psst...10/19/2022

Comments

• madhat181madhat181 Posts: 372
    edited October 2022
    Braz71 said:
    I wonder what amount of posters they have per show for the website. Under or over 2500? Does it vary per show? 
    Waaaaaay under 2500 available here in the 10C shop, I’d say no more than a couple hundred.
    We figured out like 1-200 a while back.  Not sure now.
    I think it was when some people posted the last digits of their order number and we just did the math
    Post edited by madhat181 on
  • rrancanirrancani Saint Cloud, FL Posts: 29
    sgtppr67 said:
    Braz71 said:
    Interesting I wish it was as standard operating procedure meaning we (10c store) will hold 3K (whatever the right number is) back for online sales so people dont have to spend hours waiting on lines and still get shut out. Which happened to me at Camden. 

Further more not only did I get shut out of the poster I got shut out of the tshirt as well. Went to every booth @ Camden. (sorry dont mean to hijack this thread) Wish other merch besides posters would show up ...
    the right number to the TC is how ever many they need for them to all sell out immediately. They don't want to sit on these in the warehouse any longer than they have to. The fast sell outs reinforce the demand and ensures people still line up and buy their stuff. the system is working as intended
    I have to respectfully disagree. When fans want to buy items but there are none left to buy, that's a missed opportunity. It leaves fans frustrated with the process. It should not be this difficult or expensive(resellers) to buy a poster. 

Open up an ordering window; allow unlimited ordering; have a printer create the copies and ship them out. No leftover items in the warehouse. The artists make more money and the fans are happy. Where am I wrong?
  • JM73055JM73055 Posts: 127
    rrancani said:

Open up an ordering window; allow unlimited ordering; have a printer create the copies and ship them out. No leftover items in the warehouse. The artists make more money and the fans are happy. Where am I wrong?
    people won't be as passionately interested if they are easy to get?

• madhat181 said:
    Braz71 said:
    I wonder what amount of posters they have per show for the website. Under or over 2500? Does it vary per show? 
    Waaaaaay under 2500 available here in the 10C shop, I’d say no more than a couple hundred.
    We figured out like 1-200 a while back.  Not sure now.
    I think it was when some people posted the last digits of their order number and we just did the math
    Yes, we figured out print runs and such for limited stuff, lol.  The bloodhounds we can be.
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    rrancani said:
    sgtppr67 said:
    Braz71 said:
    Interesting I wish it was as standard operating procedure meaning we (10c store) will hold 3K (whatever the right number is) back for online sales so people dont have to spend hours waiting on lines and still get shut out. Which happened to me at Camden. 

Further more not only did I get shut out of the poster I got shut out of the tshirt as well. Went to every booth @ Camden. (sorry dont mean to hijack this thread) Wish other merch besides posters would show up ...
    the right number to the TC is how ever many they need for them to all sell out immediately. They don't want to sit on these in the warehouse any longer than they have to. The fast sell outs reinforce the demand and ensures people still line up and buy their stuff. the system is working as intended
    I have to respectfully disagree. When fans want to buy items but there are none left to buy, that's a missed opportunity. It leaves fans frustrated with the process. It should not be this difficult or expensive(resellers) to buy a poster. 

Artists make nothing from these 10C supplies, they only profit from their Artists Prints.  And artists lose credibility when they continue to reprint poster runs, it isn’t something they do.

If the quantities were “unlimited”, demand would actually decrease and I believe there would be a lot less interest in the product.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Braz71Braz71 Posts: 101
    I agree there is a way to ensure "fans" not flippers get what they want without filling up warehouse. I think the artist could easily print on demand and drop ship eliminating having to store large volumes of prints forever. 

I cant speak for anyone else but I would still be passionate about getting my ONE copy of a poster for shows I went to without having to wait on line for 4 hours like I did at MSG. And, if it wasnt for the wrist band method at MSG I would have been on the Ga line all day and never would have gotten a poster. 
    Artist prints, alternative versions, foil versions - all of those should be limited. Completely agree. But show memorabilia shouldn't be treated as a collectible in my opinion. Not sure how that hurts artist credibility. 
  • Braz71Braz71 Posts: 101
    Agreed Show editions should not be limited atleast not for the following three months. How nice would it be to just goto a show and know tomorrow you can just add to cart?
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,878
    hmmm it feels like this dead horse keeps getting kicked, for over a decade now? lol

I do like the idea of a 1 day timed edition, but that's too much work for them. They sell what they have and are done with it.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

I digress...back to refreshing the shop page every 5 minutes:)  
  • SM187650SM187650 Posts: 770
    Anything more today Santos? 
  • sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    Braz71 said:
    I agree there is a way to ensure "fans" not flippers get what they want without filling up warehouse. I think the artist could easily print on demand and drop ship eliminating having to store large volumes of prints forever. 

I cant speak for anyone else but I would still be passionate about getting my ONE copy of a poster for shows I went to without having to wait on line for 4 hours like I did at MSG. And, if it wasnt for the wrist band method at MSG I would have been on the Ga line all day and never would have gotten a poster. 
    so an artist needs to leave a screen set up to print on demand? do you understand the printing process?
  • dopazzdopazz Posts: 74
    sgtppr67 said:
    Braz71 said:

so an artist needs to leave a screen set up to print on demand? do you understand the printing process?
    Several screens, plus the unique inks for each screen.  Multiplied by however many posters they create.
  • ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Posts: 207
    edited October 2022
    😢 
    Post edited by ham_on_rye on
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    sgtppr67 said:
    Braz71 said:

sgtppr67 definitely understands the PJ business model. Merch for the masses, but only enough quantity to keep us salivating.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,434
    sgtppr67 said:
    Braz71 said:

There are several posters still available for sale so I think your theory is debunked
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    rrancani said:
    Artist prints, alternative versions, foil versions - all of those should be limited. Completely agree. But show memorabilia shouldn't be treated as a collectible in my opinion. Not sure how that hurts artist credibility. 
    It doesn’t.  Not at all.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Really surprised that both MSG and Louisville sold out so quickly. I know they were both big shows in terms of attendance but they didn’t seem like the type of prints that attract a lot of interest. 

Missed out on both of my shows while traveling yesterday and today. On to the Mumford AP drop (?) for MSG and EBay/Lost Dogs for L’Ville. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • tdawe said:
    Really surprised that both MSG and Louisville sold out so quickly. I know they were both big shows in terms of attendance but they didn’t seem like the type of prints that attract a lot of interest. 

Missed out on both of my shows while traveling yesterday and today. On to the Mumford AP drop (?) for MSG and EBay/Lost Dogs for L’Ville. 
    Pretty sure almost every US tour poster will sell out pretty quickly, based on fans here and the ebay market.  
    Most of them are selling for $120+
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    edited October 2022
    I’m really puzzled why these last two prints sold out significantly quicker than some of the best of the tour (eg the Erickson, Gallagher, Grace). It can’t just be because they are US prints because some reasonably nice ones from US Leg 1 (like the Zeb Love) are still available to buy. They are both nice prints but probably not top 5
    Post edited by drfox on
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 575
    edited October 2022
    Fewer quantities leftover maybe or just popularity of show. Maybe combination of different factors 
    Post edited by DE4173 on
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • I can’t figure out why Toronto is still available?
  • DE4173 said:
    Fewer quantities leftover maybe or just popularity of show. Maybe combination of different factors 
    In Louisville case an announced crowd of 41k (I know not everyone there for PJ) and prints gone 45 minutes after booth opened means LITS of folks didn’t get one. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • twhite1221twhite1221 here, there, everywhere Posts: 97
    tdawe said:

The flip factor is a big driver, looking at avg price these are going for.  You can already see quite a few MSG and Louisville prints for trade/sell on EB and Ebay.  The popularity of an artist also makes a difference.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    I can’t figure out why Toronto is still available?
    Probably because it is a Canadian show.  If we are going to be honest most of the posters bought on the web store drops are people looking to sell or people looking to trade.  With shipping costs or someone wanting to trade for more then likely a US tour item it probably makes them less desirable
  • ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    When you filter by "Best Selling", the Toronto is in a higher position than the others that sold out.
    That makes me guess that 10C had more of Toronto available for sale.

Still, I think the Toronto is one of the best of this year, and also would think it would still sell out, unless the 10C supply of that one happens to be much bigger.
  • Its all the  flip sadly 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Agree, in the top 3 of the year for me
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    This is probably my favourite from this leg. Saw it go up, but didnt get a chance to purchase. 
    Kearnsy
    Its all the  flip sadly 
    Sadly I have to agree. It’s also weird how the EV Domaradzki AP took 75 mins to sell out today (fantastic poster in my opinion) whilst the Denver AP just took a few minutes a few weeks ago. Other factors are at play.