Pearl Jam done?

Comments

• jdopj said:
    Multiple friends have texted me asking if Pearl Jam is done touring?
    anyone else?
    Are your friends interested in buying some waterfront property in Florida? 
  • They gotta eat… live octopus on a chartered yacht! (anyone watch Below Deck?)

Hey whatever keeps the shows coming.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    They aren't done. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,983
    Hope they keep going eventually playing tiny clubs so I can get some stuff signed.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,305
    mfc2006 said:
    They aren't done. 
    But the title of the thread says they are? Now I don’t know what to think. 
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    I'm into perpetuating this rumor just to see how long it takes Alternative Nation to write an article about it.
  • My feeling is that as long as all the guys are still alive and healthy enough to do it, they won’t be done. 
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    mcgruff10 said:
    They broke up after parting ways was released.  

I recall this breakup like it was yesterday. It's terrible that they never got back together after that song came out. The depression was real. The depression is real.

I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I feel like Pearl Jam tours as much as the person who wants to tour the least wants too.. lol.

They seem at adjust to getting older by putting the shows back to pre-2013 lengths, and making sure they burn anyone one with overtouring.

I tend to think this will probably let them go the distance in terms of years they can carry on as a band.
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 944
    I hate to break the news, but PJ is officially done as a band. I ran into Eddie at Burger King last night and he told me the news. He is going to become a professional checkers player. McCready is starting a White Lion cover band with Alex Van Halen. Jeff & Stone are going to be a professional tennis doubles team. And Matt is going to become a house painter. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • ZoSoTim said:
    I hate to break the news, but PJ is officially done as a band. I ran into Eddie at Burger King last night and he told me the news. He is going to become a professional checkers player. McCready is starting a White Lion cover band with Alex Van Halen. Jeff & Stone are going to be a professional tennis doubles team. And Matt is going to become a house painter. 

Did Eddie order the Chicken Fries? 
    ZoSoTim said:

I had to sign an NDA preventing me from speaking about what he ordered. Sorry.
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Posts: 414
    ZoSoTim said:
    I heard Pickleball.
  • Hard to believe this. No way he eats at BK.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • ZoSoTim said:
    Hahaha this is great. Gave me a smile on what's been a shitty day at work. Although I picture Ed as more of a Wendy's guy.
  • ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:

I had to sign an NDA preventing me from speaking about what he ordered. Sorry.
    "You can tell people what's happening with the band, but you can't tell anyone what I ordered from BK"

Hard to believe this. No way he eats at BK.
    That's why the NDA was required. Do you really think I'd make something like this up?????????????????
  • Yeah I don't believe any of this either, seems like one big whopper of a lie. 
  • PB11041 said:
    This is not from nutcases?  What kind of cases are they?
    Brief
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,441
    ZoSoTim said:
    🤣🤣🤣 I really hope this ends up on Alternative Nation. 
  • steven87 said:
    ZoSoTim said:

Headline: "What Eddie Vedder Orders At Burger King" 

Article: "According to sources on the 10C forum, Chicken Fries"
  • ZoSoTim said:
    Will merch be available for sale for their new endeavors? If so, where/when do the merch lines start?  ;)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    I like my Pearl Jam medium rare

so NOT done 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,659
    Yeah I don't believe any of this either, seems like one big whopper of a lie. 
    Seriously. Sounds like a Big Fish story.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    ZoSoTim said:

• TinaETinaE Posts: 1,482
    steven87 said:
    ZoSoTim said:

Headline: "What Eddie Vedder Orders At Burger King" 

Article: "According to sources on the 10C forum, Chicken Fries"
    This post made my day 🤣🤣🤣
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • no they dont..we are good to go 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    edited October 2022
    no they dont..we are good to go 
    What a relief.  I thought for sure they had grown tired of an easy pay check and easy touring schedule, that helps provide compensation for numerous employees and funds for numerous charities (not even including providing for their families).
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    Wonder if there will be any spicy locations in 2023?  Maybe Dimi knows.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    no they dont..we are good to go 
    What a relief.  I thought for sure they had grown tired of an easy pay check and easy touring schedule, that helps provide compensation for numerous employees and funds for numerous charities (not even including providing for their families).
    If being in a band was easy breezy effort and paycheck as you implied then any successful band would never break up. Clearly that is not the case.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22