Tour T-Shirt Quality?

LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
What’s the quality of the current tour t-shirts? Are they soft and more fitting or are they they same old thick, baggy, cheap style shirts they usually use?

Thanks!
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II

Comments

• The tour shirts (show specific) are Bella canvas brand. The green tour shirt is Gilden. 
    I personally like the Bella canvas better - seems to be a better fit 
    hope this helps 
    2000 - Toronto 
    2005 - St. John's 2
    2006 - Toronto 1 & 2 
    2009 - Toronto 
    2011 - Toronto 1 
    2013 - Pittsburgh,  Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit 
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto 1, Wrigley 1 
    2018 - Wrigley 1 & 2
    2019 - Ohana Festival 
    2022 - Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Nashville
    2023 - St. Paul 1 & 2
    2024 - Vancouver 1 & 2, NYC 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    The Bella ones suck.  The screen print is shit.  I said it in another post they need to go back to the organic ones they last and are great quality.
  • I bought only one shirt during the European leg because it was cheaper in Poland but the quality is not great.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Poor 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • and they were $50 tonight!!
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Thanks for the info
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• What about that $90 shirt? That’s a lot of cheddar to drop on something that is of poor quality. Any thoughts?
  • Tour sweatshirt looks great and is very comfortable. That said, I wouldn't wash it with white jeans, white linen, or white sheets. I'm answering to a very angry wife this morning who is wondering why all of her stuff now has a gray tint.
  • Tour sweatshirt looks great and is very comfortable. That said, I wouldn't wash it with white jeans, white linen, or white sheets. I'm answering to a very angry wife this morning who is wondering why all of her stuff now has a gray tint.
    Thank you 
    What about that $90 shirt? That’s a lot of cheddar to drop on something that is of poor quality. Any thoughts?
    is there really a $90 shirt?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan said:
    What about that $90 shirt? That’s a lot of cheddar to drop on something that is of poor quality. Any thoughts?
    I believe it’s a crew neck sweatshirt that was listed for 90 Canadian dollars so about 70 US
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,249
    LukinFan said:
    Merch prices at shows are pretty ridiculous now. I haven’t bought a single item at a concert in a couple of years now. 
    I almost hope the poster and show specific shirts are just ok for Nashville a STL so I’m not tempted to drop way too much money. 
  • While $50 and $90 are steep for shirts/sweatshirts at the shows, There will be creeps selling them on eBay after the show for $100+.  
    I almost hope the poster and show specific shirts are just ok for Nashville a STL so I’m not tempted to drop way too much money. 
    I'm bringing my poster tube so I really hope the Nashville poster is good
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• The soft shirts are considered the good ones now? I’ve always liked them but remember the pure hate for them when they were first introduced. The times have changed!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • LukinFan said:
    Merch prices at shows are pretty ridiculous now. I haven’t bought a single item at a concert in a couple of years now. 
    Can you even call yourself a PJ fan then? (Said only in jest, I just get a kick out of how people lose their minds over merchandise)
    The soft shirts are considered the good ones now? I’ve always liked them but remember the pure hate for them when they were first introduced. The times have changed!
    I'll take the more tighter, softer shirts over the big bulky, thick ones anyday 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    CA225323 said:
    LukinFan said:
    Can you even call yourself a PJ fan then? (Said only in jest, I just get a kick out of how people lose their minds over merchandise)
    It's the lines that have chased me away. I refuse to wait in them. Two shows this year, no merch. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    CA225323 said:
    LukinFan said:
    It's the lines that have chased me away. I refuse to wait in them. Two shows this year, no merch. 
    Yeah, I have so much better things to do with my time then to spend hours waiting in line for a t shirt or a poster...ok, admittedly "better" is relative, but I'd rather check out the city I am in, catch up with friends, have a bite or a beer, etc then wait in line. I bought merchandise in 2018 at Boston because I had to stop at box office earlier in day to pick up tickets and there was no line...the screen printing on the t shirt became cracked and faded after just a few washes...no way would I ever wait for crap like that. The posters are cool, but I only have so much space to hang them, so they aren't necessary, and honestly, I'll pay a premium on ebay to avoid waiting on line.
    JimmyV said:
    CA225323 said:
    LukinFan said:
    I haven’t waited in the lines a single show since the merch thing has blown up. The lines combined with ridiculous prices is a huge deterrent for me. I’d rather enjoy Pearl Jam day at the bars until show time. 

When did the merch thing explode for PJ?  Was it the first Wrigley field show?  Or earlier?  I remember talking to people that spent hours in that line. 
  • Bought the show specific shirt and it's paper thin...  
    JimmyV said:
    CA225323 said:
    LukinFan said:
    I haven’t waited in the lines a single show since the merch thing has blown up. The lines combined with ridiculous prices is a huge deterrent for me. I’d rather enjoy Pearl Jam day at the bars until show time. 

When did the merch thing explode for PJ?  Was it the first Wrigley field show?  Or earlier?  I remember talking to people that spent hours in that line. 
    It was Wrigley. Before that posters had always been important and there often weren't enough, but Wrigley 2013 was a different animal. Multiple posters, different items, early sales, setlist shirts after. 

• RyanRyan Posts: 1,098
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    CA225323 said:
    LukinFan said:

It was Wrigley. Before that posters had always been important and there often weren't enough, but Wrigley 2013 was a different animal. Multiple posters, different items, early sales, setlist shirts after. 
    I think PJ20 Alpine Valley was the first time all merch, not just posters, was out of hand.  Then Missoula 2012 was pretty crazy too with merch outside the venue.  
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
    Ryan said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    CA225323 said:
    LukinFan said:

I think PJ20 Alpine Valley was the first time all merch, not just posters, was out of hand.  Then Missoula 2012 was pretty crazy too with merch outside the venue.  
    Good point...I wasn't there so I didn't see it. 

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    CA225323 said:
    LukinFan said:

That’s what I thought. I was at PJ 20 and it wasn’t nearly as bad even though there was a ton of merch. I could’ve gotten anything I wanted if I recall correctly. Wrigley was a shit show if you wanted merch. 
  • JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    CA225323 said:
    LukinFan said:

I had won the travel package for that trip, You paid for everything it was just set up for you already, anywho, they sold merch to us in the hotel but there were wayyyyyyy more people that were there NOT from the hotel, lol.  
    I went over 30 min before it opens to just see whats up and there was a friggin line already.  Holy crap.  I wanted a box of cards.  Really wanted that because I do collect them but nope.  The PJ camp saw them being sold on the aftermarket the day before so they nixed it to 3 packs each...
    Got everything I wanted though other than a full box.  Which I am still working on BTW, lol.
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    CA225323 said:
    LukinFan said:

That’s what I thought. I was at PJ 20 and it wasn’t nearly as bad even though there was a ton of merch. I could’ve gotten anything I wanted if I recall correctly. Wrigley was a shit show if you wanted merch. 
    The heat, the lines. We didn't buy anything, but we did blow the money we would have spent on merch drinking at the top of the Hancock Tower the next day. 

• JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    CA225323 said:
    LukinFan said:

This is what I've deduced as well...it was a Wrigley thing. I never had any issues ever getting a poster or a t shirt in my time following the band from 2006 (my first show) through 2012 at Made in America Festival. 2013 everything became a different animal, in part due to the fact that they started selling merchandise outside of the venue at every show.
  • Getting a poster could be a challenge in the 2000s (still had to rush doors) but never the shirts except maybe sizes. There would never be a line at merch during the actual show. To be fair the 2000s and earlier merch is not as consistently good as the 2010s and beyond merch.

It definitely went nuts once they started doing 1) outside merch 2) show specific (non-poster) merch 3) more than one poster per show. So yeah probably PJ20 or when the ballpark shows started.

The quality of the art in the posters is leagues beyond the 2000s and earlier posters with maybe a few exceptions. You would never see something like this year’s Pinkpop poster which to me is gallery worthy. Most were closer to a traditional gig poster - simple shapes and minimal color palette. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22