The OFFICIAL "2013 Was Awesome And We Didn't Know How Good We Had It" Thread

2»

Comments

• 2016 is underrated, as well.  
    Good times.  Wrigley 13 is for sure a PJ highlight for me, as an all around experience. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052

Gotta agree w/ Tempo that 2016 feels in hindsight like it was an end to an era. 

Glad I crammed in as many shows and traveled as much as I did from 2010 - 2016. 
    I did a bunch of traveling in 2013, 16 and 18.  16 was my favorite but I was burnt out by show 8.  By then I'd have heard them all pretty much and then along came Boston, 9&10..  That reignited me right up.
    Fenway 2 in ‘16 might be the 2nd greatest show I saw them play after Hartford ‘13… I go back & forth between that & Brooklyn 2, ‘13. 
    Amen brother.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,980

Gotta agree w/ Tempo that 2016 feels in hindsight like it was an end to an era. 

Glad I crammed in as many shows and traveled as much as I did from 2010 - 2016. 
    I did a bunch of traveling in 2013, 16 and 18.  16 was my favorite but I was burnt out by show 8.  By then I'd have heard them all pretty much and then along came Boston, 9&10..  That reignited me right up.
    Fenway 2 in ‘16 might be the 2nd greatest show I saw them play after Hartford ‘13… I go back & forth between that & Brooklyn 2, ‘13. 
    Agree. Behind the stage at Hartford (likely the loudest crowd I saw) loved ain't talkin bout love, save you, I think alone and f..king up'
    Rail on brklyn 2 (hot damn) I think my first Blooood.
    Fenway...well...that aerosmith song was sick, the stories, oh yeah.. .and playing catch with ev! Couldn't have been better.
    Kind of used up all my shows. Just riding on the memories (for now)

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    The "Evening With" era was FIRE.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,040
    JimmyV said:
    4 of my top 5 shows came from this era: 

Hartford '13
    Fenway 2 '16
    Brooklyn 2, '13
    Denver '14
    Boston '10
  • TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 280
    My gf and I flew over from UK to Portland/Spokane back to back concerts. Loved every minute of the American road trip week… one of the best times ever.
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022 Manchester 25/06/2024
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    Did 4 shows in '13. 

Wrigley, Worcester 2, Brooklyn 2 & Hartford. 

Of all the PJ shows I've seen, Hartford '13 was the greatest... 'something' just happened that night between the band and the crowd, it was magic. Brooklyn 2 also lands in the top 5. Wrigley stands out  as well; another epic experience that will never be replicated. 

Glad I got in as much as I did that year, we'll never have it that good again. 
    I wasn't there, but the boot is LOUD and CLEAR as hell.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    I can't believe that Wrigley rain delay show was 10 years ago. After the show my wife and I could not find a ride back to our hotel so we just started wandering the streets for a good almost hour or so in a not so great area of the city. Eventually a guy driving a huge escalade pulled over asking if we needed help and we hitched a ride with him. 

In hindsight, I am happy my wife and I were not murdered. 
    www.myspace.com
    I can't believe that Wrigley rain delay show was 10 years ago. After the show my wife and I could not find a ride back to our hotel so we just started wandering the streets for a good almost hour or so in a not so great area of the city. Eventually a guy driving a huge escalade pulled over asking if we needed help and we hitched a ride with him. 

We saw the line to the L and just started walking back to the loop. Thankfully I had the foresight to stay off my phone during the delay and still had (barely) enough battery life to use the map to get back.

We got back to our hotel at 4:00 AM. 

We saw the line to the L and just started walking back to the loop. Thankfully I had the foresight to stay off my phone during the delay and still had (barely) enough battery life to use the map to get back.

I am happy you were not murdered as well. 
    www.myspace.com

Likewise... I had enough sense to skip the darker streets, but yeah... we had no clue where we were, if I didn't have my phone we would have to have waited for the L. 

I saw someone w/ the best suggestion after the fact that I wish I thought of in that moment... walk to the next L station in the opposite direction of where we wanted to go, and jump on the train there... we would have had our seats secured before the mob at Wrigley tried to board. Oh well... next time. 

Likewise... I had enough sense to skip the darker streets, but yeah... we had no clue where we were, if I didn't have my phone we would have to have waited for the L. 

I saw someone w/ the best suggestion after the fact that I wish I thought of in that moment... walk to the next L station in the opposite direction of where we wanted to go, and jump on the train there... we would have had our seats secured before the mob at Wrigley tried to board. Oh well... next time. 
    I remember not having much service on my phone. Our plan was to just walk towards Lake Michigan and then make a right and keep walking and we'd eventually get near the hotel. lol. What a crazy night. 
    www.myspace.com
  • MG14345MG14345 Posts: 89

That's exactly what we did. I was like 'I'm not waiting on that long ass line.'
    I looked at the map to see where the previous stop was, walked there...no issues. Got to Wrigley and it filled up.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,192
    JimmyV said:

Indeed it was.