If I but too many 10c tickets...

To confirm:

It's possible that my wife (with low 10c seniority) pulls nosebleed tickets, and we lose 100% of our money because we don't want them, the concert doesn't sell out, and ticketmaster drops retail prices so no one in their right mind spends time to learn about some obscure Fan-to-Fan Exchange when they can get much better pricing if they buy tickets the normal way. 

If I'm going to the show anyway, I can become a scalper and bother people on the street to sell my tickets to those who want to walk in with me? 

Now what's the likely hood this happens in Chicago, Fort Worth, and everyone's favorite party nights, Monday and Tuesday, in Austin? 

Thanks for your thoughts!

Drew

Comments

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    edited April 2023
    I would imagine it sells out, and a ton of people here will want them...you will just have to meet them
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,886
    For Chicago, you can sell tickets as normal because they can’t enforce the transfer ban, but if you sell 10c tix above face value they can cancel your tickets and membership.

For the other cities, there is definitely a risk of being stuck with tickets if the show doesn’t sell out.  It’s actually a higher risk than with a normal show because for example if it was Springsteen or the Chili Peppers you could sell for a loss but not lose everything you spent.  Here they offer no ability to take a loss so if someone won’t buy for face on the exchange you’re SOL.

I’m not saying anything about the idea of becoming a scalper on the street.  I’m going to guess that’s not what the spirit of the presale is.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • DZ15838DZ15838 Posts: 58
    Yeah I was just being snarky about scalping. I'll be a scalper taking a loss. Just a little aggravating that you can't take a loss on fan exchange and instead have to hit the streets to do it. 

Info about Chicago very helpful. So I'll be able to email over extra tickets to anyone there I presume.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    All 10C tickets are digital now.  You can't transfer to a specific person only to the F2F exchange. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,294
    If you do have extras, for any show, I recommend coming here and posting about them. Yeah, it may be a little bit of work, but you should be able to coordinate a time you'll release them with someone via DM. Then, you'll know there is a buyer and it is likely someone from here who is a legitimate fan and really ISO some tickets. Getting them will make their day!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    DZ15838 said:
    To confirm:

It's possible that my wife (with low 10c seniority) pulls nosebleed tickets, and we lose 100% of our money because we don't want them, the concert doesn't sell out, and ticketmaster drops retail prices so no one in their right mind spends time to learn about some obscure Fan-to-Fan Exchange when they can get much better pricing if they buy tickets the normal way. 

If I'm going to the show anyway, I can become a scalper and bother people on the street to sell my tickets to those who want to walk in with me? 

Now what's the likely hood this happens in Chicago, Fort Worth, and everyone's favorite party nights, Monday and Tuesday, in Austin? 

Thanks for your thoughts!

Drew

If your tickets are so bad that you can't resell them for face value on the F2F exchange, you're not going to be able to scalp them on the street either (unless taking a big loss).

But Chicago? Yeah, you can scalp the shit out of those and make bank. You just risk losing your 10C membership.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,886
    DZ15838 said:
    Yeah I was just being snarky about scalping. I'll be a scalper taking a loss. Just a little aggravating that you can't take a loss on fan exchange and instead have to hit the streets to do it. 

Info about Chicago very helpful. So I'll be able to email over extra tickets to anyone there I presume.
    That’s what I presume.  I know you could do that for MSG tickets in 2022.  The transfer button worked as normal.  It was blacked out for other shows.  Not condoning scalping but this made it easy for legitimate face value sales between members for example.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • DZ15838DZ15838 Posts: 58
    well I bought too many tickets...
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,154
    I once again applaud Pearl Jam for introducing some additional friction for those looking to participate in the ticket jockeying game