Fan ticket question...

2»

Comments

• rival9500rival9500 Posts: 570
    cutz said:
    Should've just stayed with the GA  only option?
    Yes.  If someone only wants GA and not reserved, then it should be their choice to only go for GA.  If they don’t want reserved then why make them buy reserved? 
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,634
    rival9500 said:
    cutz said:
    Should've just stayed with the GA  only option?
    Yes.  If someone only wants GA and not reserved, then it should be their choice to only go for GA.  If they don’t want reserved then why make them buy reserved? 
    Because the GA only lowered chances of getting a ticket at all! We are very lucky that they do this for us at all, actually HELPING fan club members get into a high demand show. Verified fan onsales are bullshit and long time fans complain they couldn't even get a ticket, let alone at a decent price!!  Springsteen, Swift, etc fans bitched and screamed... so let's all say b THANK YOU 10C AND PJ for doing your best to help fan club members get a spot in the arena at a decent price WHEREVER IT IS!!
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    With this new GA/Reserved tactic, are a lot of people actually going to get 3-4 shows if they enter for them? I feel like no way, with how small the tour is. Or do they have control of that many seats now
    edited April 2023

We are grateful for this...
  • tim131tim131 Austin Posts: 44
    Do we have an idea about the size of the pit? 300 people? 3000? Venue dependant?

Springsteen was very small like 300 to 500. It appears PJs are a bit bigger than his, but venue seating maps can be deceiving!
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    edited April 2023
    Purely guessing but thinking GA/Res option is a deterrent from people trying to game the system for GA tickets.
    • Deters a "GA or nothing" strategy, attempting to use more than one account (spouse, family, friend, etc) will be on the hook for reserved seats.
    • While you can resell unwanted reserved seats on F2F, you won't see that money back until after the show. Betting on more shows than you plan to attend means hundreds of $ you won't have for a while. This could be an even bigger pain for international fans knowing F2F payments have more delays. 
    • Streamlines the fan prioritization process, as 10c probably sees most people who request GA tend to always prioritize it over reserved. Ordering 4 show preferences is easier than 8 show/seat options.
    Seeing the ticketing team is recommending selecting all options, I'm guessing the logic for the lottery per show might go in this order:
    • Round 1: Anyone with GA/Res selected for GA seats
    • Round 2: Anyone with Reserved selected get reserved tickets
    • Round 3: Any remaining reserved seats go to GA/Res that didn't get GA, and also didn't select Reserved
    Post edited by tschav on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,427
    tschav said:
    Purely guessing but thinking GA/Res option is a deterrent from people trying to game the system for GA tickets.
    • Deters a "GA or nothing" strategy, attempting to use more than one account (spouse, family, friend, etc) will be on the hook for reserved seats.
    • While you can resell unwanted reserved seats on F2F, you won't see that money back until after the show. Betting on more shows than you plan to attend means hundreds of $ you won't have for a while. This could be an even bigger pain for international fans knowing F2F payments have more delays. 
    • Streamlines the fan prioritization process, as 10c probably sees most people who request GA tend to always prioritize it over reserved. Ordering 4 show preferences is easier than 8 show/seat options.
    Seeing the ticketing team is recommending selecting all options, I'm guessing the logic for the lottery per show might go in this order:
    • Round 3: Any remaining reserved seats go to GA/Res that didn't get GA, and also didn't select Reserved
    Some good thoughts but round 3 is not a thing. 
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    edited April 2023
    tschav said:
    A waay back post reported that 10c said All reserved go into one pot. Sounds like after GA gets picked all reserved have equal chance, (of course by the priority you placed your shows).

It also means that you could also only possibly get GA from your 1st priority. They will all be given out before Any reserved, therefor zero would be available for Anyone's 2nd choice. This is really going to mix up the pit, I would guess. Idk if this was intentional or just a by product of the new "GA or Reserved" choice.

*of course its always been harder to get GA, but I think this makes it harder to get multiple GAs. Just my opinion.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    Wondering if they would ever go the Metallica route and stream shows 🤔
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    I bet they've learned that the GA ONLY option has resulted in way to many declines, and GA + RESERVE is now going to result in selling more 10C Reserves.  Maximize Sales 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edited April 2023
    dmbolp said:
    I bet they've learned that the GA ONLY option has resulted in way to many declines, and GA + RESERVE is now going to result in selling more 10C Reserves.  Maximize Sales 

It does change things though.  Like, maybe I'll travel to that show if I can GA, but I'd prefer not too if the seats were mediocre.   So could end up with a bunch of people then dumping their reserved on fan2fan because they didn't get GA.

I think I preferred the old way.  You could go GA or bust, Reserved or bust, or select both and get best available?

• dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    DMB/Warehouse did away with GA ONLY many years ago, as they were struggling to sell the Upper sections of arenas and amps.  Yes, having the 3 options; GA ONLY, RESERVE ONLY, BOTH is the best solution for fans, but not for Sales.