Expectations for Toronto

So after a great evening and setlist in Hamilton are some of us going to be disappointed after the Toronto show?  Pearl Jam can easily play a very hit friendly setlist to satisfy the mass crown at the ACC.  

Any chance they can match or beat Hamilton?

This is the setlist from that last show in Toronto. Another amazing show:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2016/air-canada-centre-toronto-on-canada-73f16e95.html

Comments

• The trick is to go in with zero expectations. Going in with expectations only leads to disappointment
  • Expect to have fun.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    The trick is to go in with zero expectations. Going in with expectations only leads to disappointment
    I did that last night.  Hard to do it after a great show!
  • I’ll just say that 4 Canada shows and zero Unthought Known would be disappointing.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • BW39451BW39451 Michigan Posts: 4
    I'm driving to the Toronto show from Ann Arbor, MI tomorrow.  Wondering if posters tend to sell out well in advance of the show...or it you think there still might be some available around 5pm?  

Also - predicting Long Road opener.  Somehow that opener tends to follow me. 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    None.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Has there ever been a bad Toronto show?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    The trick is to go in with zero expectations. Going in with expectations only leads to disappointment
    ☝️ this. I'd also add not looking at other show's setlist threads, but I've been glued to them for the fall tour.
  • After losing out on so much for the past 2yrs let's just enjoy the fact we will be spending 2 plus hours singing and dancing to our favorite band shoulder to shoulder with complete strangers and friends. Honestly thought August 20 2018 was going to be my last PJ show. Last night was a gift and so will tomorrow night. Going to love every minute of it.

[img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    I am so excited for this show - especially since I just got a nice upgrade for my seat :) I will see you all there.
  • Red Lukin said:
    So after a great evening and setlist in Hamilton are some of us going to be disappointed after the Toronto show?  Pearl Jam can easily play a very hit friendly setlist to satisfy the mass crown at the ACC.  

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2016/air-canada-centre-toronto-on-canada-73f16e95.html

I think it’s time for a bunch of VS. rockers. Animal, GO, Dissident, Glorified G!! Yeah baby!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • I expect I will have an awesome time, like always. There are songs I would love to hear and I have to say I have a pang for missing Hamilton but I fully expect to enjoy what we get in Toronto even if it doesn’t include Sad and Red Mosquito. Perhaps I’ll luck out and get Whipping. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Last night was my first ever pj show, and I have been a fan since the debut album during the start of my grade 12 yr of high school. I always thought I'd see them and there will be time. But life moves fast! It took me 31 years!!!!!! But I got to share this with my daughter who turned 20 on Aug 24th and is a fan too BC pearl jam was always in the background. She became a fan too, they are on her own playlist. So no matter what I saw last night and I was very lucky to score 2 ga tix 3 Weeks ago so she could come now, originally I was going alone BC I could never get pairs. And for tmw we are in sec 110 row 22 seats 3&4, yes I'm trying to up grade but it's hard when everyone else is upgrading. All I know is I'm going to enjoy tmws show with my daughter and have not complaints to what they played. The ones who complain about playlists are too entitled, seen too many shows. I'm just, no, we are just happy to be there.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    BW39451 said:
    I'm driving to the Toronto show from Ann Arbor, MI tomorrow.  Wondering if posters tend to sell out well in advance of the show...or it you think there still might be some available around 5pm?  

Also - predicting Long Road opener.  Somehow that opener tends to follow me. 

Long Road probably for MSG on 9/11.  I think we can expect Release as the opener.  Other songs likely to be on the set list are:  Small Town, Betterman and Even Flow.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    Red Lukin said:

My expectations: 20-something songs, Stone in a mask, Mike rocking out, and a strange 5-song opening set from Josh. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,218
    Toronto last night was fantastic! 
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I agree. Surpassed my expectations by far!