Dahmer TV series

2»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't care what others think about the series existing at all. It's for some people, not for others. Whatever. I do find it annoying when people form strong opinions about shows or movies they haven't watched, and I think it's strange to criticize people for liking true crime... It is so very natural and human to focus on crime in such a way. It impacts our lives and our psyches directly, so why wouldn't people be fascinated by it?
    I think the series objectively does not glorify his crimes, and focuses on the victims and how the cops fucked up so bad and on how much damage Dahmer did in his life. It is also very well-acted on all counts, and well-directed. I am a huge true-crime buff (and no, I'm not desensitized at all), so of course already knew everything there is to know about the Dahmer case, and still this series was fascinating and managed to come at it from a unique direction.

I don't mind if you quote me or reference me on this, especially since I'm one of the few if not the only person who feels strongly this way.  Even if you were to say, "Brian, I think you are full of shit on this one," I would still think of you as one of my favorite people here. We both speak our minds freely.  Can't beat that.  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    The Serpent on Netflix took similar liberties. Great docudrama by the way if you haven't seen it.

But reading up on the actual guy reveals some liberties taken there as well. Still...the overall story was accurate. Dude was insane.
    Watched the Serpent, really enjoyed it. Dude was fucked for sure
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2