psst...10/21/2022

Comments

• JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    RS65573 said:
    Thats exactly what ruined ticketing. F5 means whoever doesnt give up gets it, as it should be IMO.

Or whoever has no job / obligations.

Wanted one poster from the one show I got to go to but I'm sure many went to flippers or people who weren't even at the show.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,258
    RS65573 said:
    Thats exactly what ruined ticketing. F5 means whoever doesnt give up gets it, as it should be IMO.
    Maybe on an announced time and day. otherwise its whoever can slack off longest at their job gets it.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Im working and using my phone. Yes I have a job where I can do that, but its a PITA for me too.
    And I went to 1 show, Camden, would trade any of these for Camden.
    I F5'd for 5 days in 09 for all 4 Spectrum shows. Until I got them all. I didn't sleep, I almost lost my job. We didn't even have phones. I dont know, he who wants it more I think is the appropriate strategy. 
  • PJlivePJlive Posts: 469
    JBob87 said:
    RS65573 said:

Wanted one poster from the one show I got to go to but I'm sure many went to flippers or people who weren't even at the show.

That is a pretty ignorant statement. Can't stand this mentality. If it was that big of a deal, you could have got in line before the show. It's not that hard to do.
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • bzouidenbzouiden Posts: 134
    Thanks for waiting until after the morning meetings got both of them.  Have a great weekend Santos.
    Kansas City 1998  /\  Kansas City 2000  /\  Kansas City 2003  /\  St. Louis 2014
    Ohana Encore N1 & N2 2021 /\ St. Louis 2022  /\  OKC 2022  /\  Chicago N1 & N2 2023
    Chicago N1 & N2 2024

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,305
    mace1229 said:
    RS65573 said:
    Maybe on an announced time and day. otherwise its whoever can slack off longest at their job gets it.
    This would be the absolute worst way. We’d get crushed by flippers and their bots. 
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Posts: 1,901
    PJlive said:
    JBob87 said:
    RS65573 said:

That is a pretty ignorant statement. Can't stand this mentality. If it was that big of a deal, you could have got in line before the show. It's not that hard to do.

PJlive said:
    JBob87 said:
    RS65573 said:

How are the 2 related? Being willing to stand in line for 6 hours for a chance of getting a poster (many did and were sold out). 
    Those who f5 for hours probably have more flexibility/fewer demands that allow them to. Nothing wrong with saying that, and nothing against your job if that’s you.
    I’m a teacher, I can’t sit at my desk and f5 all day. I had a break, it ended 10 minutes before they went up. That’s life. I’ll probably end up spending $100 more on eBay or trade for one.
  • mace1229 said:
    PJlive said:
    JBob87 said:
    RS65573 said:

How are the 2 related? Being willing to stand in line for 6 hours for a chance of getting a poster (many did and were sold out). 
    Those who f5 for hours probably have more flexibility/fewer demands that allow them to. Nothing wrong with saying that, and nothing against your job if that’s you.
    I’m a teacher, I can’t sit at my desk and f5 all day. I had a break, it ended 10 minutes before they went up. That’s life. I’ll probably end up spending $100 more on eBay or trade for one.
    There are ways to get posters without standing in the outside line. I saw the Nashville line and skipped it, but got in the line to get inside about 45 minutes early and was second in line at the main merch stand and got everything I wanted. It is kind of a game, and to many, me included, a fun game. Yet there is risk with all of it I suppose. I wouldn't wait for them to show up online if I really wanted one anyway. Two of the three shows I went to sold out right after they put them up. 

Just kind of have to figure out what you're willing to do. I have definitely looked at lines or my time and decided I'd do eBay, which it sounds like you are willing to do. Just the nature of the beast.
  • AF71399AF71399 Posts: 20
    Seriously, can't they just take orders and print some more friggin posters. Why does it always have to be such a PITA.
  • AF71399 said:
    Seriously, can't they just take orders and print some more friggin posters. Why does it always have to be such a PITA.
    Because screen printing doesn’t work that way.
  • PJlivePJlive Posts: 469
    mace1229 said:
    PJlive said:
    JBob87 said:
    RS65573 said:

There are ways to get posters without standing in the outside line. I saw the Nashville line and skipped it, but got in the line to get inside about 45 minutes early and was second in line at the main merch stand and got everything I wanted. It is kind of a game, and to many, me included, a fun game. Yet there is risk with all of it I suppose. I wouldn't wait for them to show up online if I really wanted one anyway. Two of the three shows I went to sold out right after they put them up. 

Just kind of have to figure out what you're willing to do. I have definitely looked at lines or my time and decided I'd do eBay, which it sounds like you are willing to do. Just the nature of the beast.

This, All of this. Thank You.
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • AF71399AF71399 Posts: 20
    AF71399 said:
    Then take orders pre show and screen print all at once.
    mace1229 said:
    PJlive said:
    JBob87 said:
    RS65573 said:

I don’t disagree with any of that.
    I just disagree when you said those with fewer obligations have a better chance was an ignorant statement. If you have time to sit at a desk and f5 all day for several days, you probably do have fewer obligations than most. What’s wrong with saying that? I wasn’t the one that said it, but I agree. And you’ll never be able to convince me you’re just as productive hitting f5 with 1 hand looking at once screen. That’s just the reality of the drops. I’m not complaining about it or saying it’s unfair, just saying it’s the reality. I don’t know if an announcement will be better, guess we’ll find out on the 25th.
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    edited October 2022
    Finding all these comments amusing to read. There are loads of options to get a poster if you try hard enough. Get in the merch line early or enter the venue as soon doors open. Buy a second poster to have a poster to trade. Form a group of friends on here or the FB groups who can help you. Try for the AP drop……

You don’t need to be sat on here F5ing all day. I sort of wish everyone would stop debating and complaining. 10c do a great service to fans selling SEs. Most other bands (Foo Fighters, QOTSA etc) do not do this
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    AF71399 said:
    Posters are not screen printed. They're either offset printing or digital. Probably offset. And yes they can print as many as they want. Clearly ten club has always balanced demand for product, while making sure they don't over-saturate the market and dull the demand. It is what it is.
    drfox said:
    Finding all these comments amusing to read. There are loads of options to get a poster if you try hard enough. Get in the merch line early or enter the venue as soon doors open. Buy a second poster to have a poster to trade. Form a group of friends on here or the FB groups who can help you. Try for the AP drop……

You don’t need to be sat on here F5ing all day. I sort of wish everyone would stop debating and complaining. 10c do a great service to fans selling SEs. Most other bands (Foo Fighters, QOTSA etc) do not do this
    No one said you need to f5 all day. There are multiple options, everyone picks what works best for them. 
    Some people said they actually enjoy waiting in the long lines talking PJ to strangers for hours. That’s not me. Some hope to get lucky on the drops. 
    I know I only have the opportunity to check the site a few times a day, so I can’t count on 10c drops for a high demand posters.
    No one really seems to know how many there are, so you never really know what the market for be. My strategy is hope the poster kinda sucks and the demand is low so it’s easy to get one. That works about 80% of the time.
    Even this Nashville poster that I really wanted, looks like it can be had for about $150. That extra $100 is worth not waiting in line for even an hour when I’m in Nashville for only 1 day, hope it’s there and hope I don’t ruin it at the show. Will probably tell my wife if she wants an easy Christmas present, keep an eye for a decent price on one.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,448
    Sarava said:
    AF71399 said:
    Posters are not screen printed. They're either offset printing or digital. Probably offset. And yes they can print as many as they want. Clearly ten club has always balanced demand for product, while making sure they don't over-saturate the market and dull the demand. It is what it is.
    Wrong. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    Sarava said:
    AF71399 said:
    Posters are not screen printed. They're either offset printing or digital. Probably offset.
    What?!??
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,497
    edited October 2022
    Of course they are screen printed. Sniff one you  can tell.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Of course they are screen printed. Sniff one you  can tell.
    After 30 years of going to shows, I bought my first poster in QC and a couple things I didn’t expect were how beautiful they are in hand and how good they smell when you first get them. I equate it to new car or new baby smell. 😂
  • That smell....to me its pearl jam gig. 
    As soon as i smell that im back at the  show. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,980
    Bingo^^
  • If they made a Pearl Jam Candle that smelled like poster ink I would buy a case of them. It would probably be limited to one though 😩
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • If they made a Pearl Jam Candle that smelled like poster ink I would buy a case of them. It would probably be limited to one though 😩
    😂 and sell out and be on ebay before its sent out.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• RiderRider Posts: 125
    Sarava said:
    AF71399 said:

You do not know what you are talking about.  Please do not make stuff up to justify your point of view.  Lot's people work hard to produce these posters the right way.
    We all walk the Long Road...

Charlotte & Raleigh Lollapalooza 1992, Charlotte Memorial 1996, Tibet Freedom Concert 1998, Raleigh & Greenville 1998, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh & Camden 2003, Asheville 2004, Camden 2006, DC 2008, Atlanta 2012  Charlottesville 2013, Charlotte 2013
     Greenville, (XRaleighX) and Hampton 2016, London Hyde Park, Quebec City and Ottawa 2022, St Paul (hopefully) 2023
  • mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJlive said:
    JBob87 said:
    RS65573 said:

I don’t disagree with any of that.
    I just disagree when you said those with fewer obligations have a better chance was an ignorant statement. If you have time to sit at a desk and f5 all day for several days, you probably do have fewer obligations than most. What’s wrong with saying that? I wasn’t the one that said it, but I agree. And you’ll never be able to convince me you’re just as productive hitting f5 with 1 hand looking at once screen. That’s just the reality of the drops. I’m not complaining about it or saying it’s unfair, just saying it’s the reality. I don’t know if an announcement will be better, guess we’ll find out on the 25th.
    I said nothing about sitting at a desk. It wasn't me. I was simply replying to the point of waiting until posters are dropped online. It isn't the way to go about getting them with how it is set up. Do I wish there was a better way or that people who are actually going to the show could be guaranteed a shot? Sure. But the way it is set up, you have to decide how much you want one at the show by getting in the merch line earlier or planning to get in the venue early or be willing to pay for it after. 
  • I would love it if they offered a presale of posters etc., but it doesn’t appear that it’s a concern for them. It comes down to time vs. money. If you have the time to stand in line (I was there at 6 am for MSG), part of it was talking to awesome fans and exchanging stories. I have met some of the most incredible people this way. It’s hard because not everyone has the freedom to monitor the website or to stand in line for 7 hrs. So then how much are you willing to spend on “The Bay”? I personally would rather stand in line because it is becoming harder and harder to get AP prints that sell out in a matter of 30 sec. I haven’t had much success with those sales anyways. I do appreciate Ten Club rereleasing them, though. I don’t think there will ever be a perfect solution someone is always going to be pissed. 

Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022).