PJ Concerts - Multiple Night Stand

PJ oftentimes plays 2 nights in a city, but rarely more. It got me thinking about some of my favorite bootlegs - Mansfield 2003, Philadelphia 2009 and Ohana 2021. Are there any other multiple night stands that come to mind that people enjoy? Would you count The Gorge with 3 nights over 2005 - 2006? A geographic leg of a tour in like South America? A run of the baseball stadium shows? I really like the 3 plus shows in one location over a week or so but curious what others think. Happy New Year! 

Comments

• Amsterdam  are always good back to backs 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I combine Prague and Krakow in 2018 into one thing.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,469
    They played 3 nights in San Francisco 2006
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,691
    When they play the same core countries/cities every tour, its sort of disappointing when they then do multi shows in these locations. 
    Kearnsy
  • London this year was basically 1 show over 2 nights 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    They did 2 and 2 at the Gibson Amphitheatre in 2009. I think ACL was in between.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,817
    My favorite three night run was 9/8 NJ, 9/10 MSG and 9/11 MSG.  That was a fantastic three nights.  

The three night run at Jones Beach 2000 was ok, it didn't flow together like the Spectrum run in 09.  Just my .02.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,418
    JimmyV said:
    They did 2 and 2 at the Gibson Amphitheatre in 2009. I think ACL was in between.  
    That was a great run of shows......Jerry Cantrell and Chris Cornell performed with them.  One of only a few TOTD performances ever.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,356
    They played Detroit back to back in 2003. These shows have a lot of variation and have become a favorite for me. 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited December 2022

Damn, 20 years since the Detroit shows. Crazy…Haven’t listened to these boots in awhile. The crowds and/or atmosphere wasn’t the best out of the shows I have been to but I enjoyed them. Looking back, the setlists are amazing. You Are( everyone’s fave), Man of the Hour, Man Trilogy, ect. Hearing both Bu$hleager and Soon Forget on the uke on night 1. The first and second encore on night 2 were special, sounds great on the boots too.

Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 740
    Berlin 2012, 2 brilliant shows
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    They should consider switching up the formula and doing 3 night stands in major markets.  2 nights in an arena and a third night in a much smaller room for Ten Club only.  Chicago could get 2 nights at United Center and a third at Vic, Aragon, etc.  Sure the demand for night 3 would be massive but no one is completely shut out because of the 2 arena shows. 
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 740
    bbiggs said:
    They should consider switching up the formula and doing 3 night stands in major markets.  2 nights in an arena and a third night in a much smaller room for Ten Club only.  Chicago could get 2 nights at United Center and a third at Vic, Aragon, etc.  Sure the demand for night 3 would be massive but no one is completely shut out because of the 2 arena shows. 
    Perfect!
    Amsterdam = 2 nights Ziggo and 1 night Afas Live.
    Rotterdam = 2 nights Ahoy arena and 1 night Ahoy RTM stage
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,072
    bbiggs said:

yah, I don't think that's every going to happen.   If they were going to play a 3rd show in a big market, they could just do a 3rd arena show.. lol.   With the except of the odd promo or warmup show, I don't think PJ is destined to spend too much time on small venues.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    Zod said:
    bbiggs said:

yah, I don't think that's every going to happen.   If they were going to play a 3rd show in a big market, they could just do a 3rd arena show.. lol.   With the except of the odd promo or warmup show, I don't think PJ is destined to spend too much time on small venues.
    Agreed.  It’s just wishful thinking.  It would be nice if they wanted to do that to mix it up and keep things fresh on their end, but at this point in their careers they’re not passing up the pay day from an arena to do a 1,000 person room. 
    bbiggs said:
    Zod said:
    bbiggs said:

Agreed.  It’s just wishful thinking.  It would be nice if they wanted to do that to mix it up and keep things fresh on their end, but at this point in their careers they’re not passing up the pay day from an arena to do a 1,000 person room. 

Especially when they only want to play a limited number of shows.  They want to make them count (ie play to as many people as possible).
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 140
    They played 3 nights in San Francisco 2006
    I had forgotten about this run. Set lists look good. I might have to check out the bootlegs. Thanks. 
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    I loved 5/1&2 2016 at MSG.  Like someone else said of London, I personally felt like this was one extended show over two nights. 
  • Cleveland June1-June30 2023
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,676
    Had a blast at all 4 Philly 2009 shows.

The 2 shows in Toronto 2016 were also great. Mansfield '08 too.

They need to a multiple stand again in New England 2023. 
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 140
    Cleveland June1-June30 2023
    Can I ask how many shows this stand will be? 
  • London this year was basically 1 show over 2 nights 
    I loved the fact that they repeated so few songs between the 2 nights in London, it was a great move and they were on great form. I only wish they'd gone slightly further with it (another couple of songs per night and they'd have hit 50 songs between the 2 shows, fewer songs from Ten would have been good, if they'd wanted they could have done the whole of Gigaton split between the 2 nights)... could have been a double header for the ages.
  • jstu39 said:
    Cleveland June1-June30 2023
    Can I ask how many shows this stand will be? 
    Haha!  We'll give them 3 days off between shows.
    I really liked the Wrigley '16 and Seattle '18 multiple nights.  Over 30 songs, and a fairly low number of repeats. 

The longest consecutive stretch of shows I ever saw were the last four shows of the Binaural tour.  Went to Portland, Boise and both Seattle shows.  What a run.  Seattle II was pretty good, but Boise 2000 was off the charts :)
    3 night back to back to back Pearl Jam shows in Maine would be pretty freaking sweet! 
  • DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    If we're doing dream runs, I'd throw in a three show run for Nashville at Grand Ole Opry, The Ryman (my dream venue to see them), and Bridgestone.  
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,887
    For the 95, 98, 03 and 06 tours PJ played multiple night stands in most major Australian cities (Melbourne - in most cases 3 shows!), Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide). I can only vouch for the Melbourne shows but I attended multiple shows in 03 and 06. Only went to the opening show of 98.

Unfortunately that was the end of multiple night shows. The 09 was stadiums (30k -50k size crowds). The 14 tour was a festival run. 

Haven’t been back since! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    For the 95, 98, 03 and 06 tours PJ played multiple night stands in most major Australian cities (Melbourne - in most cases 3 shows!), Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide). I can only vouch for the Melbourne shows but I attended multiple shows in 03 and 06. Only went to the opening show of 98.

Unfortunately that was the end of multiple night shows. The 09 was stadiums (30k -50k size crowds). The 14 tour was a festival run. 

Haven’t been back since! 

They MUST come back to Australia really soon.
    If we're doing dream runs, I'd throw in a three show run for Nashville at Grand Ole Opry, The Ryman (my dream venue to see them), and Bridgestone.  

That would be cool.

It'll never happen but a run of 3 shows playing all 3 Maritime provinces would be a dream. 
    Kearn5y said:
    When they play the same core countries/cities every tour, its sort of disappointing when they then do multi shows in these locations. 

This is why they need to play 2 shows in Maine this year.
    They haven't had a show since 1996!