Fan ticket question...

Is there a need to choose both the GA/Reserved option, as well as, the reserved option?   I would assume if you don't score GA, you're in the running for reserved and thus in the lottery for both.   I'd think choosing Reserved only, in addition to the GA/Reserved option would be redundant unless you create greater odds of at least getting tix if you choose both.   Anyone know the logic?   I emailed support and they didn't understand the question.   SMH.    Any thoughts or clarity?   Thanks.

Comments

• RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    do you want to go to the show? if so, check both.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,427
    They should of had it where you could only choose one of the two options. Makes no sense to check both boxes and get an advantage 
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,441
    PJNB said:
    They should of had it where you could only choose one of the two options. Makes no sense to check both boxes and get an advantage 
    I’m thinking there’s actually no difference between checking just “GA or Reserved” or both “GA or Reserved” and also “Reserved.” If it were otherwise, it would give people who did the latter an unfair advantage. But I emailed 10c about this and am waiting for clarification. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,633
    They clearly wrote...if you want best chance to get tickets select all options. 
    It's your choice
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    What's the over/under on how often this gets asked?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    It's your choice
    The only person who shouldn't be selecting all options, is the person who doesnt want GA. Correct?
    For everyone else its a no-brainer, just select all options, say a prayer, have an adult beverage, and hope you win. 
    Correct? 

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 769
    Is there a need to choose both the GA/Reserved option, as well as, the reserved option?   I would assume if you don't score GA, you're in the running for reserved and thus in the lottery for both.   I'd think choosing Reserved only, in addition to the GA/Reserved option would be redundant unless you create greater odds of at least getting tix if you choose both.   Anyone know the logic?   I emailed support and they didn't understand the question.   SMH.    Any thoughts or clarity?   Thanks.
    This has been my exact question also. I get all the other options except this. Did you email tickets@pearljam.com? That is what Santos suggested.
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    It's your choice
    The only person who shouldn't be selecting all options, is the person who doesnt want GA. Correct?
    For everyone else its a no-brainer, just select all options, say a prayer, have an adult beverage, and hope you win. 
    Correct? 

that's how I'd do it.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,652
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    Poncier said:

• logan5ivelogan5ive Posts: 470
    Definitely a valid question, and if the odds are increased by selecting both then I think that's unfair and kinda crummy. I've emailed them as well.
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024 - Seattle I & II
    [80]
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,987
    It literally tells you to select all options for best chance at tickets so I'm not sure where the confusion lies?
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas | 2024-08-31 Chicago
  • logan5ivelogan5ive Posts: 470
    jwhjr17 said:
    It literally tells you to select all options for best chance at tickets so I'm not sure where the confusion lies?
    I think the problem is that for those of us who don't want GA, I'd rather not have to select the Reserved option plus the GA/Reserved option. 
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024 - Seattle I & II
    [80]
    jwhjr17 said:
    Here’s where the confusion lies. This is taken directly from the 10c instructions (see the bolded sentence):

GA Pit or Reserved - Standing or Seating:
    GA Pit tickets are standing room only and are extremely limited. To improve your overall chances of getting any tickets to the show, we are no longer offering a GA only ticket option. Members wanting GA tickets can select ‘GA or Reserved’ and the GA tickets will be assigned at random. If not selected for GA, members will then be entered for Reserved. GA ticket holders will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door.”

The bolded sentence seems to indicate pretty clearly that if you want GA, you should select “GA or Reserved,” and if you are not chosen for GA, you are then automatically entered into the Reserved drawing. Thus, there does not appear to be any need to also select the “Reserved” option. However, this appears to be contradicted to an extent by the language on the ticket selection site that you quoted above, stating, “Select all options below for Best Available … Selecting all seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.” This is where the confusion lies. 
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    steven87 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    Here’s where the confusion lies. This is taken directly from the 10c instructions (see the bolded sentence):

GA Pit or Reserved - Standing or Seating:
    GA Pit tickets are standing room only and are extremely limited. To improve your overall chances of getting any tickets to the show, we are no longer offering a GA only ticket option. Members wanting GA tickets can select ‘GA or Reserved’ and the GA tickets will be assigned at random. If not selected for GA, members will then be entered for Reserved. GA ticket holders will receive early entry at a predetermined GA only door.”

The bolded sentence seems to indicate pretty clearly that if you want GA, you should select “GA or Reserved,” and if you are not chosen for GA, you are then automatically entered into the Reserved drawing. Thus, there does not appear to be any need to also select the “Reserved” option. However, this appears to be contradicted to an extent by the language on the ticket selection site that you quoted above, stating, “Select all options below for Best Available … Selecting all seat preferences will increase your chances of getting tickets.” This is where the confusion lies. 
    Right! This is how I read it on both sites. If was not selected for GA then I might have a chance for seated after that because I am still a fan and at least I am there. I don’t need to be front row. 

I guess they feel they needed to make an option for those who just wanted seated tix. 🤔
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
    Okay folks I just got a response from 10c regarding this issue:

“Sorry for the confusion. If you are looking to maximize your chances of getting in the building, we strongly encourage you to select both options. If you don't get GA, you will then be entered for reserved. Your odds do not decrease by selecting both. Hope this helps!”

So it sounds like if you want to maximize your chances of getting into the building, you should select both “GA or Reserved” also also “Reserved.”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    It's almost like they think GA and Reserved are separate options. So weird. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    It's almost like they think GA and Reserved are separate options. So weird. 
    It does seem a little strange, but if that’s the way they’re interpreting it, who am I to question it? If they’re strongly encouraging us to select both options, then it’s probably best to go ahead and do it. Time to go resubmit my entries. 
    It is a pretty broken system if clicking GA/reserved as well as just reserved gets you better chances to get in for reserved.
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    So I wonder if someone is checking if you get selected for both options how that goes down. They must have some algorithm. 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
    steven87 said:
    Okay folks I just got a response from 10c regarding this issue:

“Sorry for the confusion. If you are looking to maximize your chances of getting in the building, we strongly encourage you to select both options. If you don't get GA, you will then be entered for reserved. Your odds do not decrease by selecting both. Hope this helps!”

So it sounds like if you want to maximize your chances of getting into the building, you should select both “GA or Reserved” also also “Reserved.”
    I think its still not clear if they mean that choosing "GA or Reserved" = selecting both options,
    OR if choosing
    "GA or Reserved" PLUS "Reserved" = selecting both options.

Since both options are already contained in "GA or Reserved", its hard to precisely determine which "both" they are indicating.
  • utpaldesaiutpaldesai Posts: 28
    edited April 2023
    PJ fans are getting old, some fans (or their partners) may not like the idea of GA.

Post edited by utpaldesai on
    edited April 2023
    Not to put the cart before the horse, but if someone with a Very low number Only wants GA, and gets a Very good reserve instead, PM me 😉. Maybe we can coordinate on f2f.

Sorry to be shamefully premature 🥴 🙄 !
    But I'm sure there will be many others posting the same before long.

*I would like GA, but realize how limited that is, and would be thrilled with really good reserved as well.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • cmcardcmcard Posts: 86
    Took me forever to get card to go through. Had to change to an older address and worked.  I didn’t get the “1 dollar hold”. Anyone else not get one? 
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    It's your choice
    Correct? 

Yes.  This is correct.
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    PJNB said:
    It is a pretty broken system if clicking GA/reserved as well as just reserved gets you better chances to get in for reserved.
    Doesn’t give you better chance on Reserved.

it’s the fact that you’re trying for GA first then entered for Reserved if you don’t win.

there’s no advantage for Reserved vs those wgo only entered for Reserved, just more than one shot on goal for two types of tickets (GA and Reserved).
    Doug87 said:
    PJNB said:

it’s the fact that you’re trying for GA first then entered for Reserved if you don’t win.

there’s no advantage for Reserved vs those wgo only entered for Reserved, just more than one shot on goal for two types of tickets (GA and Reserved).
    I agree with you but that’s not how they are wording it when people are inquiring. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Should've just stayed with the GA  only option?
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:
    Doug87 said:
    PJNB said:

I agree with you but that’s not how they are wording it when people are inquiring. 
    PJNB is right. 
    That is logically how it should be, but the wording of the answers given when several have asked them for clarification, could be seen as contradicting that.

They consistently say to select both "options" to maximize your chances.
    But option #1 already contains both options.

They need to specifically say that you need to select "GA and Reserved" AND "Reserved" to maximize your chances, OR "GA and Reserved" ALONE already maximizes your chances.

Language is a tricky thing. We all just want to get it right.
    I don't think they realize they are being imprecise, because they already know the correct answer.

Sorry this sounds so tedious, when its s'posed to be just fun 😆 !
    Post edited by OfThePearl on