Options

Thank you to Pearl Jam, Ten Club, and you all from the bottom of my heart.

TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 535
edited September 2022 in The Porch
Not sure if the band or anyone who works for them reads this, but I know we do...

I just got back from the Quebec and Ottawa shows.  I am getting ready to go to Hamilton and Toronto.

Ed said some things at the Ottawa show that brought tears to my eyes (also so did the music).

He was talking about how we, the fans, have kept them going and made them stick together as a band.  That we drive them.

I want to now thank them for keeping many of us going and bringing us together with friends and making new friends all while singing songs that have special meaning to each and every one of us.

We are so lucky that you are all still doing this.  You are real people with real lives.  There are many reasons why you might not even be together now.  We are truly THANKFUL.

Almost every one of us has had some true meaningful loss in our life by now.  I have lost my Mom and Dad and now know you never get over it.  You just learn to live with it hoping they are with you somehow and smiling.

Listening to your music, going to your shows... which allows us to meet new people from all over this world, whom we instantly have something in common with, is an incredible thing.

I had so many tears in my eyes whether it was these words from Ed, him talking about Taylor and Gord, or hearing "Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away, hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away..."

There is often a lot of bitching and moaning on this board among some of us:  sometimes directed towards the band, sometimes to those that work for them, sometimes towards each other.  I get it.  That is what happens out there in the real world too.

Felt like some love between human beings was lost since March 2020 with what was happening in the world.  Yet,
 these last few days I saw and, more so, felt real love from the band to us, from us to the them, and from us to each other. 

I am very thankful for this band, for all the people that enable them to do what they do, and to you all for sharing this amazing experience in life together.

As I told a new friend I met after the Ottawa show, I feel more back to myself and a better person after each of these shows.  It brings me back to what's really important.  And above all, that is kindness towards others.  Be thankful.

Thanks for that. 
 :)

Brock
Post edited by Torontonian on

Comments

• Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    Here here. 
    Great message. Thanks for putting your thoughts into words and spelling it all out here.  
  • Options
    Agreed, great message! Well said. 

PJ, thank you so much for the music over the years, recorded and live! It is such a part of my life and has had such an effect on me as well. Thank you for the amazing shows, trips with my lovely wife to see shows, trips connecting and traveling with my sister to see PJ in cities around the country, and in two weeks traveling with my son to see PJ for the first time together! Especially thank you for instilling a love of music in me (I’m not a musician, but it’s on my bucket list to start), which has been passed on to my son. Music is his life (acoustic, electric, bass guitar and saxophone!), and he loves talking bands and new music with me.

My son and I hope to bring the positive vibes to Nashville and then St. Louis with my sister also!

Life is short! Can’t wait to enjoy more music and see my favorite band enjoying themselves as a musical family onstage! 

Thanks for everything and keep rocking PJ! And thank you 10C and all of the band’s crew. Your time and energy is so appreciated!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    Cheers, Brock. Well said!
  • Options
    Right on. Great post and couldn’t agree more. Can’t wait for Denver, I’m sure I’ll experience all those same feelings. I always do 😎
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,132
    Great post. Their music gets us through so much. I can't appreciate them enough! My last year an a half was rough..Dad and father in law died and then my German shepherd died..the music helps so much to get through the rough times and to remember good moments and cherish them I will be cherishing this chance to see them again this month for sure. 
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 637
    edited September 2022
    So well said OP.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • Options
    A beautiful  post.  Well said. Im with you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 619
    edited September 2022
    Awesome post Brock, you really hit nailed it with just how special this band and fan base is. Often their music alone is enough to remind us of this but when it comes together live with friends new or old it’s on another level.
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    Totally agree with the sentiment Brock. Well said. 

While I’m late to the tour traveling (Chicago has had plenty of stops over the years), I’d also add in the fact that the band, fans, and live shows have given me motivation to visit so many other cities and experience the world beyond my little bubble. Looking forward to seeing what Nashville has in store for us in less than 2 weeks!
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 529
    Spot. On. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    Well said!
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,233
    Awesome
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    This sentiment really hits home as our country is currently being rocked by mass murder events in Saskatchewan. I am quite certain EV and the boys (who always pay attention to the news of the country they are touring in) will touch on it during the next show. 

These events are rare here. I’m getting emotional just typing this post. All so tragic. More love in the world = a better world for all of us.
  • Options
    This sentiment really hits home as our country is currently being rocked by mass murder events in Saskatchewan. I am quite certain EV and the boys (who always pay attention to the news of the country they are touring in) will touch on it during the next show. 

These events are rare here. I’m getting emotional just typing this post. All so tragic. More love in the world = a better world for all of us.
    Amen. 🙏

So sad what is going on in Saskatchewan right now. 😢

As a society, we need to love our fellow human beings more and appreciate our differences. ❤️
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2022

Amen. 🙏

So sad what is going on in Saskatchewan right now. 😢

As a society, we need to love our fellow human beings more and appreciate our differences. ❤️
    The generational damage to our indigenous population caused by the travesty that is residential schools (forced assimilation) is causing catastrophe in ways no one could have ever imagined. 
    Canada needs to demand more action from our politicians. It’s up to all of us. Until there is real political will and action, this situation will not repair itself.  

DOA had it right way back in ‘91 - Talk Minus Action Equals Zero. Saw them earlier this summer and bought a shirt that said that on the back. 

Apologize if I took this thread in the wrong direction…. If only the world could feel like we all do at a PJ concert all the time, what a place it would be. More peace and love, kindness and forgiveness, compassion and reconciliation. Maybe I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    ❤️ 
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,276
    Not sure if the band or anyone who works for them reads this, but I know we do...

I just got back from the Quebec and Ottawa shows.  I am getting ready to go to Hamilton and Toronto.

Ed said some things at the Ottawa show that brought tears to my eyes (also so did the music).

He was talking about how we, the fans, have kept them going and made them stick together as a band.  That we drive them.

I want to now thank them for keeping many of us going and bringing us together with friends and making new friends all while singing songs that have special meaning to each and every one of us.

We are so lucky that you are all still doing this.  You are real people with real lives.  There are many reasons why you might not even be together now.  We are truly THANKFUL.

Almost every one of us has had some true meaningful loss in our life by now.  I have lost my Mom and Dad and now know you never get over it.  You just learn to live with it hoping they are with you somehow and smiling.

Listening to your music, going to your shows... which allows us to meet new people from all over this world, whom we instantly have something in common with, is an incredible thing.

I had so many tears in my eyes whether it was these words from Ed, him talking about Taylor and Gord, or hearing "Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away, hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away..."

There is often a lot of bitching and moaning on this board among some of us:  sometimes directed towards the band, sometimes to those that work for them, sometimes towards each other.  I get it.  That is what happens out there in the real world too.

Felt like some love between human beings was lost since March 2020 with what was happening in the world.  Yet, these last few days I saw and, more so, felt real love from the band to us, from us to the them, and from us to each other. 

I am very thankful for this band, for all the people that enable them to do what they do, and to you all for sharing this amazing experience in life together.

As I told a new friend I met after the Ottawa show, I feel more back to myself and a better person after each of these shows.  It brings me back to what's really important.  And above all, that is kindness towards others.  Be thankful.

Thanks for that.  :)

Brock
    That's exactly how I feel and see it too :)
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."