Did anyone get reserved seats that selected GA/Reserved?

2»

Comments

• I agree that with everyone saying if you selected GA/Res you went in with the thought process that you were entered equally for GA and Reserved. That appears to not have happened as all my selections were that and received none. It seems redundant to have to say GA/reserved AND reserved. 
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there...."
  • Hagrid7575Hagrid7575 Posts: 184
    Yes
    STP Night 2

Night 1 (first priority) got GA
    Night 2 (second priority) got reserved seats 

All boxes were checked in both cases 
  • YamriderYamrider Posts: 63
    Selected GA/Reserved only and left Reserved unchecked.
    At Austin both nights got reserved seats night 1 and GA night 2.
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    I put GA and Reserved for Austin 1 and got really bad Reserved seats but I’m in the building. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,835
    3 entries for GA/Reserved.  Won GA once, and reserved twice.  Did not check reserved only.
  • mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 148
    3 entries for GA/Reserved.  Won GA once, and reserved twice.  Did not check reserved only.
    And what shows? Texas?
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,448
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Your hypothesis is 100% correct.  If a person only selected ga/res and NOT also reserved, if they didn’t hit ga tix for the show they had zero chance at reserved seats for that show.  They were eliminated from any tickets to the show.  It was explained that they would still have entry in reserved seats, but this didn’t happen.  Texas shows are the exception.  Both chicagos and Indy and also likely St. Paul 1.   Ultimately it should have remained GA only and reserved only as the options because this is how it was treated. This is the problem many have touched on.  I can’t find examples to say otherwise. 
    This happened to me, I understood that it was going to be enough to select GA & Reserved. It makes no sense to have to mark both options "GA & Reserved" and "Reserved". The conclusion... I have no tickets for any show I requested.
    I’m not saying the logic made sense, but on the submission page didn’t it explicitly say to choose both options for best chances? Why take the risk of NOT choosing both?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,294
    Good! This should refute all the stupid comments that it was SO obvious that we should have selected GA/Reserved AND Reserved.

Selecting GA/Reserved and Reserved seems like going to a restaurant and ordering a cheeseburger and then asking if you can get cheese on it. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Your hypothesis is 100% correct.  If a person only selected ga/res and NOT also reserved, if they didn’t hit ga tix for the show they had zero chance at reserved seats for that show.  They were eliminated from any tickets to the show.  It was explained that they would still have entry in reserved seats, but this didn’t happen.  Texas shows are the exception.  Both chicagos and Indy and also likely St. Paul 1.   Ultimately it should have remained GA only and reserved only as the options because this is how it was treated. This is the problem many have touched on.  I can’t find examples to say otherwise. 
    This happened to me, I understood that it was going to be enough to select GA & Reserved. It makes no sense to have to mark both options "GA & Reserved" and "Reserved". The conclusion... I have no tickets for any show I requested.
    I’m not saying the logic made sense, but on the submission page didn’t it explicitly say to choose both options for best chances? Why take the risk of NOT choosing both?
    Yes, it did. People need to slow down and read everything. From the website:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept.  

• mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    max8700 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept.  

But is also said this - Members wanting GA tickets can select “GA or Reserved” and the GA tickets will be assigned at random. If not selected for GA, members will then be entered for Reserved.

this contradicts the need to put in for both.  And it doesn't say Reserved Floor or After all other Reserve selected.  It says Reserved which is identical to the Reserved option. it was realistic to think you didn't need to select the Reserved option if you selected GA or Reserved.  
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    mcatake said:
    max8700 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

But is also said this - Members wanting GA tickets can select “GA or Reserved” and the GA tickets will be assigned at random. If not selected for GA, members will then be entered for Reserved.

this contradicts the need to put in for both.  And it doesn't say Reserved Floor or After all other Reserve selected.  It says Reserved which is identical to the Reserved option. it was realistic to think you didn't need to select the Reserved option if you selected GA or Reserved.  
    It actually doesn't exactly contradict it. If mainly confuses it. I think it's all in how you interpret the part about if not selected for GA, members will THEN be entered for reserved. You could interpret the "THEN" as a reference to lower priority. 

I agree with you in principle - I'm just saying it isn't a true contradiction.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • I only selected GA/Reserved for both St Paul N2 (first pick) and St Paul N1 (second pick) and got shut out. This is one messed up system! Member for 25 years and can’t even go to my home shows…disappointing.
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    mcatake said:
    max8700 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

I am not defending the system, as I was confused as well. But it clearly said to mark all options to increase your chances. That's what I did and I got the only entry (Indy) I put in for. 
  • renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 84
    KV4053 said:
    4/4 on Texas shows.  I selected GA/Reserved on all.  I got GA only on one.
    Same here.  I only put in for the GA/Reserved for all TX shows and was 4/4.  I only got GA for my Priority 1.  Tickets got farther back as the Priority level dropped.

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• know1 said:
    mcatake said:
    max8700 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

It actually doesn't exactly contradict it. If mainly confuses it. I think it's all in how you interpret the part about if not selected for GA, members will THEN be entered for reserved. You could interpret the "THEN" as a reference to lower priority. 

I agree with you in principle - I'm just saying it isn't a true contradiction.
    It confused me to the point were I cancelled my original request of GA/Reserved and submitted again with both and managed to get Reserved at SP N1.  I guessing I'll get reassigned to worse seats now.

I even hedged my bets and entered verified fan presale.
  • mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    max8700 said:
    mcatake said:
    max8700 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

I am not defending the system, as I was confused as well. But it clearly said to mark all options to increase your chances. That's what I did and I got the only entry (Indy) I put in for. 
    I only put GA/Reserved for both Texas shows and received Reserved tickets for all. Reading the board, nobody got reserve tickets in Minn, Chi or Indy if they selected only the GA/Res option. So either Texas was run totally different (and properly in terms of lottery), or people going for Minn, Chi and Indy picking the one option have terrible luck.  Based on how they worded it, there should have been no need for someone selecting GA/Res to also select Res. I get it they said pick all options but they also said losing GA will be entered for Reserve.  I'm sure they didn't mean you will now have 2 chances at the Reserved lottery instead of 1. 

Now, the fact they didn't follow seniority seating in Austin and choosing not to address it like other shows is total BS. There was nothing ambiguous on the seniority piece piece.   
  • go prego pre Posts: 661
    i only put ga/reserved for st paul night 2. i finally learned this afternoon that i have reserved seats. section 105.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Yes

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• yes 
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    1st Priority Show - Picked Reserved - Got Reserved
    2nd Priority Show - Picked GA/Reserved - Got Reserved

why did people select both boxes? still don't get it... seems pretty clear.. 
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    max8700 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

That was for shows that had side and back of stage and lawn options... normal venues have only two options..GA or Reserved.. 

GA/RESERVED means you'll take Res if you don't win GA
    RESERVED means you want RESERVED or Nothing.. (or lawn/ Side/ Back of stage if picked)

If Lawn and or Side/Back Stage was an option at the venue then you pick those and one of the above... 

Thats why it said "to increase your chances"
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,448
    myoung321 said:
    max8700 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

That was for shows that had side and back of stage and lawn options... normal venues have only two options..GA or Reserved.. 

GA/RESERVED means you'll take Res if you don't win GA
    RESERVED means you want RESERVED or Nothing.. (or lawn/ Side/ Back of stage if picked)

If Lawn and or Side/Back Stage was an option at the venue then you pick those and one of the above... 

Thats why it said "to increase your chances"
    I only put in for texas shows. That message was still there.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    P1 - Indy GA/Reserved - Won reserved Section D
    P2 - Chi N1 Reserved - Won reserved Section 105
    P3 - Chi N2 Reserved - Won reserved Section 234

210xxx
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • lazyjc22lazyjc22 Posts: 130
    go pre said:
    i only put ga/reserved for st paul night 2. i finally learned this afternoon that i have reserved seats. section 105.
    Same deal here.  It was the only date I could make work and was unfulfilled until about 2 PM yesterday EST.  Got section 103. 
  • BentheratBentherat Posts: 18
    Put in for GA/reserved for both St. Paul shows and both Chicago shows. Got decent reserved seats for all 4.
    Now, I want to unload the Chicago tix and just spend a nice Labor Day weekend in St. Paul.