Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,361
    Gigaton and accompanying 2020 Tour starting in March 2020 was announced on 1/13/20

I think they know that they need a little more hype building and extended timeline now than pre covid

So if new album is Feb with Spring tour… I’d expect to hear something in December between Thanksgiving and Christmas
    hope this is true. if so, the rumors need to pick up!
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,179
    edited October 2023
    Can’t see them announcing Euro and US at the same time. Would be a nightmare with the 10c ticket sales etc with the different ticketing systems. My guess is a fews weeks gap. Wondering if we will see a Euro tour announced in November (was always December announcement but in the last year or two many June/July tours have been announced in late Nov). Then US in early-mid December 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Gigaton and accompanying 2020 Tour starting in March 2020 was announced on 1/13/20

I think they know that they need a little more hype building and extended timeline now than pre covid

So if new album is Feb with Spring tour… I’d expect to hear something in December between Thanksgiving and Christmas
    I don't think they've ever made a domestic announcement in that window.
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Can’t see them announcing Euro and US at the same time. Would be a nightmare with the 10c ticket sales etc with the different ticketing systems. My guess is a fews weeks gap. Wondering if we will see a Euro tour announced in November (was always December announcement but in the last year or two many June/July tours have been announced in late Nov). Then US in early-mid December 
    They usually announce Euro first so that people in NA with FOMO buy Euro tix before knowing for sure there are NA dates to follow.  That was the playbook in late 2019/early 2020.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 648
    Hopefully some reliable Euro leaks will come soon so we can get ahead of the hotel bookings.
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    Hopefully some reliable Euro leaks will come soon so we can get ahead of the hotel bookings.
    We need Dimitris to do his clues and teasers again
  • Options
    drfox said:
    matt84 said:
    We need Dimitris to do his clues and teasers again
    I believe he is retired from that.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819

Rumours were circulating in November of 2019
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Proper shows in Lisbon, Dublin, Edinburgh, Finland, and Greece need to happen if Europe is a go
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Among my wishes:

Alpine Valley
    Wintrust Arena Chicago (Wont happen)
    Grand Rapids Van Andel Arena (Well, this did happen and is about the same size as Wintrust....but yeah, in Chicago it would prob be the UC)

NOT Wrigley. 

Would love to see the Gorge get on the tour list, or at least some shows in Seattle.  Not saying I could go to those, but would be good to see. 

Just give me some weekend dates.  Weekdays are rough. 
    You will get Chicago. But it’s Wrigley!
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 298
    With Tester being up for reelection you can almost guarantee a Missoula show.  Right?
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24
    Noblesville 8-26-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Sounds like PJ at the baseball stadiums is a real possibility again next year. At least Fenway and Wrigley again 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    the perfect europan tour for me would be : 

start the tour in Lisbon then Madrid, 2 shows at Ziggo Dome in netherlands and then a show in italy a few days before July 11st.

i´ll be in rome from july 11st to july 15th to see coldplay (july 12nd and july 13rd)
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,758
    just_one said:

start the tour in Lisbon then Madrid, 2 shows at Ziggo Dome in netherlands and then a show in italy a few days before July 11st.

i´ll be in rome from july 11st to july 15th to see coldplay (july 12nd and july 13rd)
    Not to shit on your wish list but I really hope Amsterdam is missed this time around. They have been so luck over the years and have probably had more shows than any other city bar the likes of Chicago, LA etc. I really hope they play the countries that have been missed over and over again.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:

Not to shit on your wish list but I really hope Amsterdam is missed this time around. They have been so luck over the years and have probably had more shows than any other city bar the likes of Chicago, LA etc. I really hope they play the countries that have been missed over and over again.

This tour needs to go to a few places like Ireland, Scotland or Wales, Norway or Finland, Croatia etc. I think they should do a Netherlands show given the number of Dutch fans, though should be at somewhere like Rotterdam or Eindhoven for a change. Similarly the England shows should be in Manchester or Leeds instead of London, and German shows in somewhere like Munich or Cologne instead of Berlin. 

Post edited by drfox on
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:

This tour needs to go to a few places like Ireland, Scotland or Wales, Norway or Finland, Croatia etc. I think they should do a Netherlands show given the number of Dutch fans, though should be at somewhere like Rotterdam or Eindhoven for a change. Similarly the England shows should be in Manchester or Leeds instead of London, and German shows in somewhere like Munich or Cologne instead of Berlin. 

Agree about different places plenty new venues opened that they haven't played like the one in Manchester 
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:

Agree about different places plenty new venues opened that they haven't played like the one in Manchester 
    Agree I have a really strong feeling they’ll play the Co-Op live on their next tour 
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 808
    Is all the speculation about a February album and 3-leg tour based on a single FB post or is there a more concrete rumor?
  • Options
    danofun said:
    Is all the speculation about a February album and 3-leg tour based on a single FB post or is there a more concrete rumor?
    Based on two posts, the one the other day and also one from a few weeks ago from a different person which said a similar thing. Copy below. It’s a handful of page back

• Options
    Leeds was very good 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 409
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:

I agree with you in principle. However, in view of the crying and disappointed fans in front of the venues in Vienna, Prague and Amsterdam in 2022, it would have a bitter taste to skip these cities or their immediate surroundings on their next European tour.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    (Off topic regarding venues!)
    I would love them to play the Eden Project! 

In all seriousness I completely get the calls for other places but I guess we’ve to look at money and logistics. If they are going to do fewer shows they need to do larger venues. If we base that on 15k capacity (care of Wikipedia) you’re looking at Aberdeen, Birmingham, London and Manchester in the UK. So yes, four places. 
    (My utter annoyance - 
    People often seem to forget that there is a south western bit of England who also like gigs. London at 6 hours away is still the closest city for ‘big’ gigs. People at other reaches of the UK are not the only ones who have to travel, you can still be within England!) 

We would love them to do smaller venues, as MK bowl was low in ticket sales that might have helped but Hyde Park wasn’t. Will they go that park format, effectively playing day events with them topping the bill. 

As far as European shows, I think make up shows would be a nice gesture. Amsterdam, well they love it. They use it as a rehearsal space before tour. It’s a great venue. I can see why they do, and it’s easy to get to by all forms of transport. 

Rotterdam, Hamburg, Cologne, Malmo, Athens, Zagreb all have arenas with over 15k capacity 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,906
    drfox said:
    Kearn5y said:
    just_one said:

If they do play Scotland will have to take the wife there. :) 
  • Options
    I’d honestly be shocked if Scotland doesn’t get a show this time around.
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    Why ? It's been 23 years and counting doubt next year will be any different although I hope it is
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    Why ? It's been 23 years and counting doubt next year will be any different although I hope it is
    Didn’t realise it was actually that long! Guess I won’t be surprised in that case.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,569
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Among my wishes:

Alpine Valley
    Wintrust Arena Chicago (Wont happen)
    Grand Rapids Van Andel Arena (Well, this did happen and is about the same size as Wintrust....but yeah, in Chicago it would prob be the UC)

NOT Wrigley. 

Would love to see the Gorge get on the tour list, or at least some shows in Seattle.  Not saying I could go to those, but would be good to see. 

Just give me some weekend dates.  Weekdays are rough. 
    You will get Chicago. But it’s Wrigley!
    probably
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Sounds like PJ at the baseball stadiums is a real possibility again next year. At least Fenway and Wrigley again 
    I'd be willing to bet against them playing Chicago again next year after having just played Chicago!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,494
    I'd be willing to bet against them playing Chicago again next year after having just played Chicago!
    If they book it (Wrigley), we will come...
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 863
    For the love of god, no more sports themed posters!  (Coming from a HS and collegiate athlete)
This discussion has been closed.