Poster Framing Questions

2»

Comments

• I thought I posted this here, but there has to be another poster thread somewhere. I have a blank wall that is in need of some Pearl Jam poster-loving! The only problem is the new barn door my wife and I built. When open, it covers the wall. How do you frame a poster flat? I have about 1/8 to 1/4 inch to play with, but that is it. I thought about sandwiching it between two pieces of plexi but not sure what else to do. 

Yeah man, that's tough. Best I can think of might me to somehow mount the frame to a hinge that you could swing open to the left. Maybe make it so the frame is somehow double sided so a different poster is shown when you open it against the other wall (the wall on the left of the picture above. 

Or maybe you could use matting only (as someone else mentioned above) and just hang 1 or 2 of a lesser desirable poster that would just be there as a blank space filler. That way it doesn't matter if it is taped, scratched or ruined.
    Dude! This is a badass idea! could definitely  put it on a hinge or something. I might look in to that!
    Awesome! Hope it works out, man. I mean...when it's open (to the left wall) you'd see the hinge most likely. But that wouldn't be a deal. How often do you use the sliding door?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • EMiznerEMizner Posts: 111
    Does anyone know off hand if art to frame uses acid free materials for their frames? I’m a poster framing rookie and have read that the UV protection glass and acid free materials are super important
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • EMizner said:
    Does anyone know off hand if art to frame uses acid free materials for their frames? I’m a poster framing rookie and have read that the UV protection glass and acid free materials are super important
    They offer both UV protection and acid free material. I recently used them about 7-8x over the last 3 months. Very happy 
  • EMiznerEMizner Posts: 111
    EMizner said:
    They offer both UV protection and acid free material. I recently used them about 7-8x over the last 3 months. Very happy 
    Thanks!
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024