Options

Any of you have a pinch of "technophobia"?

Technophobia, or the fear of technology, is the intense fear or dislike of advanced technology or complex devices, especially computers (and smartphones).

Technophobia is surprisingly common. Some experts believe that we all experience at least a small amount of nervousness when confronted with new technology. In today's rapidly changing world, it can be easy to feel out of touch.

Do you recognize yourself in this? How are you at accepting, trying out and taking on new technologies and technological functions etc. Are you hesitant, or at the frontline?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    I'm not a fan of everything being in a cloud or able to be operated via phone/remotely.  Not a fan of Ring cameras and/or traffic cameras.

I do though, love my phone and it's capabilities.
  • Options
    Me. Im a cave man and proud. I hate tech and not equipped to learn a load of new shit
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    I do love self checkout at supermarket! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    edited October 2022
    I think I have the opposite of this. I can't afford to be up on everything first hand unfortunately, but if I could, I would, and I pay attention to what's happening. I enjoy new techs, and have an intuition about it. I pick it up super easily, feel comfortable using it, and I can figure it out through trial and error and enjoy that process a lot.... I am still on the fence about AI though. Advanced AI could go either way, depending on how it's managed and developed.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
     I am still on the fence about AI though. Advanced AI could go either way, depending on how it's managed and developed.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
     I am still on the fence about AI though. Advanced AI could go either way, depending on how it's managed and developed.

So we are talking tech NOT the eye in the sky yet?

I dig new tech.  That damn VR thing is cool.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    edited October 2022
    PJ_Soul said:

VR is SUPER cool! I had Oculus VR goggles for my last galaxy phone, and they were phenomenal. Unfortunately, I upgraded my phone so couldn't use those goggles anymore. I'm looking forward to when I do have VR again though. Such fun! I didn't even use it for games - I just loved the educational stuff, like visiting Egyptian and Roman ruins and seeing rockets take off from the launch pad and swimming around shipwrecks and shit like that. So cool.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

VR is SUPER cool! I had Oculus VR goggles for my last galaxy phone, and they were phenomenal. Unfortunately, I upgraded my phone so couldn't use those goggles anymore. I'm looking forward to when I do have VR again though. Such fun! I didn't even use it for games - I just loved the educational stuff, like visiting Egyptian and Roman ruins and seeing rockets take off from the launch pad and swimming around shipwrecks and shit like that. So cool.

The only time I have tried VR was at some advertismentparty and you sat down watching a butterlfly while a Volvo was built up around you 

Cool enough. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,938
    I tried VR at a Banksy exhibit. The scene was driving around London and seeing Banksy art on the building. In some case the art came to life. It was interesting. They had you on a swivel chair and you would move the chair when you turned down the streets. During it I really had no idea which way I was facing. I also got a slight bit of motion sickness, but it was cool to check it out.