If you could have one piece of PJ gear...

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
What would it be? I mean it could be anything. If you could choose one piece of gear/equipment from what the band uses what would you choose? Me, i think i'd choose Ed's teal guitar (not sure the make/model, although i have heard at one point). That thing is awesome!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• man, that's a fuckin' hard question!
    they got quite much quite cool stuff. i guess i would take one of their guitars
    gotta go
    BANZÄÄÄ

When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs
    So this is what it's like to be an adult?
    If he only knew now what he knew then
  • danbdanb Posts: 3
    one of ed's Audix mics. Not fucking cheap, great mics, hopefully give me some confidence to sing like i should.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Mikes 59 Strat.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Mikes 59 Strat.

Agreed. Hands down.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • I'd like to have Mike's strat, but I'd probably have to go with Mike's or Stones amp. Sweeeet.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Ed's 1996 Gold Schecter Tele. I mean, look at it:

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/gear/images/ev96sche.jpg
    Originally posted by pearlwax
    Ed's 1996 Gold Schecter Tele. I mean, look at it:

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/gear/images/ev96sche.jpg

But you could get Mike's Strat, sell it for thousands of bucks, buy the gold schecter, and have enough left over for a trip to Hawaii and a keg of Guinness.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    lol, I'm not really the sales type. Give me the Schecter and all is well.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Mikes 59 Strat.

Too easy :)
    I see a bidding war.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    Originally posted by JofZ
    Too easy :)
    I see a bidding war.

I'm suprised no one is going after the Les Pauls, they are probably worth much more than the Strats.

To be honest If I can't get the strat, Ed's SG Junior would be another I'd love to have.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    I'm suprised no one is going after the Les Pauls, they are probably worth much more than the Strats.

To be honest If I can't get the strat, Ed's SG Junior would be another I'd love to have.

Nothing in PJ's instrument repertoire is more expensive than his 59 strat.
    Originally posted by BinFrog
    Nothing in PJ's instrument repertoire is more expensive than his 59 strat.

Well, the Sunburst Les Pauls from that era and Stones 59? Goldtop routinely go for above 25 to 30 grand without star power attached to them.

A basic 1954 all original Strat is worth about 20 grand.

Mike's 59 would fetch probably between 50 and 100K I'd think.

Clapton's "brownie" went for something like 400k I think at auction a couple years ago (wow!)

You are probably right as far as value goes I can't think of another guitar in Pearl Jam that would be as valuable with mikes name attached to it because it's his favorite, but generally speaking Les Paul's usually fetch more than the Fenders in the vintage market.

the new "Tom Murphy" aged finish Les Paul Custom Shop jobs are priced at over 10 grand. Personally I think most of that pricing is ridiculous.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Well, the Sunburst Les Pauls from that era and Stones 59? Goldtop routinely go for above 25 to 30 grand without star power attached to them.

A basic 1954 all original Strat is worth about 20 grand.

Mike's 59 would fetch probably between 50 and 100K I'd think.

Clapton's "brownie" went for something like 400k I think at auction a couple years ago (wow!)

You are probably right as far as value goes I can't think of another guitar in Pearl Jam that would be as valuable with mikes name attached to it because it's his favorite, but generally speaking Les Paul's usually fetch more than the Fenders in the vintage market.

the new "Tom Murphy" aged finish Les Paul Custom Shop jobs are priced at over 10 grand. Personally I think most of that pricing is ridiculous.

I bet it would fetch more then 50K. The vintage values are climbing daily.
    The most ridiculous sum ever paid was for Jerry Garcias POS, over $500,000 it blew the doors off the Clapton Layla transaction.

Anyone ever see Vanillia Sky? I wonder what the Pete framed smashed guitar is worth? Anyone know if you can buy one mounted all busted up? :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board

Personally I think most of that pricing is ridiculous.

Agreed. I still love my 2 Ibanez S470 series guitars. They are nothing fancy, but I also got them both at under 1/2 the suggested retail price.
    Agreed. I still love my 2 Ibanez S470 series guitars. They are nothing fancy, but I also got them both at under 1/2 the suggested retail price.

yeah, my favorite Ibanez's too, I was a big Satriani model fan although not being a shredder the necks aren't really my style I like a rounder radius.

Ibanez really makes good quality stuff too. Especially the MIJ models.

The S470's are some of the best working mans guitars. It's got everything you need and it's comfy.
    yeah, my favorite Ibanez's too, I was a big Satriani model fan although not being a shredder the necks aren't really my style I like a rounder radius.

Ibanez really makes good quality stuff too. Especially the MIJ models.

The S470's are some of the best working mans guitars. It's got everything you need and it's comfy.

And they look great too. Very styilistic, sleek, and just badass. Very versatile too: crunchy, metal, funk, you name it.
    And they look great too. Very styilistic, sleek, and just badass. Very versatile too: crunchy, metal, funk, you name it.

exactly, not as boxy as the RG's with a nicer neck. Very versatile. I've seen several cover bands (party music 80's etc) that play S470's because so many tones are available. But we digress.

I'd love to have one of those Trentino Amps too.

We forget about Mike's self professed "favorite" The 60's gibson hummingbird acoustic, though I'd still rather take the Strat.
  • If auction is considered I would take the strat in a second.

But say you have to take the thing you actually want,

I would definately get eds 85 black schecter tele from 2000 tour.
    I love that guitar.

or mayeb an ed mic in case it gives me magical powers of awesomeness.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    If we are selling, 59 Strat... no doubt about it...

Keeping gets tougher...

I might have to go for one of the LPs then,

I don't have a humbucker guitar, Mike's 335 is pretty nice too.
    There's No Code.
  • jdecker12jdecker12 Posts: 41
    I'd be satisfied with just a shirt from the guys. But since that's really not the point of this question I'd have to go with either the 59 Strat or one of the LPs. Eddie's teal SG would be cool too. Ah, who am I kidding, I love it all :D
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    for me it`d have to be either mikes early jeff painted tele or stones les paul with the rat sticker on the scratch plate! id also love jeffs hamer 12 string bass that he used in the early days (the stone/grey coloured one)
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • MONKEYNUTSMONKEYNUTS Posts: 114
    59 straT
  • HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    Are you all referring to Mike's beat to hell Strat?
  • Stones gold top les paul, ya know, that one in the even flow video:D
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Originally posted by mca47
    What would it be? I mean it could be anything. If you could choose one piece of gear/equipment from what the band uses what would you choose? Me, i think i'd choose Ed's teal guitar (not sure the make/model, although i have heard at one point). That thing is awesome!!

Everyone wants the guitars. I have enough of them.

I'll take the Recording truck!:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I'll take the Recording truck!:D

A Midas XL4 and enough outboard gear... ProTools galore... DAT, CD Burners, a few laptops...

A man after my own heart!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    A Midas XL4 and enough outboard gear... ProTools galore... DAT, CD Burners, a few laptops...

A man after my own heart!

I'll take either the Rat Sound Monitors or the EAW speaker arrays

The best home stereo ever. Street Party anyone?
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    Id take Mike's 59 in a second, but no one has brought up Stone funked out strat yet. I have no idea on the year but boy is it FUNKY
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • I would take one of three guitars:

Stone's Fiesta Red 59 strat with the paint chipped off

or

Mike or Stone's early 50's telecaster.
    Makes much more sense
  • That sticker "Skateboarding is not a crime" that used to be on Ed's black tele. Wouldn't want anything else. They've given me enough in terms of years of music.

:)