Question re Merch Sales

Are posters not available at merch stands inside the venues once doors open?

the lineup for Ottawa is crazy long. Is it impossible get a poster once doors open or is it FOMO?

(trying to decide how to manage Toronto and Hamilton.)
Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,933
    edited September 2022
    If you’re among the first group in you should have no problem getting a poster.  And if the first merch stand looks packed head to an upper level. It’s usually less crowded. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,221
    Yes, posters will be available inside. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,221
    The merch lines inside the Ottawa venue went pretty fast upstairs, same with Quebec City. Hopefully the experience will be the same in Hamilton & Toronto.
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 632
    demetrios said:
    The merch lines inside the Ottawa venue went pretty fast upstairs, same with Quebec City. Hopefully the experience will be the same in Hamilton & Toronto.
    Agreed. If you can make general door time you will have no issue. Merch stands were ghost towns upstairs in Quebec and ottawa. 

Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    edited September 2022
    aidt17 said:
    demetrios said:
    Agreed. If you can make general door time you will have no issue. Merch stands were ghost towns upstairs in Quebec and ottawa. 

An hour after doors at 7pm in Ottawa 200 level was a giant line for both stands. After the show the main entrance stand still had posters, shirts etc.
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    I've always felt posters were easier to get inside once doors open, as opposed to waiting several hours earlier in the day at the outside stands.
  • Sarava said:
    I've always felt posters were easier to get inside once doors open, as opposed to waiting several hours earlier in the day at the outside stands.
    How about the city specific t shirts?
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Thanks for all the replies.

During the Ottawa show I noticed a few people around me take off during the show them return with poster tubes. Presumably there were plenty of posters available from the merch stands.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,361
    PeterED said:
    Thanks for all the replies.

During the Ottawa show I noticed a few people around me take off during the show them return with poster tubes. Presumably there were plenty of posters available from the merch stands.
    I got my Ottawa poster after the show was over. I didn’t think it was going to sell out so I waited until the end when there was just a few people in line.
  • The city specific shirts were so poor quality  in Europe.  I hope yours are better 
     Its a lot of money for a poor t shirt
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    The city specific shirts were so poor quality  in Europe.  I hope yours are better 
     Its a lot of money for a poor t shirt
    They looked quite poor in Ottawa (thin, white shirt). Hamilton not looking much better judging from the recent post on PJ socials.
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    edited September 2022
    Sarava said:
    As others have said, the city shirts are of poorer quality than in the past. I got the San Diego show shirt when I was at that show and its noticeably thinner than any PJ shirt I bought in the past (and I've bought a lot of them). The one plus is they are 2 sided now.

If you notice my profile photo, I'm actually wearing the Lexington Kentucky show shirt from 2016, and in that case, I did what I mentioned above. We arrived in Lexington around 5pm. The show shirts and posters were selling like gangbusters outside.

So we just got in line to enter the arena about an hour before doors opened, and easily got the show shirt and poster. You do need to hustle to a merch stand when doors open, and sometimes it helps to think outside the box and not beeline to the most common merch stand.
    Post edited by Sarava on
  • Sarava said:
    Sarava said:
    As others have said, the city shirts are of poorer quality than in the past. I got the San Diego show shirt when I was at that show and its noticeably thinner than any PJ shirt I bought in the past (and I've bought a lot of them). The one plus is they are 2 sided now.

If you notice my profile photo, I'm actually wearing the Lexington Kentucky show shirt from 2016, and in that case, I did what I mentioned above. We arrived in Lexington around 5pm. The show shirts and posters were selling like gangbusters outside.

So we just got in line to enter the arena about an hour before doors opened, and easily got the show shirt and poster. You do need to hustle to a merch stand when doors open, and sometimes it helps to think outside the box and not beeline to the most common merch stand.
    Got it. Yeah that’s what I’ve been hearing about the shirt quality 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    This tour shirts are horrible.  They are the cheapest material ever and the most expensive ever.
  • jefft said:
    This tour shirts are horrible.  They are the cheapest material ever and the most expensive ever.
    How are the non city specific 2022 tour shirts?
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    jefft said:
    Green is thin, black is thin.  Sizing is really off too. also they shrink like crazy even washed in cold and not in the dryer.
  • jefft said:
    jefft said:
    Green is thin, black is thin.  Sizing is really off too. also they shrink like crazy even washed in cold and not in the dryer.
    All good to know. Thank you! 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,205
    Guess I'm in the minority but I like the thin fabric they use for the shirts.  Feels cooler to me. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.