03. Invincible
04. The Dark
05. Fallout Today
06. Power Of Right
07. Long Way
08. Brother The Cloud
09. I’m One-(Townshend)
10. Wishlist/Waiting On A Friend-(Jagger, Richards) 26 second instrumental tag
{Ed talks about how musician Danny Long, who had played with Ed’s real father got him some recordings of Danny and Ed’s dad playing in a band.  Danny passed away today}
11.  The Haves
12. Timeless Melody-(L.A. Mavers)
13. Try
14. Mrs. MIlls
15. Chad-O
16. Rose Of Jericho
17. Precious-(Hynde)
18. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break

19. Dirty Frank
20. Isn’t It A Pity-(Harrison)
21. Hunger Strike-(Cornell) Andrew Watt sings Chris’ parts
22. Purple Rain-(Prince) Ed sings verse 1 then Josh K. takes over
23. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Amazing show! 

1st thanks to the dude who complained about me standing in the GA grass section and throwing a beer at me - you got me moved up to the pit.  I haven’t been that close at a PJ/EV show for a long time.  Much appreciated! 

Some thoughts in no particular order: 

the entire band is fantastic - say what you want about Andrew but the guy can play guitar. Chad was amazing on drums, Ed sounded fantastic and josh and chris were awesome as well

RVM - great version of this song with a bit of an extended jam
    hunger strike - great sing along loved hearing this again
    dirty frank - extended jam during this one was incredible 
    band clearly enjoys playing together, everyone seemed to be really enjoying the show
    met Rob - super cool dude
    the crowd was eh - seemed like a lot of people had never heard any Ed solo stuff
    Room at the top to start the show hit home
    after my dads passing this year 

thats all I got for now. Hope everyone had a great time 
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226

A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    Venue was stunning 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2022
    Pgmgwg12 said:
    Venue was stunning 
    I looked at the venue on Google maps and it seemed like a really nice place. How was the parking and getting back to CA-46? It looked like the only parking area was the small grass field in front of the venue with 2 exits.  
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    Parking was free and easy to exit. Great venue! 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    Parking was free and easy to exit. Great venue! 
    Good to hear. Growing up we went to Morro Bay for vacation a few times and took 101 past there. Really nice area. 
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Sounded like a good show.  How was the outdoor merchandise line before the show?
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    That was incredible! Parking was a breeze, the whole thing felt so casual and chill. The venue is TINY. I got a spot on the rail no problem, and Eddie shared his wine with me. I completely lost it when they played "I'm One", I don't know why it hit me so hard but it was amazing to hear. Good vibes and nice crowd. I would definitely go back to this venue if another band I wanted to see was playing. Eddie seemed to be in SUCH a good mood too, it almost felt like we were all partying in someone's back yard or something. So glad I went. 
  • Options
    U2SJU2SJ Posts: 59
    Wow what a show and what a night!!!! 
    We got in line at 545 and they were letting in the first 2 groups of 50. So organized! We were the first 2 to go down after them. We got down there and landed 2nd row right to the left of Eddie. Perfect view!! 
    We had several crazy women try to bust down there but security was helpful to get them out. Everyone was so kind and kept each others spots to pee and get drinks.  
    I loved all the new songs wow! Invincible is my fave on album but damn Try and The Haves were insane and so fun. The band was having a blast together!!! It was so amazing!!!! Hunger Strike and Purple Rain were also incredible. 
  • Options
    U2SJ said:
    We got in line at 545 and they were letting in the first 2 groups of 50. So organized! We were the first 2 to go down after them. We got down there and landed 2nd row right to the left of Eddie. Perfect view!! 
    We had several crazy women try to bust down there but security was helpful to get them out. Everyone was so kind and kept each others spots to pee and get drinks.  
    I loved all the new songs wow! Invincible is my fave on album but damn Try and The Haves were insane and so fun. The band was having a blast together!!! It was so amazing!!!! Hunger Strike and Purple Rain were also incredible. 
    Great pics! I was on the opposite side on the rail, we had a couple crazy drunk ladies too! Security was great at getting them to hit the bricks, and everyone around me was super nice and we all watched out for each other. 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,912
    Looks like a great venue and the set lists are fab! Would love to hear them in person or on a BOOT one day 😉 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    U2SJ said:

----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center

• Options
    Great Photos! It almost looks like where I was standing! I was so happy to be there. My first time that close. The venue was perfect. The band had a great time. The moon was bright! Loved the set list. Perfect night! 
    ----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center

• Options
  • Options
    RocketninoRocketnino SLO, CA Posts: 42
    Was an awesome show - and only 30 minutes from my house?  Too good to be true in many ways.

Brother The Cloud was the highlight for me - rock solid.

If anybody was there and who wants/needs one of the fake Ticketmaster tickets - first to reply, first to get it!  Will mail it to ya for free.
  • Options
    Was an awesome show - and only 30 minutes from my house?  Too good to be true in many ways.

Brother The Cloud was the highlight for me - rock solid.

If anybody was there and who wants/needs one of the fake Ticketmaster tickets - first to reply, first to get it!  Will mail it to ya for free.
    I’ll take it!