Options

*** the DONALD J TRUMP IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED FELON thread ***

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,403
    mickeyrat said:
    he will just throw a ball onto the green and say he hit it there.
    Not on the green...in the hole.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,489
    mickeyrat said:
    Just like that great healthcare plan! Idiots are still waiting for it 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,253
    mrussel1 said:
    You're lucky russ. I never thought I'd have a bad knee, yet there it is. No more GA for me :(
    Oh my knee is bad.  I have a torn ACL as we speak.  It's the third time I've torn it.  Tore the original, tore the patella replacement and the cadaver.  But the arthritis is so bad that they won't do another one.  I have to wait for a replacement, and I'm at least a decade too young for that.  I will tell you that golf is not terrible on the knee.   I can't torque anymore, but I still walk 18 twice a weekend.  Standing in one place in GA is bad though.  It gets super tight. 

What's your knee issue?

Wow, sorry to hear that. I tore meniscus three months ago and big issue is buckling. So once I bend knee a little it wants to give. Also plenty of arthritis. Luckily no pain. PT is making legs stronger which is helpful.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    mrussel1 said:
    You're lucky russ. I never thought I'd have a bad knee, yet there it is. No more GA for me :(
    Oh my knee is bad.  I have a torn ACL as we speak.  It's the third time I've torn it.  Tore the original, tore the patella replacement and the cadaver.  But the arthritis is so bad that they won't do another one.  I have to wait for a replacement, and I'm at least a decade too young for that.  I will tell you that golf is not terrible on the knee.   I can't torque anymore, but I still walk 18 twice a weekend.  Standing in one place in GA is bad though.  It gets super tight. 

What's your knee issue?

Wow, sorry to hear that. I tore meniscus three months ago and big issue is buckling. So once I bend knee a little it wants to give. Also plenty of arthritis. Luckily no pain. PT is making legs stronger which is helpful.
    They don't want to do an arthroscopy?  If they offer, you should do it.  That's a nothing procedure and you'll feel great in two weeks, standing GA at Ohana. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What's your knee issue?

They don't want to do an arthroscopy?  If they offer, you should do it.  That's a nothing procedure and you'll feel great in two weeks, standing GA at Ohana. 

Ohana! Dr said arthroscopy would relieve any pain but not help w instability in my situation. I’m definitely going to get a second opinion on that down the road, but happy PT is helping so far.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What's your knee issue?

Ohana! Dr said arthroscopy would relieve any pain but not help w instability in my situation. I’m definitely going to get a second opinion on that down the road, but happy PT is helping so far.
    your doctor is correct. the meniscus helps with stability of the knee, and if you take more and more out via arthroscopy, your instability will remain or could get worse. the research shows that arthroscopic "clean ups" help temporarily for pain, but long term are not as effective as we want them to be. at our age pt is probably the best course of action until your arthritis is bad enough for a total knee. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What's your knee issue?

your doctor is correct. the meniscus helps with stability of the knee, and if you take more and more out via arthroscopy, your instability will remain or could get worse. the research shows that arthroscopic "clean ups" help temporarily for pain, but long term are not as effective as we want them to be. at our age pt is probably the best course of action until your arthritis is bad enough for a total knee. 
    Good info.  Thanks.  I've had multiple scopes in both knees and you're making me second guess it now. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What's your knee issue?

Thanks gimme. Glad I saw your old comments in the tennis elbow thread recently, so I understand your background. PT has been terrific, over the past few mos, I added a lot of weight to my leg presses and TKEs, I am at the point where maintaining weights lifted is optimal for now. But PT takes time. I’ll probably join a gym when the insurance co pulls the plug on PT.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What's your knee issue?

Good info.  Thanks.  I've had multiple scopes in both knees and you're making me second guess it now. 
    it depends on what the goal of the procedure is. if they are going to go in and clean up spurring from the arthritis it will help with pain temporarily but the body will just lay those bone spurs down again. the body cannot regenerate articular cartilage so it does what it thinks is the next best thing by laying down bone. if they keep going in and removing it the body will try to "heal" it by putting bone there. 

if you have a meniscus tear that is painful and it is in a "white zone" of the meniscus that does not have good blood supply it will not heal so trimming that out is usually the only option. it is like trimming a hangnail so it does not snag on things and stay painful. they usually only take out a small part but if you take out a bunch of small parts in multiple surgeries over a lifetime it adds up. back before arthroscopy they used to just open up the knee and remove the whole meniscus. that was before they understood the meniscus and that it is more important for knee health than they ever thought. nowadays if someone tears their meniscus they try to save it by sewing it back together. but only if the tear is in the "red zone" where there is good blood supply. sewing something with poor blood supply will not heal, so that is when they usually trim it out.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What's your knee issue?

Thanks gimme. Glad I saw your old comments in the tennis elbow thread recently, so I understand your background. PT has been terrific, over the past few mos, I added a lot of weight to my leg presses and TKEs, I am at the point where maintaining weights lifted is optimal for now. But PT takes time. I’ll probably join a gym when the insurance co pulls the plug on PT.
    that's awesome! glad it is helping. the problem with pt is you have to do the homework as well and many people do not have time to do it consistently. if you make it a priority you can maintain your strength and function and reduce your pain. there are other options for knee arthritis. if it is just medial or just lateral you can try an unloader brace that will put pressure on the medial or lateral side of your knee to gap it open so that it relieves pressure on the area where it is bone on bone. plus, since it is a brace it can help with stability as well. it is only effective if you have the arthritis in one compartment. most people have it medially so they use a medial unloader brace. if it is in both medial and lateral compartments the brace will not be as effective because offloading one compartment puts more stress on the other compartment so it can make the pain worse in that one compartment.

you can always ask your doc about that. they know your knee better than i do, ha.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What's your knee issue?

it depends on what the goal of the procedure is. if they are going to go in and clean up spurring from the arthritis it will help with pain temporarily but the body will just lay those bone spurs down again. the body cannot regenerate articular cartilage so it does what it thinks is the next best thing by laying down bone. if they keep going in and removing it the body will try to "heal" it by putting bone there. 

if you have a meniscus tear that is painful and it is in a "white zone" of the meniscus that does not have good blood supply it will not heal so trimming that out is usually the only option. it is like trimming a hangnail so it does not snag on things and stay painful. they usually only take out a small part but if you take out a bunch of small parts in multiple surgeries over a lifetime it adds up. back before arthroscopy they used to just open up the knee and remove the whole meniscus. that was before they understood the meniscus and that it is more important for knee health than they ever thought. nowadays if someone tears their meniscus they try to save it by sewing it back together. but only if the tear is in the "red zone" where there is good blood supply. sewing something with poor blood supply will not heal, so that is when they usually trim it out.
    Very interesting.  I've been told on the knee that is currently torn that the narrowing is so bad, it's just bone on bone.  I'm not sure there is much cartilage even left.  He said that's what I'm feeling with the pain, not necessarily the torn ACL itself.  
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,022
    POOTWH claimed bone spurs to avoid serving in Vietnam. Can't imagine his knees are great, given all that kneeling before Putin on the Ritz in Helsinki. Thread integrity and all.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,437
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    POOTWH claimed bone spurs to avoid serving in Vietnam. Can't imagine his knees are great, given all that kneeling before Putin on the Ritz in Helsinki. Thread integrity and all.
    Carrying around 280lbs isn't great on the knees either.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

ding ding ding
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
  • Options

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,022
    mrussel1 said:
    Only 280? C’mon man!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Only 280? C’mon man!
    I don't fat shame fat fucks
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,403
    mrussel1 said:
    When did he lose 50 lbs?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    Is another indictment coming down this week? 

Cheeto Jesus is acting as squirrely as ever. 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,050
    Insurrection Act.

On a side note, Joe Biden is always walking around like his feet are KILLING him.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,050
    "...Not his thing"

HILARIOUS

Don Trump needs to keep Aileen's name out his mouth.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    gift article....

Trump and Allies Forge Plans to Increase Presidential Power in 2025

The former president and his backers aim to strengthen the power of the White House and limit the independence of federal agencies.

• July 17, 2023Updated 7:31 a.m. ET

Donald J. Trump and his allies are planning a sweeping expansion of presidential power over the machinery of government if voters return him to the White House in 2025, reshaping the structure of the executive branch to concentrate far greater authority directly in his hands.

Their plans to centralize more power in the Oval Office stretch far beyond the former president’s recent remarks that he would order a criminal investigation into his political rival, President Biden, signaling his intent to end the post-Watergate norm of Justice Department independence from White House political control.

Mr. Trump and his associates have a broader goal: to alter the balance of power by increasing the president’s authority over every part of the federal government that now operates, by either law or tradition, with any measure of independence from political interference by the White House, according to a review of his campaign policy proposals and interviews with people close to him.

Mr. Trump intends to bring independent agencies — like the Federal Communications Commission, which makes and enforces rules for television and internet companies, and the Federal Trade Commission, which enforces various antitrust and other consumer protection rules against businesses — under direct presidential control.

continues....

• Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    When did he lose 50 lbs?
    Haha.  Fair call!
  • Options

Well, it can get a bit slow around amt on sundays, so good to spice it up with variety, especially when we can learn things…

now let’s chat about indicting the cop killer.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What's your knee issue?

Very interesting.  I've been told on the knee that is currently torn that the narrowing is so bad, it's just bone on bone.  I'm not sure there is much cartilage even left.  He said that's what I'm feeling with the pain, not necessarily the torn ACL itself.  
    yeah with bone on bone the only real solution is cortisone or viscosupplementation until you are ready for a total knee. unless it is one compartment, either medial or lateral, then the unloader brace i referenced earlier could maybe help. the meniscus damage will get worse too because since the acl is blown there is less stability in the knee so that extra laxity just causes the femoral condyles to beat up on the meniscus.

yeah the pain from a torn acl is very brief because when you tear it you tear the pain receptors connecting the ligament to the brain, so once the initial pain from that settles down what you feel is the surrounding inflamed structures that have an intact nerve supply.

• Options
    No way does Cannon rule for the DOJ with a December trial.  I don't know that it will be after the election, but I'm guessing closer to next summer.  
  • Options

• Options