Options

New (non-PJ) Tour Announcement Thread

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
Thought it would be informative to start a thread regarding new tours when they are announced.

Here is one:

https://www.elviscostello.com/were-all-going-on-a-summer-holiday-tour/

Nick Lowe and Los Straitjackets are opening....a great triple-bill!

Comments

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Great idea! Here are a couple I’m excited about:
    Social Distortion: http://www.socialdistortion.com/tours/

and the Doobie Brothers are doing a 50th anniversary tour with both lead singers they’ve used since 1972. I wish other bands could be so co-operative-y. 

• Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 387
    Just heard about Coachella Heavy Metal weekend in October. Radio said they were announcing tomorrow 3/30. Ozzy Osborne AC/DC Metallica Tool plus more. 
  • Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 387

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    Everyone except PJ 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    Nothing of interest for me at all with these multiple band shows! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,523
    Going to try to make the Pixies show in Cincinnati in June. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,523

I miss the "Monsters of Rock" format from the 80's, where you had all these great groups playing on the same day. I know they promoter makes a ton more money with this current multi day format, but man it was great seeing all the heavy hitters play one after another throughout the day!  
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,316

I miss the "Monsters of Rock" format from the 80's, where you had all these great groups playing on the same day. I know they promoter makes a ton more money with this current multi day format, but man it was great seeing all the heavy hitters play one after another throughout the day!  

I remember when I was young going to Lollapalooza's, going, how cool would it be if we had those big multiday festivals they have in other countries.  Now it's, why can't they all play on the same day :)

I suppose too, there were alot more rock bands kicking back in the 80s/90s, and they weren't used to getting so much for playing live shows.   I doubt the ticket price for the festival above would be any different than 3 days than it would be for 1 day, because those are some of the biggest bands left in Rock (and the amount of big rock bands left keeps diminishing).  Ticket are going to be insane for that I would guess?  $1000+?

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,911

I despise festivals, but damn. There is simply no way that I'm going to miss this one. Wonder if there will be more opener bands. Kinda hope not.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options

I despise festivals, but damn. There is simply no way that I'm going to miss this one. Wonder if there will be more opener bands. Kinda hope not.
    If they follow the same format as the Dessert Trip, there are only 2 acts per night
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,911
    Perfect. Have never gotten into Tool, so will show up late for that night. I guess I'm assuming they will go first.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Perfect. Have never gotten into Tool, so will show up late for that night. I guess I'm assuming they will go first.
    Dude they are insane live! 
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,548
    I would take Tool over any of the others. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    Easy 
  • Options
    It’s not even close 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,485
    I am having a hard time accepting that Tool is a legacy act like the others on this bill.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,702

This has to be the greatest line up ever for a festival. Even with one act from each night, it's still an amazing line up.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    I am having a hard time accepting that Tool is a legacy act like the others on this bill.
    They are definitely the odd men out.
  • Options
    If you’re going anyway it’s a no brainer to check out Tool