Options

What's next for the boys? New album or more touring?

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    JimmyV said:
    Pearl Jam's Last Waltz: Four Nights in Fresno 

With their never ending search to find the small in small towns, why not wrap it all up with the Two Poles Tour?

Satisfy the ice cream man with a few in Anchorage, then off to the grand finale for a run of shows at McMurdo Station 

Metallica showed us it’s possible and probably much more likely to happen than their first proper tour in eleven years of their home country, by far the largest one on earth that has a large PJ following. Can be done in fewer shows than they played in 2022, but probably never happen again. Maybe US has at least double or triple the population of any other country loyal to the band?
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    I would hate playing music and traveling for millions of dollars to support ten months off a year doing whatever the heck I wanted to.  What a burden.   
    You might if you've basically done it your whole life
  • Options
    trees said:
    It's time to tour Ohio Cleveland  Columbus Cincinnati. .Pittsburgh.again please
    This ^
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited September 2022
    SM187650 said:
    Also a teacher here. Fully approve and support a tour of west coast and central Canada during the summer! 
    I’ll join you! (Teacher in BC).
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,404
    Didn't they record some stuff w/ Watt? I can see something being released by the end of next year with a few dates scattered around before.
    Why so long? I think they can release an album by May. I don't know how many songs they've recorded but Eddie's album came out quick from when they met and the first single
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Probably a lot easier to do an Eddie Solo record then a Pearl Jam record
  • Options
    apirk72 said:
    Probably a lot easier to do an Eddie Solo record then a Pearl Jam record
    RHCP has 2 double albums being released this year.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    So?  Guided by voices/Pollard releases 3-4 albums every year.  Are RHCP songs from the same sessions and they just split it in two?
  • Options
    apirk72 said:
    So?  Guided by voices/Pollard releases 3-4 albums every year.  Are RHCP songs from the same sessions and they just split it in two?
    Same sessions! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    MyBitterHands76MyBitterHands76 Posts: 340
    edited September 2022
    I find it weird they only played one NYC area show, we’ll… technically 2 with Apollo but I mean more only one MSG show, and one Philly show (that was actually in Camden not Philly itself) especially with how good the draw in those areas. So maybe we will see them next summer back in those areas… maybe in stadiums those?

Also, Didn’t Eddie say at the Denver shows “this could be Mikes last show?” I feel like I saw somebody in the PJ a Facebook group post that. 

Dimitries said there is stuff planned for next year too.

Post edited by MyBitterHands76 on
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    I find it weird they only played one NYC area show, we’ll… technically 2 with Apollo but I mean more only one MSG show, and one Philly show (that was actually in Camden not Philly itself) especially with how good the draw in those areas. So maybe we will see them next summer back in those areas… maybe in stadiums those?

Also, Didn’t Eddie say at the Denver shows “this could be Mikes last show?” I feel like I saw somebody in the PJ a Facebook group post that. 

Dimitries said there is stuff planned for next year too.

Playing one nyc show (obs Apollo was a private event, not a tour show) is the same as playing one show in many countries, also the same as playing one show between okc and oak. Playing two NE shows is the same as two shows in Canada and Aus combined.
  • Options
    rummy said:
    SM187650 said:
    Also a teacher here. Fully approve and support a tour of west coast and central Canada during the summer! 
    I’ll join you! (Teacher in BC).
    Yes, please, US tour in the summer, stop in DC.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,937
    I’d have loved an Oct/Nov Aus tour. Just would’ve fit perfectly to finish the Gigaton run before hitting the studio over the US winter to lay down some tracks for a 2023/2024 new album. Obviously an Oz tour isn’t forthcoming so hopefully they’re hitting the studio to finish 2022. Are we asking too much for a 2023 summer album?? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    apirk72 said:
    You said it was easier to do an Eddie solo than a a band. And I said the RHCP has 2 double albums this year. Meaning a band album shouldn't be that hard 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    I'd love a new album with them all in the same room for a month working together. Gigaton was really disjointed to me. Just an opinion and everyone has one, much like an asshole. =)
    Hasn’t it been a long time since they’ve done that? I thought the last several albums were pretty much written apart. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    New album then New England tour. 
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    apirk72 said:
    You said it was easier to do an Eddie solo than a a band. And I said the RHCP has 2 double albums this year. Meaning a band album shouldn't be that hard 
    A band album is way harder then a solo album, someone also said the RHCP albums are from the same sessions just split up which makes it very easy to release multiples.  Eddie has full control on a solo album, with a Pearl Jam album, I would guess, all members have a say how it turns out.  One is a single vision one is multiple, which is why a solo album is easier, and why they often aren't as good.

• Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    I'd love a new album. I really liked Gigaton, and I'd like to hear some new stuff.
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    In the short term, having the boys from PJ show up at Ed's Vegas show to play a set after the Earthlings would be a great surprise.  Since PJ had to cancel Vegas - and quite frankly there are still a lot of unsold tickets in a small venue even after cutting prices significantly - adding some "special guests" to the bill could turn it into the show of the year.  
  • Options
    Choska said:
    I'd love a new album. I really liked Gigaton, and I'd like to hear some new stuff.

Same. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,177
    In the short term, having the boys from PJ show up at Ed's Vegas show to play a set after the Earthlings would be a great surprise.  Since PJ had to cancel Vegas - and quite frankly there are still a lot of unsold tickets in a small venue even after cutting prices significantly - adding some "special guests" to the bill could turn it into the show of the year.  
    That would be cool but the boys seem to keep out of each other’s side projects. Ed didn’t even show for the Temple tour and he’s on the hit from that record. I think they don’t want to draw attention away from the original project.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Touring done for the year so guessing new album in the works first with Andrew Watt. 
  • Options

He’s also deep into production on a new album with Pearl Jam, a personal favorite he’s seen perform live more than 30 times. All five band members have crowded into his basement together, playing face to face. It follows Watt’s work on “Earthling,” a solo album from bandleader Eddie Vedder, released in February.

• Options
    trees said:
    It's time to tour Ohio Cleveland  Columbus Cincinnati. .Pittsburgh.again please
    +1 Cleveland!  12yrs and counting....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Texas definitely needs some shows
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    New England needs some 2023 tour dates too. 
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    Would have loved it if they had spent some of the pandemic tossing around ideas for a No Code/Yield box set. Man I'd love one of those. Happy for a new album obviously. Plus if they have been really productive another b-sides album could be filling up?

Ah now I'm just getting greedy.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    I kind of assumed they had enough for a bsides album already.  What's the last album that had bsides released.  Riot Act?  5 albums, no bsides?

Plus there was what ever album they started on where Can't Deny Me came out, but the scrapped and started over to form gigaton.  Plus I think there was another album where in an interview it was discussed there was enough extra content for an EP.

Not sure about the box sets anymore.   They reissued the lps and vs/vitalogy one really just had the live vinyl in it that made it interesting. I think everyone has the studio lp's now, so they'd probably need to go deeper than a live vinyl to sell copies.  Maybe they could toss in a live bluray :)
  • Options
    Zod said:

Not sure about the box sets anymore.   They reissued the lps and vs/vitalogy one really just had the live vinyl in it that made it interesting. I think everyone has the studio lp's now, so they'd probably need to go deeper than a live vinyl to sell copies.  Maybe they could toss in a live bluray :)

Live Blu-ray would be sweet but if they can't do that for the No Code & Yield days, I'll take DVD's. A while back I think it was Stone who said the box sets would be coming. I hope that wish comes true.