Just a Girl at the Apollo / show #150

13»

Comments

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,613
    Go Animal said:
    Happy eve of the tour!  At long last, this East Coast run is set to take place.  I know...another song request thread, and a ridiculous, near impossibility at that.  Afterall, it's only been 11,555 days since Just a Girl was last played, by Mookie Blaylock, and on the West Coast the 2 times it was played on record (thanks livefootsteps.org you're the best).  But hey, if they can bust out Evil Little Goat or Out of My Mind anything is possible, maybe?  

I am beyond lucky to have won tickets for show by hammering away at the phone lines for weeks back in February 2020 and that the show has been rescheduled (unfortunately I don't have an open +1).  I am so grateful for the chance to witness this belated Gigaton celebration at this tiny historic venue.  If they were ever to bring it back, I think that is the perfect night to start, with a large PJ-only live audience in person and on air, broadcast for all to hear.

Oh and if things go as planned with Toronto, Apollo will be show #150 for me, so thought I'd sneak that in.  What a ride it's been, I can't thank this band enough for all of the joy they have brought me, the friends I have made along the way, the places I have visited, all that jazz.  More self indulgent reflection to follow later.

Thanks for reading.  

This post had me thinking how certain shows take on special meaning for people for different reasons. Obviously #150 has a "milestone" meaning and made me curious about other ones like #50 and #100 for you. What were those shows? 

Thanks for asking!  Based on the ole spreadsheet, looks like #50 was in Florida for the Vote for Change tour.  #100 was PJ20 (night one), that was a great night.

Coincidentally enough, the Vic was #75, and it's looking like going to have that same group attending the Apollo together.  Lucky bastards that we are.
    I've been meaning to ask someone about Kissimmee '04 & how it was. I've always had to shy away from it because I had to make the Judgement of Solomon that night 👀
    Do tell....

It was pretty awesome. Pretty sure it was the longest show of the tour. Wound up with second row off to the side, it pretty much turned into GA with all the people that crammed in. Timeless Melody was a highlight for sure. 
    And Death Cab opened up!  Yeah, that was the 1st and probably last time they would play the Silver Spurs Rodeo, let alone Kissimmee.

By that time I had seen them 4 times? But the other VFC show in town that night was at the Orlando Arena, and I just couldn't pass it up:

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, R.E.M. & JOHN FOGERTY
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:
    Happy eve of the tour!  At long last, this East Coast run is set to take place.  I know...another song request thread, and a ridiculous, near impossibility at that.  Afterall, it's only been 11,555 days since Just a Girl was last played, by Mookie Blaylock, and on the West Coast the 2 times it was played on record (thanks livefootsteps.org you're the best).  But hey, if they can bust out Evil Little Goat or Out of My Mind anything is possible, maybe?  

I am beyond lucky to have won tickets for show by hammering away at the phone lines for weeks back in February 2020 and that the show has been rescheduled (unfortunately I don't have an open +1).  I am so grateful for the chance to witness this belated Gigaton celebration at this tiny historic venue.  If they were ever to bring it back, I think that is the perfect night to start, with a large PJ-only live audience in person and on air, broadcast for all to hear.

Oh and if things go as planned with Toronto, Apollo will be show #150 for me, so thought I'd sneak that in.  What a ride it's been, I can't thank this band enough for all of the joy they have brought me, the friends I have made along the way, the places I have visited, all that jazz.  More self indulgent reflection to follow later.

Thanks for reading.  

This post had me thinking how certain shows take on special meaning for people for different reasons. Obviously #150 has a "milestone" meaning and made me curious about other ones like #50 and #100 for you. What were those shows? 

Thanks for asking!  Based on the ole spreadsheet, looks like #50 was in Florida for the Vote for Change tour.  #100 was PJ20 (night one), that was a great night.

Coincidentally enough, the Vic was #75, and it's looking like going to have that same group attending the Apollo together.  Lucky bastards that we are.
    I've been meaning to ask someone about Kissimmee '04 & how it was. I've always had to shy away from it because I had to make the Judgement of Solomon that night 👀
    Do tell....

It was pretty awesome. Pretty sure it was the longest show of the tour. Wound up with second row off to the side, it pretty much turned into GA with all the people that crammed in. Timeless Melody was a highlight for sure. 
    And Death Cab opened up!  Yeah, that was the 1st and probably last time they would play the Silver Spurs Rodeo, let alone Kissimmee.

By that time I had seen them 4 times? But the other VFC show in town that night was at the Orlando Arena, and I just couldn't pass it up:

Had never seen ANY of them before. Bruce/E Street, I'll catch next year. Fogerty? Don't know if he'll come to Florida again. And I'm glad I got to see R.E.M. at least once. It was an amazing night. No regrets, but man... if I could be in 2 places at once 😅

Speaking of seeing things just once & amazing nights, PLEASE PLAY JUST A GIRL AT APOLLO (or MSG), GUYS :) 🙏
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:

Thanks for reading.  

Do tell....

Had never seen ANY of them before. Bruce/E Street, I'll catch next year. Fogerty? Don't know if he'll come to Florida again. And I'm glad I got to see R.E.M. at least once. It was an amazing night. No regrets, but man... if I could be in 2 places at once 😅

Speaking of seeing things just once & amazing nights, PLEASE PLAY JUST A GIRL AT APOLLO (or MSG), GUYS :) 🙏
    My brother won tickets to that show from a radio station.  I should have been his plus one, but I opted to be the good sibling and attend our sisters  engagement party considering I was her maid of honor!  He flew down to Florida without me. 
    Looking back, I should have skipped out on the party too. Lol.  Not like it was the wedding!  
    Good Karma came back for me though and I won Apollo!  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:

Thanks for reading.  

Do tell....

My brother won tickets to that show from a radio station.  I should have been his plus one, but I opted to be the good sibling and attend our sisters  engagement party considering I was her maid of honor!  He flew down to Florida without me. 
    Looking back, I should have skipped out on the party too. Lol.  Not like it was the wedding!  
    The PJ show. Not Bruce. 
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:

Thanks for reading.  

Do tell....

Good karma in the form of ice cream!🍨

• Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:

Thanks for reading.  

Do tell....

I like that view!

Just going to leave this here before hitting the road for LaGuardia (and Toronto was wonderful). 

https://youtu.be/IRF7C2Bmvcs
    Just going to leave this here before hitting the road for LaGuardia (and Toronto was wonderful). 

Safe travels!
  • treestrees Posts: 1,866
    danny said:
    OUT OF MY MIND HELL YEAH 
    Was it that at the Spectrum where Eddie said they were offered a large donation to charity to play it?  Im losing my memory in my old age
    Yes and Just a Girl is a great song hope the play it 
    The St Louis  Missouri  show will be my 27th PJ plus Brad .RNDM in 2012 and 2016.,SoundGarden, 2013 .and 2017 rip Chris. And several  Ev shows .

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Just going to leave this here before hitting the road for LaGuardia (and Toronto was wonderful). 

Just came here to confirm that you made it to Toronto. So it's official....Apollo will be show #150. CONGRATS! Looking forward to seeing you there and celebrating this milestone with you.

And just in case someone from Ten Club is monitoring this chat.

JJJ   UUU   UUU      SSS    TTTTTTT        AAA        GGGGGG    III   RRRRRR      LLL

JJJ   UUU   UUU    SSS          TTT          AA    AA    GGG             III   RRR       R    LLL

JJJ   UUU   UUU        SSS       TTT        AA      AA    GGG            III   RRR    R       LLL

JJJ    UU     UU           SSS        TTT      AAAAAAA   GG     GG     III   RR  R           LLL

JJJJJJJJ   UU UUU       SSS            TTT     AAA     AAA    GG      G     III    RR    R         LLLLLLLLLLL

JJJJJJJJ    UUUUU    SSS               TTT   AAA         AAA   GGGGG    III    RR       RR    LLLLLLLLLLL

trees said:
    danny said:
    OUT OF MY MIND HELL YEAH 
    Was it that at the Spectrum where Eddie said they were offered a large donation to charity to play it?  Im losing my memory in my old age
    Yes and Just a Girl is a great song hope the play it 
    The St Louis  Missouri  show will be my 27th PJ plus Brad .RNDM in 2012 and 2016.,SoundGarden, 2013 .and 2017 rip Chris. And several  Ev shows .

Those RNDM shows, both tours, were so great
    Happy Apollo Day! Good luck to all getting in!
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761

Getting a nice base going…can’t believe the day is here!! 
  • To everyone that gets in have an amazing time. I'll be listening!
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Jadler said:

Was there yesterday. Amazing pizza!
    Jadler said:

Oh my!
    Well it was a valiant effort thanks! Pretty epic weekend regardless. See you in Nashville.

• alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    Just heard it driving thru beach traffic...play it somewhere! 

Fantastic song... how bout in Camden? B)
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden