 5/7/10 Noblesville, IN; 9/22/12 Atlanta, GA; 10/1/14 Cincinnati, OH; 10/3/14 St. Louis, MO; 6/11/16 Bonnaroo; 4/26/16 Lexington, KY; Chicago 8/18/18: Chicago 8/20/18; St. Louis 9/18/22
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    In my case, I used a card that had a zero balance, but only had a $900 limit.  So I got confirmed for the 2 shows and then initially charged for the $661 for the 2 shows.  However, I have not gotten my reassignemnt, and I suspect it's because I dont have enough credit, as they didnt refund me. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    edited April 2023
    Vedd Hedd said:
    In my case, I used a card that had a zero balance, but only had a $900 limit.  So I got confirmed for the 2 shows and then initially charged for the $661 for the 2 shows.  However, I have not gotten my reassignemnt, and I suspect it's because I dont have enough credit, as they didnt refund me. 

@Santos L. Halper, is this something you can look into? @Rubysdad
    Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    I would imagine a lot of people had credit card issues with getting double charged. I was planning to travel and stay in Chicago for 4 days, so not getting tickets to both kinda spoils it. 
    JWindmill said:
    I would imagine a lot of people had credit card issues with getting double charged. I was planning to travel and stay in Chicago for 4 days, so not getting tickets to both kinda spoils it. 
    Agreed.  I hope they are allowed to continue with the purchase and get confirmed tickets. This was not the fault of the customer, this was the fault of double charges.  That should not allow someone to lose tickets, because of their error. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JWindmill said:
    Agreed.  I hope they are allowed to continue with the purchase and get confirmed tickets. This was not the fault of the customer, this was the fault of double charges.  That should not allow someone to lose tickets, because of their error. 
    @Rubysdad
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • pjman75pjman75 Posts: 848
    Such a shame about this, wish there was something more we could do.  Hometown show got ruined by bad business practice after proper financial planning on the part of the consumer. Wish it didn't turn out this way.  Fingers crossed things work out for the best for everyone.
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
    This is just insane to me.  My credit card had a ZERO balance before  yesterday.  But because of the charges yesterday, and the "refund" not hitting my card today, the card seemingly has declined for the reassignment.   I HAD TICKETS yesterday, and dont today.  

Its one thing if I dont get selected for a lottery.  I get that. I have lost out before.  But to get selected, and seats, and then taken away, and not able to use a different card because of their double charges??? This is infuriating. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • regalturboregalturbo Posts: 299
    ^^^ that REALLY sucks
    This is really sh**ty. I suspect the outcome will be the same for me. I’m also curious what the screw up was that caused them to take tickets away and reassign. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 964
    Fricking lame! I would lose my mind!
    The other part that sucks. I cant even make a payment, because it has a zero balance. The charges are pending. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • bigskybigsky Posts: 22
    That’s odd. 

I had a different kind of issue. Notified that I got my GA tickets to St. Paul night one. My card has been charged. That was yesterday.

Now… this evening I get an email that says my charge was declined. I checked my credit card and the charge is still there. It says pending. So that leaves me confused. I followed directions and apparently bought the tickets again. I used a different card just in case.

Who knows what is going on. 😂
  • MarieowMarieow Posts: 75
    bigsky said:
    That’s odd. 

I had a different kind of issue. Notified that I got my GA tickets to St. Paul night one. My card has been charged. That was yesterday.

Now… this evening I get an email that says my charge was declined. I checked my credit card and the charge is still there. It says pending. So that leaves me confused. I followed directions and apparently bought the tickets again. I used a different card just in case.

Who knows what is going on. 😂
    Similar experience!

My bank shows that these charges have cleared today 4/26:
    1. $161.27 - Ft. Worth N1
    2. $161.27 - Ft. Worth N2
    3. $161.42 - St. Paul N1
    4. $324.10 - Austin N1
    5. $161.42 - St. Paul N2
    6. $161.42 - St. Paul N2 (REFUND)
    Total: $808

My bank shows the following charges are pending today 4/26:
    1. $161.42
    2. $162.83
    3. $162.83
      Total: $487.08

I have bank transaction IDs and order receipts for all of this. I emailed them but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to give them my card again. 
    San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • bklee0bklee0 Posts: 6
    This whole thing has been a total fucking bozo show. 
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Yeah, I got screwed by this deal. I have a pay card that I keep just for this sort of thing and mine got declined today because they tried to take the money before refunding the original charge.
    Now I have to scramble to get money put on that card or I'm going to lose my tickets.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • I'm in the same boat.
    Posted this in the other thread, but it seems more relevant here.

Update on my credit card situation.  So the story, I used a zero balance card, with a $900 limit for the original purchase of 2 Chicago shows, total charge of $661.  Got confirmed for both.  Then got told about seat reassignments, and they would charge again for the reassignments.  I never got the refund, so, when they went to charge again, it was declined because of lack of funds.  (If the refund came in time, it would have been fine, but also, I could not make a pre-emptive payment, because technically I had a zero balance, and my card prevents me from making a payment due to the zero balance.)

So, it was looking like I lost the tickets as I watched everyone else note their new reassignments and I was not getting anything.  I emailed ticketstoday/TM and they said, "Sorry there is no way to change your credit card info"  I emailed 10C and they told me not to worry, that in the event of a decline, they would contact me with a link to update.  So I finally got the link late last night and resubmitted with a new card. 

The reason I was confused was because of these 2 things in the original email.  Anyway, my new request has been received and I assume I will know before the Verified Fan sale tomorrow.  Thanks for listening, and also thanks to those who reached out with possible solutions. 

How to Avoid an Accidental Request Decline
    Make sure your credit card has sufficient funds to cover your highest possible total. If you are confirmed but your card has insufficient funds, we will not process your request and the tickets will go to the next Ten Club member. INTERNATIONAL FANS: See additional bank precautions towards the end of this email.

If you are confirmed for a show, but your card is declined for any reason, you will be contacted by Ticketstoday. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    oh, also....my original charges finally hit my original card.  But the refund still has not hit. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    Posted this in the other thread, but it seems more relevant here.

Update on my credit card situation.  So the story, I used a zero balance card, with a $900 limit for the original purchase of 2 Chicago shows, total charge of $661.  Got confirmed for both.  Then got told about seat reassignments, and they would charge again for the reassignments.  I never got the refund, so, when they went to charge again, it was declined because of lack of funds.  (If the refund came in time, it would have been fine, but also, I could not make a pre-emptive payment, because technically I had a zero balance, and my card prevents me from making a payment due to the zero balance.)

So, it was looking like I lost the tickets as I watched everyone else note their new reassignments and I was not getting anything.  I emailed ticketstoday/TM and they said, "Sorry there is no way to change your credit card info"  I emailed 10C and they told me not to worry, that in the event of a decline, they would contact me with a link to update.  So I finally got the link late last night and resubmitted with a new card. 

The reason I was confused was because of these 2 things in the original email.  Anyway, my new request has been received and I assume I will know before the Verified Fan sale tomorrow.  Thanks for listening, and also thanks to those who reached out with possible solutions. 

How to Avoid an Accidental Request Decline
    Make sure your credit card has sufficient funds to cover your highest possible total. If you are confirmed but your card has insufficient funds, we will not process your request and the tickets will go to the next Ten Club member. INTERNATIONAL FANS: See additional bank precautions towards the end of this email.

If you are confirmed for a show, but your card is declined for any reason, you will be contacted by Ticketstoday. 

Just to bring this up again. I have no idea how this will fall in the Ten Club Announcement they just made. 
  • JF116983JF116983 Posts: 176
    JWindmill said:
    I initially got tickets to both nights in Chicago. After the reassignment, the second charge was declined because it was the 4th charge for the same amount in 2 days. I suppose I’ve lost those tickets? I emailed tickets today, but looking like the whole reassignment thing really screwed me. 
    U can call ur credit card fraud dept and explain issue that’s this is normal, probably should call tickets today after and tell them to recharge once fixed. You should get time to sort this out and likely TM will charge decline again anayways so contact your CC fraud dept
    Update. I was able to resubmit my selection. Since wednesday night, it has said "request received" and I have no idea if I have tickets or not.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,693
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Update. I was able to resubmit my selection. Since wednesday night, it has said "request received" and I have no idea if I have tickets or not.
    Pulling for you! You deserve a good result after all the stuff you have been put through this week.
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Pulling for you! You deserve a good result after all the stuff you have been put through this week.
    Thanks! I'm still hoping!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Somehow, I scored tickets.  What a crazy couple of days! got both Chicago night 1 and 2, but this time around, I did not get an automatic seat assignment, assuming they will sort that out with the rest.  

Whew!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,693
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Somehow, I scored tickets.  What a crazy couple of days! got both Chicago night 1 and 2, but this time around, I did not get an automatic seat assignment, assuming they will sort that out with the rest.  

Whew!
    Good to hear, of all of the situations I was reading about, yours was the crappiest. 
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Whew!
    Good to hear, of all of the situations I was reading about, yours was the crappiest. 
    haha, thanks.  I think there were probably a bunch that were in a similar boat. But yeah, its disheartening to have the tickets, then they recharge and it seemingly looked like they were lost.  The original email also stated that if the card was declined for any reason, the tickets would be lost.  But then it said that I would be contacted....which I was not, and then when I asked, on TWO occasions, the TM reps said, "Sorry, nothing we can do".  But Ten Club reps reassured me it would be ok, and it was.  So major kudos to Ten Club for their communications and help. I'm sure they were steering the ship behind the scenes. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    edited May 2023
    I’ve emailed tickets today and received two responses from them that simply said the transaction was declined and there’s nothing they will do. I copied tickets@tenclub in the email chain and they’ve never responded. I’m kind of disheartened that Ten Club caused this and won’t even respond. 

Edit: just now I got a charge and email confirmation for the show, so I guess someone at Ten Club took care of it. 
    Post edited by JWindmill on