Pearl Jam done?

Multiple friends have texted me asking if Pearl Jam is done touring?
anyone else?

Comments

• Like, for the year or done touring forever?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,764
    jdopj said:
    Multiple friends have texted me asking if Pearl Jam is done touring?
    anyone else?
    For this year
    I miss igotid88
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    Forever
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    not a chance

4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,764
    jdopj said:
    Forever
    People say that after every album and tour.
    I miss igotid88
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Hopefully not
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    They broke up after parting ways was released.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Did they go to any of the Sept shows? I sure didn't see a band that doesn't want to play shows any more!
  • jdopj said:
    Forever

They have stated they are working on a new album with Mr. Watt, I can't imagine they wouldn't be touring or playing shows.  Maybe toning down the amount of shows as they get older, but as of right now I don't see any reason to think they would be done forever
  • mcgruff10 said:
    They broke up after parting ways was released.  
    Yes, as likely as that ^^^^.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    Did they go to any of the Sept shows? I sure didn't see a band that doesn't want to play shows any more!
    This.  They seemed to be having a blast.  Doesn’t mean they might not take a break and necessarily do much next year but they will be back 
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    I agree. I went to two shows. But it’s out there and not from us nutcases
  • You and your friends are dumb
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    If you are part of any social media Pearl Jam groups you probably noticed the large amount of first time show goers  who went.  I could see if someone hasnt been following this band as closely as most on here do that it might seem strange for a band to end a tour and then there just not be anything planned in the future, except solo shows.  People asking if the band is done may not know how the and operates very well.
  • Alt nation?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 683
    It’s Stones fault…
    Paul D.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    dugangsxr said:
    It’s Stones fault…
    I love Stone but…Motley Crue…Dave Abbruzzese…2022 board summary…
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    edited September 2022
    The other factor in all of this is that the only real way to generate lots of revenue in todays music industry is to play shows.  Being their own entity to continue to employ a team like they do there gonna have to play some shows. Now they are fortunate where they could play a few festivals and generate that revenue and not have to do a tour over a few months.  The fact that they acknowledge writing and recording together also would surely seem they aren’t close to being done 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    This is not from nutcases?  What kind of cases are they?
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• A few more views on this post and this a**h*le from Alternative nations will be able to turn this into a headline.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • They’re likely done for the year but not forever.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • A few more views on this post and this a**h*le from Alternative nations will be able to turn this into a headline.
    Haha.  Yep.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,933
    Done what?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pjhawks said:
    The other factor in all of this is that the only real way to generate lots of revenue in todays music industry is to play shows.  Being their own entity to continue to employ a team like they do there gonna have to play some shows. Now they are fortunate where they could play a few festivals and generate that revenue and not have to do a tour over a few months.  The fact that they acknowledge writing and recording together also would surely seem they aren’t close to being done 
    Hugely important point. The band gotta eat.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    edited September 2022
    pjhawks said:

Don't forget merchandising!

https://youtu.be/vjB8XXw9y70
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,158
    demetrios said:
    pjhawks said:

Don't forget merchandising!

https://youtu.be/vjB8XXw9y70
    Space Balls the colouring book…

Space Balls the FLAME THROWER 🤣
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Fucking classic right there! Hahaha! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    Fucking classic right there! Hahaha! 

Indeed. Still hoping that one day they release an official Pearl Jam lunch box that I can take to work.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    pjhawks said:

lol they probably have enough to afford their veggies and fruit. But as far as having a large endowment for future generations they only have a set number of years to maximize income by touring. Plus, with them, it’s all about connecting with their rabid fans :)